X-Men 3

  • Thread starter Thread starter Anderton Prime
  • 157 comments
  • 6,092 views
Don't tell me - you weren't in London, didn't speak to a guy who said "Great weather, eh?" and weren't cooking steaks last week either?

Well I'm shocked.


Kelsey Grammer... It'll be voice-only no doubt. Which would imply that the character is entirely CGI. Which would suck - Spiderman 2 showed just how far away CGI is from creating a realistic person. Of course if it isn't, it won't, so that's okay.
 
Highlight from my favorite showdown in the "movies & tv" subforum(second time, I posted it. sorry):

Ocean's Twelve thread
Anderton Prime
I am quite surprised that you found those parts funny. I actually had forgotten about them, and now the movie is downright awful in my opinion. Most sequels are, and this was no exception.

Famine
Are you on your period or something?

Anderton Prime
Because I didn't like a movie?!

I assume you were trying to be funny, but this comment is at par with the level of insult I'd expect from a 6th grader.

What's next, are you going to tell me to take a chill pill? To stop spazzing?

Famine
Jeez, dude. Take a chill pill. Stop spazzing.

Awesome! :lol:
 
Famine

I'll also add this, slightly reworded, piece which made me grin.

:lol: Made me snort into my coffee. Reminds me of the "When in Rome" thing from Anchorman.

But what was your boggle with Spiderman 2? Octavius (/octavios/octavious[to be like an 8 legged being - octavious :dopey:])?
 
The CGI was pants.

The entire L fight sequence was rendered laughable by the long distance shots - though the close-up stuff was fine (some may even say "good"). The worst bit was Spidey atop the crane at the end, where he stands up, turns to look at MJ and leaps off.
 
Famine, you are a genius. Will you be my mentor?
:D
 
Famine
Kelsey Grammer... It'll be voice-only no doubt. Which would imply that the character is entirely CGI. Which would suck - Spiderman 2 showed just how far away CGI is from creating a realistic person. Of course if it isn't, it won't, so that's okay.

They could just take the "Sky Captain" route and make the rest of the movie look bad so that the CG doesn't stand out... though that would suck... and be inconsistent... so nevermind.

I'm seriously worried about the change in director.
 
And rightly so!

Case in point... Batman (brilliant), Batman Returns (just as brilliant), Batman Forever (change of director [and actor]. Stinky), Batman & Robin (another change of director [and actor]. Hyper-stinky). Batman Begins (another change of director [and actor] and reinvention of the entire story from square one again - brilliant).
 
Famine
And rightly so!

Case in point... Batman (brilliant), Batman Returns (just as brilliant), Batman Forever (change of director [and actor]. Stinky), Batman & Robin (another change of director [and actor]. Hyper-stinky). Batman Begins (another change of director [and actor] and reinvention of the entire story from square one again - brilliant).

Yea but they also lost the main actor. It is encouraging that the actors signed on again - it suggests that they know that they think the new director will be ok. Still, I don't want to see this franchise get screwed.

Oh well, what had Peter Jackson done before LOTR? Not a damn thing, and he did a great job. Maybe the new guy will be good.
 
Didn't he direct "Heavenly Creatures"?

That wasn't bad (helped along by the fact I wanted to bonk Kate Winslet).
 
Famine
Didn't he direct "Heavenly Creatures"?

That wasn't bad (helped along by the fact I wanted to bonk Kate Winslet).

Never saw that one. The guy doing the directing for X3 did Rush Hour(s) and the Prison Break TV show.
 
Rush Hour was watchable.

Okay, Jackie Chan was watchable - he just happened to be IN Rush Hour.

Brett Ratner, right? He's not bad. I don't think there's much cause for concern.

Edit: He also did the remake of Red Dragon.
 
I loved both Rush Hours. I thought they were great. One(or two) of the few recent comedy flicks I really enjoyed. 👍
 
Famine
And rightly so!

Case in point... Batman (brilliant), Batman Returns (just as brilliant), Batman Forever (change of director [and actor]. Stinky), Batman & Robin (another change of director [and actor]. Hyper-stinky). Batman Begins (another change of director [and actor] and reinvention of the entire story from square one again - brilliant).

Yes but let's not forget that the Batman series was not destroyed merely by a change in director, but by a change in director to the WORST director in all of Hollywood, Mr. Joel Schumacher. The man has been living among real directors on borrowed time long enough.

But at least you recognize that Batman Returns was at least as good as Batman. Most people dismiss the sequel in favour of the original, but it deserves a second look, particularly for Burton fans; in my opinion, it's his absolute best work ever.
 
Omg I hope this isn't the last xman flick, I can only imagine the next one with apocalypse in it:O . Omg It WOULD BE CHAOS!!!!! And if in the next next spiderman movie, vemon was the villian!


Jesus, marvel is really saving up the ultimate villians for something......:grumpy: .
 
im so sick of rush hour. to think of it, im so sick of action/comedies that place two un-like cultures and forces them to get along. The whole time one another making fun of each other with cheesy mildly racist jokes, in the end realizing their differences and showing that two races actually CAN get along in this crazy mixed up world, but not abandoning their still cheesy mildly racist jokes. Toping the whole cake of crap off with a corny predictacle victory for the good guys and a hug and kiss by the two racially different partners.

eg:
rush hour 1 & 2
Blue streak I-spy
Bad Company
Showtime
National Security
Money Talks

Now you would be a dumbass to try and turn this into anti racial diversity because thats not what its about. Its about crappy un-intelligent stereotypical action/comedy propaganda.
 
