X2010 Seasonal

• Thread starter HU-LK
  • 80 comments
They would be truly Epic Crashes if GT5 had debris , semi-realistic collision damanges, wheels coming off, unusable cars immediately following the crash. As it is, there is no fun in driving in reverse :), or ramming into AI for that matter. currently, it's like kicking a washing machine in slippers. (note: I don't do that, just laymen speak)

It's fun watching your car fly 40+ feet into the air and the other cars spin out and pile up. Why would I want my car to be completely wrecked after first crash? Unless of course you like restarting races.

I reckon it would be closer to 200km/h. It would certainly be very aerodynamic if it fell nose first but it will roll and the bottom is concave and this will slow it down a lot..... plus it is quite light.

Ah but lightness has nothing to do with how fast something accelerates due to gravity! I am passing high school physics Lol. Its cross sectional area and density that are the main contributours to terminal velocity, but only because of air resistance...
If it were driven off, it would then suck itself to the clifface with that fanjet thing!

On-topic, o would actually like that! I really like the idea behind the X2010, the whole lets just see what technology can do. I got one by trade and love it to bits...
What i DO hate is the people that just ruin online rooms with an x2010 and no driving ability. If i want to bring mine along, i ask first.

I wonder what terminal velocity would be since it has such a minimal air resistance?:lol:

6e306f943fc864e7ee41a1b3a7f16172.png

where

Vt = terminal velocity,
m = mass of the falling object,
g = acceleration due to gravity,
Cd = drag coefficient,
ρ = density of the fluid through which the object is falling, and
A = projected area of the object.

find out the releavant information and its not hard to work out

Lots of hate for the X2010 which I thought looked familiar (Caparo T1 anyone) but it's like most of the other cars in the game in that nobody forces you to drive it. It's just a shame you can get them without proving you can drive one first. It's probably the only car Bob can drive better than me.

I did the Suzuka 1000km in one (took just under 4 hours, rather than the expected 6 and a half) and it took me a while to get used to normal racing afterwards.

The main reason I hated it was the Vettel challenge but once I'd passed that (only bronze, mind, thank **** I'm not a completist!) it didn't seem so bad. Now it's doing sterling work on the Dream Car Championship, earning big bucks and getting me ever closer to the 'air of experience' trophy.

People hate it so much because they cant drive it, its too fast and too sensitive for them. I personally think its the best car in the game.

Mass does affect terminal velocity (unless the race is being held in a vacuum). I never mentioned acceleration in freefall

Oops sort of forgot that a vacuum was required for that rule... :-S
If we were racing a seasonal in a vacuum, i wonder what that would do to the X1s handling...

I'd much rather have more Ferrari F1 seasonals. Maybe with one where the F10 and F2007 are both in the same race.

The X2010 should stay where I like it to be... a workhorse car. :D

I remember when I 1st got my X1 after the vettel challange, I took it round TGTT for awhile, then I got in my semi tuned scuderia which is a fantastic car, and honestly it was like I got in the fiat 500 the difference in huge.

What seemed fast before, seems really slow and sluggish now. I like driving the X1 regardless if it is possible to create or not in real life. However X1 seasonal would be possibly as hard as the vettel challenge, all the AI taking all the racing lines near spot on.

I think the X1 gets a bad press, people that use it as a bumper car spoil it for everyone else by getting it blocked from rooms etc.

Drive the X1 off a cliff? It would immediately scale down it's vertical slope unscathed.

People hate it so much because they cant drive it, its too fast and too sensitive for them. I personally think its the best car in the game.

It's not actually a car :rolleyes: Its a horrible thing to drive, why? Because I can't drive it? No, because it's completely unrealistic and also pointless as it is way to good for anything the AI drive. I would suggest people who use it to win the nurburgring 24hr and 4hr cant drive as they have to use a cheat car to do it, try racing in a genuine race car that is on a par with the other competitors and winning, that is a good driver.

