X2010 Seasonal

• Thread starter HU-LK
  • 80 comments
Wow! I can't believe the hate!?

First of all it IS a realistic car. It was designed by Adrian Newey the same guy who designs the F1's for the Red Bull team. Last I checked Red Bull was the 2010 season winner on the F1 circuit. This is the car Newey would design for F1 racing if he didn't have any limitations.

It is certainly a challenge to drive 250-310 mph but I personally get great enjoyment out of it. Have you tried it at La Sarthe or High Speed Ring? Have you tried it in single-spec practice mode? It's a pure pleasure! I hope it stays in the GT series!

First of all it IS a realistic car. It was designed by Adrian Newey the same guy who designs the F1's for the Red Bull team. Last I checked Red Bull was the 2010 season winner on the F1 circuit. This is the car Newey would design for F1 racing if he didn't have any limitations.

It is certainly a challenge to drive 250-310 mph but I personally get great enjoyment out of it. Have you tried it at La Sarthe or High Speed Ring? Have you tried it in single-spec practice mode? It's a pure pleasure! I hope it stays in the GT series!

I totally agree, Its about time PD did some races for this beauty

Even if this car "gets alive" no human would and can drive it, the G forces wold be very high - highger than RB Air Race where there is 10G, it would all end in fatal crash....

It's a stupid make believe car that has no place in a game like gt5 and driven by utter noobs online!

It'll be nice to have a seasonal race for this car. Imagine you against 15/11 other A.I. drivers in an X2010, too; That is something I would to seep my teeth in (did I said it right?)!

@mrkevans

Yes it is a car for total or close noobs, but just ignore it, like I do. It is a bit an eyesore and ridiculous for many, but the best way to solve it is to leave it alone. Try to make your own lobby that is strictly against X2010's, or make private lobbies, or search out a room that doesn't use or affiliates to X2010's.

Hey, give the X2010 its due. It's made B-spec grinding a doddle. 👍

To drive it in A-spec, use a wheel, turn 'active steering' off & turn the power down to a setting you're comfortable with. It becomes quite a pleasure to drive. You can also raise the ride height to lessen the vacuum effect. :sly:

It'll be nice to have a seasonal race for this car. Imagine you against 15/11 other A.I. drivers in an X2010, too; That is something I would to seep my teeth in (did I said it right?)!

Just go to the practice tracks then & enter a same make race?

@mrkevans

Yes it is a car for total or close noobs, but just ignore it, like I do. It is a bit an eyesore and ridiculous for many, but the best way to solve it is to leave it alone. Try to make your own lobby that is strictly against X2010's, or make private lobbies, or search out a room that doesn't use or affiliates to X2010's.

No it wouldn't be nice to have a seasonal the A.I would brake to 100kmh in any corner.
And no you didn't say it right.

I hope it involves driving it off a cliff...

X2010 Seasonal?

No, thanks...

I read today of a cliff on one of the moons of Uranus that is said to be 20km deep...ten times the depth of the grand canyon. I would drive a X2010 off of this anyday :lol:

http://apod.nasa.gov/apod/ap110404.html

bring on the jokes :sly:

Either flat as a pancake, or hidden behind a fireball of explosive goodness.

F18
The only thing fun about the X1 is loading up Indy 500 endurance race and driving in reverse, against traffic.

Epic crashes immediately follow.

Horrible car. DIAF.

It's a stupid make believe car that has no place in a game like gt5 and driven by utter noobs online!

In total agreement with all this. Never actually driven it myself, but the idiots who drive it online are enough to put me off.:scared:

Even if this car "gets alive" no human would and can drive it, the G forces wold be very high - highger than RB Air Race where there is 10G, it would all end in fatal crash....

The funny this I highly doubt they'd have it put down that much downforce for a real race. I can imagine a extremely low drag body with a low amount of downforce coming from the front and rear spoilers and using the fan to produce a major amount of the downforce. This means you can have a car that can go extremely fast on only a small amount of horsepower yet can blast through low speed turns. Seriously, turn the aero settings to 50/50 and adjust the power for about 800HP. You'd manage about 6Gs for high speed turns and maybe 3-4 for low speed ones (I can imagine this is what we'd see if this type of car was real.)

Don't see how it has no place in the game, it does fulfill the creator's dream of a "Greater Speed." Thus I guess you could say the X2010 and GT5 are a match made in heaven. Also it is sad that the X2010 gains the rep of being a "noob" car. However there are those of us who can manage a lap at the Nurburgring in the 3:20s who do race them online. So not everyone who races them online are noobs and don't know how to drive them.

This quote, and every quote like it....... boo hoo.:(
It's pretty simple. If you don't like it.... don't use it.
If it makes you sad to see noobs use it online..... join a room with the bhp limited to .... gee I dunno.... somewhere under 1000.
Get off the computer, wring out your tissues, and race the cars you do actually like.
I like the X2010. The first time I got in one and launched past the field put a mammoth smile on my face.
I use it to grind, I don't use it online, haters need to grow up.
Back on topic....
X2010 seasonal? Why not? It might be more competitive than any other seasonal event we've had to date. 👍

Well, one things for sure and that's that EVERYONE will have a car to compete in it with.

I had read advice on this forum to leave the X2010 until the end of the grind :grumpy: As the car is so unrealistic, it would spoil the experience of racing the remaining 1000+ cars in the game, making them feel slow. 👎

At this point I only have the three Vettel Challenges remaining to Gold (I have also left the AMG Academy Intermediate Full Lap as my final challenge to provide a modicum of fulfilment in achieving my first Platinum in a PS3 Title) :)

Back on topic, if a Seasonal Event was released for this car, I would give it a miss, despite being a huge fan of all the Seasonal Events to date as a method of providing some variety to the GRIND.:grumpy:

Now if PD were to release a Seasonal Event for the Historic Racing Cars from the sixties, I would be over it like a rash, in fact I predict the rash to be so severe, it would require some extensive time off work to "recuperate". :guilty:

Now where did I leave the keys to that 🤬 stupid car, I need to get some practice :grumpy:

I am willing to bet , that if PD is to make a X2010 seasonal, it will be next to impossible to achieve 1st, and I do hope Kaz makes it that way for those desperately seeking this seasonal :)

Think about it, you are driving against AI that does nanosecond calculations around the track. We laymen primates with our beer misplaced on the coffee table next to us will lose hundreds of feet of distance from any minor mishap.

Back