X-Men 3

  • Thread starter Thread starter Anderton Prime
  • 157 comments
  • 6,092 views
Messages
2,760
Whoah. I saw the awesome poster for this at the theatre few months ago:

1596700x3teasersmall.jpg




I just thought now to see what's new with the project, and man, there are a LOT of characters in this one. Most notable are Beast, to be played by Kelsey Grammer, and get this, Juggernaut as portrayed by...VINNIE JONES! Man, this has to be good!!


 
I'm looking forward to this one, the last two were good and this looks like it will be as good or better.
 
I can see grammer doing the voice of the beast but other then that...

Still looks good.
 
That is a cool poster. 👍 I've never read a single X-Men comic, but I really liked the X-Men flicks, 1 & 2. 👍 Frasier as a character named Beast(again, I've never read the comic, so I don't know the character) should be interesting. :lol: I can't remember who Vinnie Jones is, but it will come to me. :D I'm looking forward to the film.

Edit: I'm thinking Vinnie's the ex-football player, who was in the "Gone in 60 Seconds", "Green Fingers", "Lock, Stock, Two Smoking Barrels"?
 
Yup, that's Vinnie!

Looking forward to this one. So did Jean Gray survive? We'll have to wait and see!
 
She evolves into the Pheonix.
 
Yeah, don't want to spoil it for everyone, but live4speed is right; Famke's in the credits as "Jean Grey / Phoenix..."
 
I'd never thought I'd see this sentence as long as I lived:

Anderton Prime
VINNIE JONES! Man, this has to be good!!
 
I have huge hopes for this one, first movie was good, second movie was fantastic, so folloing that trend...
 
It'd be like the Star wars trilogy, first one was good, second was fantastic, third had Ewok's :sad:. No but I do think this will be a good movie.
 
live4speed
It'd be like the Star wars trilogy, first one was good, second was fantastic, third had Ewok's :sad:. No but I do think this will be a good movie.

As long as wolverine impales a few ewoks, I am ok with them being in the movie :dopey:
 
New director... new director with very little experience filming something this big... that's not good.

Same writer though, and it's a good sign that they got all the big name actors to come back and play their parts (I thought Famke was on the fence if they didn't keep the director).

I have big hopes for this.
 
Famine
I'd never thought I'd see this sentence as long as I lived:

This may surprise you, Famine, but not everyone has the same likes and dislikes as you. AND, that doesn't make their preferences any more valid or invalid than yours. AND, a whole lot of people over here think Jones is just brilliant.
 
Anderton Prime
This may surprise you, Famine, but not everyone has the same likes and dislikes as you.

You're right, that does surprise me. :rolleyes:

Anderton Prime
AND, that doesn't make their preferences any more valid or invalid than yours.

No, but this:

Anderton Prime
AND, a whole lot of people over here think Jones is just brilliant.

does make their preferences invalid.
 
I did like the first two X Men films...for once comic book films that were'nt, well silly.
I presume 'ol Vinnie is just the voice? Correct me if I'm wrong but Juggernaut is huuuuge yeah? And with Beast too...hmm..lots of CG or men in suits?

Looking at IMDB no Nightcrawler...but several new ones..IMDB

Hmm.. I wonder why Singer isn't directing this one?

One writer from X Men 2.. I wonder if David (Snaaaaaake!) Hayter is doing the screenplay again?
 
I really liked Vinnie Jones in "Lock, Stock" and "Gone in 60 Seconds". I think he's an OK actor, definitely entertaining. 👍
 
I read some of (much of, maybe.) the script a long time ago, just like I read the SW:ep.3 screenplay long before it came out. My friend Ryan is in the "in" with all that stuff.

I won't say anything, but the movie seemed pretty cool. I don't remember a whole lot.
 
I think theres more factions in this movie than just the X-Men and the bad guys.
 
thats stupid they had hank mccoy (beast in human form) in x-men 2 and he was played by some guy named Steve Bacic.
 
Anderton Prime
This may surprise you, Famine, but not everyone has the same likes and dislikes as you. AND, that doesn't make their preferences any more valid or invalid than yours. AND, a whole lot of people over here think Jones is just brilliant.


Something bothering you today, Anderton?
 
Zrow
Something bothering you today, Anderton?
At least when it comes to films, Famine seems to rub Anderton the wrong way. I've seen this happen before(and it was really funny). :D
 
Nothing really seriously bothers me about Famine himself; just some of the comments he makes sometimes slightly annoy me. I personally don't see the humour in a statement that basically says anyone who likes such-and-such an actor is an idiot, so if it was intended to be funny, I guess Famine has to work a little harder. And maybe I do too.

Anyway, I think the first and greatest battle between Famine and I was over the Matrix Trilogy, which I still maintain he missed the point of completely, but since we've closed the lid on that one I suggest you go back and look it over if you want because there's no way we're letting that cat out of the bag; it would be as damaging as that little episode with Pandora...
 
Anderton Prime
I personally don't see the humour in a statement that basically says anyone who likes such-and-such an actor is an idiot

Which is good, because I neither said nor implied that.

Though I will now.

I'll also add this, slightly reworded, piece which made me grin.


Anderton Prime, 26, yesterday became the first Canadian to get to grips with the concept of irony.

"It was weird," Anderton said. "I was in London and like, talking to this guy and it was raining and he pulled a face and said, "Great weather, eh?" and I thought - "Wait a minute, no way is it great weather".

Anderton then realised that the other man's 'mistake' was in fact deliberate.

Anderton, who is 27 in January, plans to use irony himself in future.

"I'm, like, using it all the time" he said. "Last weekend I was grilling steaks and I burned them and I said "Hey, great weather."
 
Famine
"It was weird," Anderton said. "I was in London and like, talking to this guy and it was raining and he pulled a face and said, "Great weather, eh?" and I thought - "Wait a minute, no way is it great weather".

Too bad this is NOT an example of irony, but rather SARCASM.
 
That's what we said. Still made us laugh though.

(it was posted on another forum I frequent)
 
People are talking about me on another forum? Or was this a quote about someone else that you inserted my name into and made it applicable to me?
 
Anderton Prime
People are talking about me on another forum? Or was this a quote about someone else that you inserted my name into and made it applicable to me?

Famine
I'll also add this, slightly reworded, piece which made me grin.

*shrugs*

No idea.

*consults Wikipedia*
 
Again, the key word "reworded" does not necessarily imply that you've changed the names. This would be the reason writers include the footnote "SOME NAMES HAVE BEEN CHANGED" to articles where they have done so. Anyway, back on topic, what do you think about X-men 3? How about Kelsey Grammer as Beast?
 
Back