SS69
im so sick of rush hour. to think of it, im so sick of action/comedies that place two un-like cultures and forces them to get along. The whole time one another making fun of each other with cheesy mildly racist jokes, in the end realizing their differences and showing that two races actually CAN get along in this crazy mixed up world, but not abandoning their still cheesy mildly racist jokes. Toping the whole cake of crap off with a corny predictacle victory for the good guys and a hug and kiss by the two racially different partners.

eg:
rush hour 1 & 2
Blue streak I-spy
Bad Company
Showtime
National Security
Money Talks

Now you would be a dumbass to try and turn this into anti racial diversity because thats not what its about. Its about crappy un-intelligent stereotypical action/comedy propaganda.
And I thought they were just bunch of shallow comedy flicks. Good examples of poorly made "buddy" movies, but there are some good ones too.
 
danoff
http://www.apple.com/trailers/fox/tls/trailer/

Looks GOOOOOOOOD!!!!

Oh man, I'm getting pumped about this.

The trailer does look good. I'm just concerned to see how Phoenix ends up on the side of the brotherhood and not just totally rogue.

The Golden Gate Bridge scene looks sick too. But...why no more nightcrawler? I thought he was a very succesful character in X2. I'm sure there's some storyline for it, but I don't like it anyway.:grumpy:
 
I'm getting pretty pumped for X-3 next week. I went ahead and made a little wolverine poster to kill some time and thought I would share it with you all 👍!
 
garnettrules21
I'm getting pretty pumped for X-3 next week. I went ahead and made a little wolverine poster to kill some time and thought I would share it with you all 👍!

Pretty cool, but, where are the claws?
 
Swift
Pretty cool, but, where are the claws?
Very faded, which is kinda my fault as well as the original pics fault, if you look on the bottom right they are there. Just faded :indiff:
 
garnettrules21
Very faded, which is kinda my fault as well as the original pics fault, if you look on the bottom right they are there. Just faded :indiff:

Ok, well in general, it's pretty cool:)
 
LOL, thanks swift 👍
 
I'll be going to see this as soon as it comes out, i've been looking forward to it for ages. I loved the two previous films and i'm interested about how the new director will do.
 
El Gigante
I'll be going to see this as soon as it comes out, i've been looking forward to it for ages. I loved the two previous films and i'm interested about how the new director will do.

I'm still sorry they had to get a new director. But if I had a choice between superman and x-men, I would've done the same thing. But I'm sure at this point the cast was used to the director and vice-versa. You can see this in other sequels with the same director all the time.

Either way, if he does as good as he did with Rush Hour 2, it should be just fine.
 
I think Bryan Singer will do a good job with Superman, and i'm hoping Brett Ratner will do the same with X-men. Hopefully Bryan can breathe a new lease of life into the Superman film franchise (because the last few sucked TBH).

X-men and X-men 2 were both very different films in my opinion, the second one was a lot darker and more violent (Wolverine actually stabbed people) and the story was more interesting.
 
El Gigante
I think Bryan Singer will do a good job with Superman, and i'm hoping Brett Ratner will do the same with X-men. Hopefully Bryan can breathe a new lease of life into the Superman film franchise (because the last few sucked TBH).

X-men and X-men 2 were both very different films in my opinion, the second one was a lot darker and more violent (Wolverine actually stabbed people) and the story was more interesting.

Superman 3 was tolerable for one reason, Richard Pryor. Outside of that it was an atrocity. Superman IV wasn't worthy of a high school play. But I was incredible and II was very good(though some scenes that were in sucked and that were taken out are incredible).

But you're right, the Xmen movies have been very different. And I think that's good, especially since it's a group of people developing and "evolving". The stories have to be more dynamic just because of that.

I hope they remember this with the next Fantastic 4 movie.
 
Swift
But...why no more nightcrawler? I thought he was a very succesful character in X2. I'm sure there's some storyline for it, but I don't like it anyway.:grumpy:

Although he's a great character, one of my faves, he's always been shown as a kind of journey man. And although he has appeared in many many Xmen comics over the years as a strong member of the team, he later becomes a member of Excaliber, another mutant super hero team. So as of late, most of the times we see them (NC and XMen) together it's been the XMen calling on him, or them simply meeting up in action somewhere with both teams teaming up... I don't know how they're going to explain it away, but with all of the other characters they'll be adding this time, most people won't notice... And that dosen't mean that he won't be seen in another movie, should they make one...

As for the Gambit thing... Here's the thing, they've already gotten a lot of eggs in the whole Bobby/Rogue, now Kitty love triangle going, and that part of the story would clash with the original Gambit/Rogue thing that often goes on in their stories in the comics... I'm guessing we wouldn't see Gambit until we get to see Jubilee and the Shadow King... By then perhaps Rogue would be older and likely Bobby would be gone... Making it fit...

Yes... I'm a comic geek from way back... What kills me now is that all the people that made fun of me in high school for reading comics are now all over the bloody movies like they're some great discovery... Go figure... The stories never really changed, just their presentation... Just wait till they hear that I've retired on my collection...
 
I think I will actually see this one in the theater. As I said before, I can't wait to see Kelsey Grammer in this movie.

P.S. garnettrules21: Nice poster, but even nicer avatar. ;)
 
Back