X2010... Only for the worthy.

  • Thread starter Thread starter Ech0Ambar1
  • 62 comments
  • 4,677 views
:) I do work in a school! (All three apply):sly:

I'll be happy to earn my X2010 through months of grind, I don't mind if it takes me until this time next year. I'd like to gain it fairly and know I've got the skill required to do this. I don't care if others want to buy/trade for the X2010 but I doubt they'll feel the same sense of accomplishment when driving it.
 
I'm amazed at how many people dupe and raffle the X2010, a car whose ownership speaks of the skill of the person that beat the challenges. To me, giving up your garage for the sake of saying you own the fastest car and then duping it to recover your losses devalues the accomplishment that is beating the Vettel challenge. Am I the only person bothered by this?

Its not called bothered, its called whining??
Think of it like this:
Theres always another view of seeing skill in a game (eg: gold all licenses or everything)
who cares what one or few cars are worth?
 
I doubt they'll feel the same sense of accomplishment when driving it.

People who take shortcuts in games won't get all the enjoyment there is to get out of the game.

Casual players who trade into X1s because they don't want to finish the career races will be over and done with GT5 within two or three months. Bored to death because they've driven all the fast cars and have saved enough lunch money to buy Hot Pursuit. Those of us taking the long route will still be discovering something new every day until next Christmas. That's what's happened with GT3 and GT4, that's what will happen with GT5.
 
^ Couldn't have said it better myself niky
 
I also traded for the X1 when I was just about to hit level 30. It was nice having some time in the car before the S. Vettel challenge. I still had to adjust to the car provided in the challenge, as you can't tune it though. I was able to gold Monza, and still only have bronze on Suzuka and Nuburg GP.
 
Meh, who cares? The car is total BS anyway and has no place in a game with 'The real driving simulator' as a 2nd title.

The X1 has about as much to do with real driving as scratching your arse.

This 👍

What bothers me, though, is that it actually can be used online...
 
the thing is the trophy you get is for all bronze in the challenge... there should be a trophy for getting all silver and one for completing the challenge with all golds... then we would really see who has earned the X2010 Prototypes the "Hard Way"... :dopey:
 
Whose to say the g forces are to much. In a jet the blood is getting withdrawn from the brain where as in a car it is just sideways G's so therefor you still have consciouness ?? anyone??
 
the thing is the trophy you get is for all bronze in the challenge... there should be a trophy for getting all silver and one for completing the challenge with all golds... then we would really see who has earned the X2010 Prototypes the "Hard Way"... :dopey:

You do get different X1's for each trophy.

Gold = Carbon X1
Silver = Painted X1
Bronze = Redbull X1
 
It's still pulling 8G's (says in the description of the X1)... Normal people are off into the unknown after hitting 5G :crazy:

Only superman could drive this thing for long time... F1 drivers could hold for maybe 2-3 laps :banghead:
 
You do get different X1's for each trophy.

Gold = Carbon X1
Silver = Painted X1
Bronze = Redbull X1

but in the achievement area... now everyone will have the Carbon X2010 after "someone" posted something on the Marketplace Forum... and that thing is getting alot of attention... due to not many people can do the Vettel Challenges...
 
The number of cars or specific cars like the X2010 doesn't proves he's a good driver.

Online shows just how good/bad drivers really are.
Punting, pushing corner cutting reverse driving noobs are all over the Internet.
 
but in the achievement area... now everyone will have the Carbon X2010 after "someone" posted something on the Marketplace Forum... and that thing is getting alot of attention... due to not many people can do the Vettel Challenges...

True, but unfortunately it's too late to do anything about it now. I also traded for the X1 prior to hitting level 30, but that doesn't make me unworthy of the car. I have 1 gold and 2 bronze trophies on the challenge so far.

Not everyone trading cars is a 12 year old looking to cause problems online, or someone wanting to skip through everything in the game.
 
At the very end, all those guys who trade their X1 will end up on some half way, but we all who beat that challenge will end in the end :) I mean Platinum Trophy. Their not 👍

Car is not the prize. It's spoils the fun in GT5 because after you play with it every thing else seems, ..... well turtle.
 
At the very end, all those guys who trade their X1 will end up on some half way, but we all who beat that challenge will end in the end :) I mean Platinum Trophy. Their not 👍

Car is not the prize. It's spoils the fun in GT5 because after you play with it every thing else seems, ..... well turtle.

true it's like a jet fighet around a track...
 
