XBONE/XOX Project Cars 2 impressionsXBOne 

• Thread starter 05XR8
  • 8 comments
Australia
Australia
As probably the least amount of players that use this console, please share impressions, help, concerns of PC2, on the MS platform.

Last edited:
My initial drive with the R32 at Bathurst was a bit twitchy. Straight out of the box, default controller settings, AI 85%/85%. dry conditions, formation lap, Group A & Vintage GTB.

With the help of member @Caillins13 , I was able to try these settings with a greater level of playability.
For those using a controller, try out these setting tweaks. It looks as though the default settings are configured weird/twitchy out of the box for some reason. Quite a few people have mentioned this makes a world of difference:

I used the 240ZG stock, GT A & CT B classes at Donnington, 10 minutes, not practice or qualifying, dry conditions, AI 85%/85%. the fun continues on from PC1!

Usually a wheel driver and it showed tonight but overall pad Controls are better.

I set up a 32 Cars multiclass (LMP2,3 GT3,4) at Silverstone and it was basically a unplayable Diashow right now. DONT EVEN BOTHER.

Xbox hasnt seen a Day One Patch yet though.

With 20 Cars around Long Beach i had no issues though

I guess I'm one not too fussy about the graphics on XBONE. I'll most likely get an XOX, but the atmosphere makes up for it. Also, the real to life trackside camera angles. Those have improved ten fold.

I've mentioned it a few times, the game has a ToCA 1 feel. It's as if this is what Codemaster's would have done, had they kept up the series.

On the Xbone here i got two issues. First when i do my qualifing sessions, if i end the session before time is over the AI gets alien laps putting me in the back. if i just pull over and let the time run out they are like 4-6 sec's behind me still. Yes i know i should up the difficulty but still gettin used to and learning the game.

Second, The Caterham. When i do some heavy braking with downshifting the reartyres lock up whenever i downshift. I think this could be tuned out of the car but it still seems to be something non-intential. Tryed to let the rpms drop low before downshifting and it still happens.

Besides this im really liking the game so far. thumps up!

I started a career over the weekend (with Ginetta Junior) and have run into a couple of issues. The first, very minor item is that after I finish a race weekend (practice/qual/race), I get an email from my manager regarding my qualifying after my engineer has already congratulated me on how well I did in the race!

The second issue is more of a real head-scratcher. During the round at Silverstone National, it'll start raining during the second lap of the race. By lap 3 it'll be a monsoon. Here's my issue. I had a lead by lap 3, so I came into the pits and changed to wets - with the AI cars staying out. I had trouble keeping control with the wet tires and finished last. Not knowing for sure if I put on wets, I re-ran the race and made sure to update my pit strategy to specify wet tires. On my second go-round, I once again had the lead, pitted for wets, came out in last and once again had trouble controlling the car - while the AI didn't seem to have any issues (aside from being a bit slow). Even driving around at 40 mph caused me to hydroplane and slide off into the grass. Well, 3rd time being the charm, I decided to just stay out on my slicks. Sure enough, I ended up keeping my lead and winning the race. For some odd reason, it felt like I had more control on slicks than I did with wets while racing in the rain - which just strikes me as odd.

I started a career over the weekend (with Ginetta Junior) and have run into a couple of issues. The first, very minor item is that after I finish a race weekend (practice/qual/race), I get an email from my manager regarding my qualifying after my engineer has already congratulated me on how well I did in the race!

The second issue is more of a real head-scratcher. During the round at Silverstone National, it'll start raining during the second lap of the race. By lap 3 it'll be a monsoon. Here's my issue. I had a lead by lap 3, so I came into the pits and changed to wets - with the AI cars staying out. I had trouble keeping control with the wet tires and finished last. Not knowing for sure if I put on wets, I re-ran the race and made sure to update my pit strategy to specify wet tires. On my second go-round, I once again had the lead, pitted for wets, came out in last and once again had trouble controlling the car - while the AI didn't seem to have any issues (aside from being a bit slow). Even driving around at 40 mph caused me to hydroplane and slide off into the grass. Well, 3rd time being the charm, I decided to just stay out on my slicks. Sure enough, I ended up keeping my lead and winning the race. For some odd reason, it felt like I had more control on slicks than I did with wets while racing in the rain - which just strikes me as odd.
I never pitted in that race and had no problem. Is it really slicks though? Can’t remember now, but check telemetry screen for what type of tyre is on the car. I think default is all-season or something like that, so you don’t need to pit.

On the Xbone here i got two issues. First when i do my qualifing sessions, if i end the session before time is over the AI gets alien laps putting me in the back. if i just pull over and let the time run out they are like 4-6 sec's behind me still. Yes i know i should up the difficulty but still gettin used to and learning the game.

That happens on the PS4 as well. I see it being discussed on the official forums so hopefully that gets fixed. Also you can usually get away with skipping to the end if there is only a min or 2 left. Any more than that and you risk the AI times going crazy.

I never pitted in that race and had no problem. Is it really slicks though? Can’t remember now, but check telemetry screen for what type of tyre is on the car. I think default is all-season or something like that, so you don’t need to pit.

Had not thought of that! Since the start of the race was on a fully dry track I just assumed slicks.

Back