• Thread starter Castrol96
  • 305 comments

X2014 Good, or Bad?

• Good

Votes: 243 61.7%
  • Bad

Votes: 151 38.3%

• Total voters
I'm fine with it as long as it isn't given out for free (in that dlc pack) like in GT5. It should be a super-elite reward that you must be extremely skilled to earn.

I know, I remember in the old games, at minimum it would take you an endurance or a never-ending championship to unlock a F1. Up until GT5's release we had the X1, it was quite hard winning it for the first time. Until the racing pack was released people could easily get the car. After that the car didn't feel special anymore.

I'm fine with it as long as it isn't given out for free (in that dlc pack) like in GT5. It should be a super-elite reward that you must be extremely skilled to earn.

I aggre with you.
Also I'd like to see a poll on this thread:tup:

That is exactly how it should be. Rare, and hard to get.

Terrible idea. I didn't like or agree with the other models either.

At least make them extremely hard to earn and untradeable so hooligans can't use them.

As long as there are better regulation online I don't see why anyone would want the car locked up for people offline. If someone isn't very skilled but wants to use this car to easily win an endurance race, why should I care? Their offline play doesn't affect mine so I wouldn't want someone who wants the car to be put off to the game by not being able to access it or not having the skill to beat the challenge to access it.

Again, as long as there are better regulations online it shouldn't be an issue at all.

God, I hate X2010 and X2011... It just don't fit GT series for me. Now X2014 coming, probably I hate this one too.

So has Adrian Newey actually gone back and made improvements he thinks would work in reality or have PD just taken the numbers and made them a bit better?

So has Adrian Newey actually gone back and made improvements he thinks would work in reality or have PD just taken the numbers and made them a bit better?

It would be the physics engine that needs looking at. GT6 is supposed to be greatly improved, so even if ported over we might get a completely new car.

As for the car itself, it's one of the best ideas in GT. There should be one (or more) in every GT6 garage.

I think an X14 would be a good thing as it would continue to showcase the evolution in technical freedom expressed when there are no rules. It's the immature people that couldn't drive them properly that gave the X10 and X11 a bad reputation and not the car itself being just ludicrously fast.

I think most of the X1 hate is centered around three main reasons, and as long as PD can eliminate those reasons it's fine:

1. A bit too easy to get. In GT5 you had several easy-ish ways like ranking up B-spec, and they even gave one out to everyone in October 2011.
2. Overused in online lobbies. Sure you can set a PP limit, but many hosts are too dull to do it, or encourage X1s to drive around, so normal cars are screwed.
3. You had to finish the Red Bull Vettel special event for the Platinum. **** that challenge.

EDIT: 4: You can buy the X2011 for DLC, so anyone with a dollar can get it.

As long as a large amount of the 200 new cars for GT6 aren't fictional cars (that includes RMs and special editions) I have no reason to complain.

This is not a C6.R. no is fooled.
chevy_corvette_rm_special_stage_route_x__1__by_xanthemann-d5jbee7.jpg

This is just a work aroun to the fact that they couldn't get access to either the GT1 or GT2 Pratt & Miller C6.Rs and had to create a fictional substitute. Fictional cars are nice but the focus should not be on them.

Last edited:
I know, I remember in the old games, at minimum it would take you an endurance or a never-ending championship to unlock a F1. Up until GT5's release we had the X1, it was quite hard winning it for the first time. Until the racing pack was released people could easily get the car. After that the car didn't feel special anymore.

You mean when PD gave them to everyone for free, because of Vettel's win?

-I wouldn't mind the X14 if they had a unique restriction which meant they can't be used in a normal lobby, and you could only use them if the host had turn the settings for it on, like Karts.

Again, as long as there are better regulations online it shouldn't be an issue at all.
This. Whenever it was possible, there always was at least one asswipe ruining it for everyone with a X1. More regulation options should eliminate any frustrations.

I wouldn't mind the X14 if they had a unique restriction which meant they can't be used in a normal lobby, and you could only use them if the host had turn the settings for it on, like Karts.

This is abysmal game design.

We need a race design filter or something, not pointless unhelpful restrictions for one car or another.

X1 restrictions - no

Host picks what is allowed from 1000 cars - yes

This is abysmal game design.

We need a race design filter or something, not pointless unhelpful restrictions for one car or another.

X1 restrictions - no

Host picks what is allowed from 1000 cars - yes

Or disallowed.

Anyway if it is a different virtual car, has fantastic sound, can have customisable parts/wheels, custom livery and can be driven on any custom track we care to imagine then most of GTP would be happy.....

But with F1 going way of the turbos, was thinking could PD essentially be reflecting the progress of technology in F1? KERS system perhaps? That could easily add 300hp.

22 say good to 12 bad, did I step into an alternate reality? I was sure I'd be pretty much alone in liking the idea. :odd:

Yes. Yes you did. You've stepped into the twilight zone. A place where cars sound like trash compactors and can go 370MPH.

Last edited:

I aggre with you.
Also I'd like to see a poll on this thread:tup:

This...All I can say is, "Really?" You know, it's things like this that make game developers age prematurely:

Developers: "Here's some DLC."
Gamers: "It should be free. I don't wanna pay for stuff."
Developers: "But, you paid for the DLC you said you didn't want to pay for anyway, so why should we make it free?"
Gamers: "Because we said so."
Developers: "Alright, well, here's some free DLC."
Gamers: "Free stuff? What? This stuff should be premium content."

Maybe they should do like Forza does and instead of gifting you the cars they should just make them available for purchase in the dealerships, but, then adding a 20 million credit car might not go over so well, so there would be....you know what, perhaps you people who don't like stuff like free DLC should just play Forza...or both Forza and GT.

Last edited:
It would be the physics engine that needs looking at. GT6 is supposed to be greatly improved, so even if ported over we might get a completely new car.

As for the car itself, it's one of the best ideas in GT. There should be one (or more) in every GT6 garage.

I really don't see why people have such an issue with it.

I think most of the X1 hate is centered around three main reasons, and as long as PD can eliminate those reasons it's fine:

1. A bit too easy to get. In GT5 you had several easy-ish ways like ranking up B-spec, and they even gave one out to everyone in October 2011.
2. Overused in online lobbies. Sure you can set a PP limit, but many hosts are too dull to do it, or encourage X1s to drive around, so normal cars are screwed.
3. You had to finish the Red Bull Vettel special event for the Platinum. **** that challenge.

EDIT: 4: You can buy the X2011 for DLC, so anyone with a dollar can get it.

Exactly. I was able to avoid public lobbies and it solved the problem. If I had no choice, I just set the room to a specific setting and viola, no X1s.

As long as a large amount of the 200 new cars for GT6 aren't fictional cars (that includes RMs and special editions) I have no reason to complain.

So 44 cars (14 of which funny enough aren't even listed in the car lists) was somehow a large amount in GT5? Even then, that hardly makes up for most of the premium cars so clearly "fictional cars" never were the focus of the game.

Last edited:
Back