I can't believe anyone actually feels any genuine prestige by having a platinum coloured sprite on their PS3 XMB. :nervous:

I'm 28 A-Spec & 22 B-Spec and traded for an X1 myself to see what all the fuss was about as I wasn't wasting any more time in the career mode, and after having some fun with it I stopped using it. The game isn't tarnished or ruined for me and the game isn't about getting to level 40 via grinding or leaving an AI to lap the endurance races as I sleep.

For me the games about time trials and racing with friends 👍 I don't know a single person who actually brags or cares about trophies or owning exclusives/rares in video games. :nervous: I've had my X1's and so have my friends but we're still racing for fun. I thought everyone did?

"The Worthy"... behave yourself! you're not a Jedi Knight because you passed a video game challenge.
 
"The Worthy"... behave yourself! you're not a Jedi Knight because you passed a video game challenge.

wow that sums us up preety nicely The Jedi X Knights - those who passed the challenge...:sly: lol
 
whats wrong with trading its better than cheating
 
Lol. This thread just makes me lol. Video games always seem to bring out the uber geeks who are bedroom hero's (no, not in that way:sly:). Fair play to you guys who invest that much time to get uber good though. Me, I'm casual and tend to get bored quite quickly but do enjoy the odd race here and there. I guess older I get, the less interested I am in games. I never thought I would say that 10 years ago. :crazy: Rc heli's is where it's at for me now.............that takes real skill! 👍
 
What a stupid thread. Whose actually bothered. Stop moaning and go and cream over your X10
 
I'm amazed at how many people dupe and raffle the X2010, a car whose ownership speaks of the skill of the person that beat the challenges. To me, giving up your garage for the sake of saying you own the fastest car and then duping it to recover your losses devalues the accomplishment that is beating the Vettel challenge. Am I the only person bothered by this?

To answer your question, Yes because it's only a game. It's a fantasy car that only exists as a large lump of clay. I want real cars, not F-Zero land of make believe cars whose only competition is it's self and gets pretty boring doing time trial laps in.
 
What a stupid thread. Whose actually bothered. Stop moaning and go and cream over your X10

Flaming does not earn you bonus points on Thursdays, sorry.
 
At the very end, all those guys who trade their X1 will end up on some half way, but we all who beat that challenge will end in the end :) I mean Platinum Trophy. Their not 👍

Car is not the prize. It's spoils the fun in GT5 because after you play with it every thing else seems, ..... well turtle.

I hadn't thought of it that way. Well stated.
 
Lol. This thread just makes me lol. Video games always seem to bring out the uber geeks who are bedroom hero's (no, not in that way:sly:). Fair play to you guys who invest that much time to get uber good though. Me, I'm casual and tend to get bored quite quickly but do enjoy the odd race here and there. I guess older I get, the less interested I am in games. I never thought I would say that 10 years ago. :crazy: Rc heli's is where it's at for me now.............that takes real skill! 👍

Bothered probably wasn't the right word; it's more along the lines of irked. It can ruin a good online race.
As for me, you can probably go ahead and call me a purist. I've been playing GT5 for almost 13 years, and 've worked for everything the entire time. :P
 
Heh, more importantly, (Darwin's theory of) evolution hasn't got to the stage where a human being could withstand the G forces the car generates.

I was talking to a buddy last night about the theoretical G forces it can produce. Do you know of what it can do? He was saying 10 or more G's and I was thinking less.
 
For the heroes there are those (seasonal event) leaderboards to top and show-off some real skill. For those who just want to enjoy driving different kinds of cars but don't want to grind or sit through B-Spec, there's trading. Everyone gets a piece of the pie!
 
It's still pulling 8G's (says in the description of the X1)... Normal people are off into the unknown after hitting 5G :crazy:

Only superman could drive this thing for long time... F1 drivers could hold for maybe 2-3 laps :banghead:


Jet fighter pilot, 5 laps
the Stig.... infinity
chuck norris.... the g's couldn't hold up to him
 
Jet fighter pilot, 5 laps
the Stig.... infinity
chuck norris.... the g's couldn't hold up to him

lol :dopey:

maybe slightly off topic... but i'm dissapointed with top gear challenges... I thought we would be racing the stig, in nice cars... not 2 volkswagen's from millenium ago and a little pathetic lotus... :(
 
I work 60 hours a week. After having the game since it's release I am only reaching level 17 now. If I recall, some people reached level 20 by the 3rd day the game was released.. Given my commitment to my work, family and other hobbies. It is likely I will never reach level 40.

I think it's entirely reasonable for me to request a duped X1, so I may enjoy some of the more extreme cars in the game.
 
Back