I wouldn't mind an X2010 seasonal. I find the car has excellent braking power considering how fast it goes. It does not spin out or understeer like the FGT does. I can think of a lot worse cars to race, Prius, Schwimmagen, I-Miev. I would like to see another GTR challenge or a Range Rover dirt event. :)

Aside from the car being monumentally hard to drive, you couldn't have an X2010 seasonal. People would need to be at level 30 at least (or level 35 b-spec if you can't drive it anyway) to do it which is unfair, the cars for the other seasonals could all be bought pretty much right away (minus the Ferrari F1 races) so it seems a bit unfair that way to me.

Also, have you never tried a one-make race in this monstrosity? It's terrible.

I see no point for it. To hard to drive and to unrealistic. But I am game for any new SE's.

Even though I like the X2010, I don't think it deserves its own seasonal.

what about being able to race our very own b-spec drivers id love to take them on i think they slow down on corners far too much,

anyway staying on topic, why not an X2010 seasonal you have to be lvl40 to buy it lvl35 b-spec to gain it, lvl30 a-spec to try and win it, whats the point in having it in the game otherwise.

It's not actually a car :rolleyes: Its a horrible thing to drive, why? Because I can't drive it? No, because it's completely unrealistic and also pointless as it is way to good for anything the AI drive. I would suggest people who use it to win the nurburgring 24hr and 4hr cant drive as they have to use a cheat car to do it, try racing in a genuine race car that is on a par with the other competitors and winning, that is a good driver.

I did the le mans 24hr endurance round circuit de la sarthe in my toyota minolta, And absolutely hammered the AI, But im gonna do the nurburgring 24hr in my X2010 as i simply like driving it round there, last time i drove it round there i got 4m38s which aint too bad, My bob drivers at lvl40 dont do it that quick

X2010 seasonal, No. If we're gonna run a seasonal event in that car maybe PD can give us a special track for it with turns banked up to 60 degrees and a massive loop then at the finish line they could put in that big cliff so many people wanted. Or..... They could give us challenging races in realistic cars. X2010 doesn't belong in the game at all.

what about being able to race our very own b-spec drivers id love to take them on i think they slow down on corners far too much,

anyway staying on topic, why not an X2010 seasonal you have to be lvl40 to buy it lvl35 b-spec to gain it, lvl30 a-spec to try and win it, whats the point in having it in the game otherwise.
There are lots of people who got the x2010 before the trade restrictions that may not be level 40 or 35 b spec.

I think the x2010 has a place in the game. It is unfortunate that people gripe and complain so much on this website about the content or lack of content in GT5. Quit playing and go wine in the Need for Speed forum. If I was PD I wouldn't make a game for a bunch of ungrateful consumers who whine and b*#@1 about every little thing. :irked:

On a lighter note I would love to see the Batmobile in the game. The Dark Knight one, take that Schwimaggen!!

Last edited:
I make X1 only lobbies from time to time and they fill up fast.

X2010 lobbies are great fun if they're run at road courses. But most people tend to leave after the first or second race if someone's fast with it. I do agree that a Seasonal for it would be great, seeing as we don't have a in-game race for them.

Also, all of this hate is unbelievable. I mean seriously, why so much hate? It's just a more aerodynamic F1 car with a fan used for ground effects. I mean, how unrealistic is that?

this is my favorite car to drive, it takes alot of time, but Ive done several endurance races, 200 miles of laguna. I dont know why people hate this car! I love it!

There are lots of people who got the x2010 before the trade restrictions that may not be level 40 or 35 b spec.

thats the people who should leave it alone, win it 1st or buy then you will appreciate it lol

X2010 lobbies are great fun if they're run at road courses. But most people tend to leave after the first or second race if someone's fast with it. I do agree that a Seasonal for it would be great, seeing as we don't have a in-game race for them.

Also, all of this hate is unbelievable. I mean seriously, why so much hate? It's just a more aerodynamic F1 car with a fan used for ground effects. I mean, how unrealistic is that?

WOW THUMBS UP BIG STYLE 👍👍👍👍👍👍

6e306f943fc864e7ee41a1b3a7f16172.png

where

Vt = terminal velocity,
m = mass of the falling object,
g = acceleration due to gravity,
Cd = drag coefficient,
ρ = density of the fluid through which the object is falling, and
A = projected area of the object.

find out the releavant information and its not hard to work out

1 large american man jumnps off the empire state building he will stop getting faster before he makes a very large hole in the pavement.

Latest Posts

Back