Xbox Japan: "Forza 6 includes weather, night racing, 450 cars"

  • Thread starter Thread starter G.T.Ace
  • 1,289 comments
  • 98,896 views
@McLaren @ImaRobot
Found it, Team VVV interviewed Greenawalt:



Starts at around 1:10 min.

"26 Environments, including 10 new ones."

Thanks for that, but I'm wondering, is that 10 new tracks to the whole franchise, or 10 new tracks that where not in FM5?
 
80 '84 Rabbit GTI in FM3, 120 more to go...
 
Thanks for that, but I'm wondering, is that 10 new tracks to the whole franchise, or 10 new tracks that where not in FM5?

I don't know, it makes no sense, there are 21 tracks confirmed on Fm.net,
only 4 of them are new: Rio, Watkins, Brands, Daytona. So 5 yet to be announced.
There were rumors about T10 laserscanning Monza, Circuit of The Americas and Pacific Raceways.
 
To not fall into irrelevance within the racing genre.
I don't see how they're gonna fall into irrelevancy in a genre that is literally 4 games strong on consoles. Aside from GT nobody else challenges them in sales or more importantly amount of content/features in one package. People still want to have lots of cars in one game, PC/AC don't match in that department, customization/tuning/upgrades are again a step above everything else out there. Now that PCars is out you can enjoy the experience of dynamic ToD/Weather there, the two titles can co-exist perfectly, I have enough space on my hard drive to keep both and play whichever game I feel like playing.
My whole argument was that these dynamics add more to the racing than a solid 60fps.
That is your personal opinion, not a fact. I know that I would straight up refuse to buy a T10 game that has framerate drops, solid 60fps in their games is a legit selling point for me and differentiates them not only from the rest of the genre but the rest of the gaming industry. People like to state 1080p/60fps as the holy grail and then when a dev actually achieves it they say it's not important. I've had nice experience with PCars' dynamic systems and it's a major selling point for the game considering everything else is very barebones in the game, it's a unique feature than nobody else has, but I hope they continue to improve the performance because when it slows down those are the times when I'm not having a great time with the game despite the added visual flare.
A full Forward+ rendering engine coming to XB1 at 900p at a framerate closer to 30fps than 60fps with very little going on in terms of dynamic lighting.
Please provide some sources about F1 using F+?
 
Same, which is why I have no qualms owning multiple games.

And while that is good and all, I am weary of buying game "A" for this feature, and game "B" for this component only to be left to crossing my fingers for the solution in the inevitable sequel.

tire_walls01cpked.gif


Instead of putting a lot of time into small details in physics for track side props, why not have the track artists design art for time of day or weather? Instead of using up CPU or GPU cycles for physics props, why not calculate dynamic weather?

That's a great question. On top of that, I see a car traveling at over 100 MPH smack into a wall as if it was nothing. But hey, the tires along the barricade flew in the air, right? :rolleyes:

Now while I fully expect someone to chime in with "but simulation damage was off", let me stop you right now. I fully believe that if the crash physics were all that, T10 would be showing it off in sublime manner.
 
Now while I fully expect someone to chime in with "but simulation damage was off", let me stop you right now. I fully believe that if the crash physics were all that, T10 would be showing it off in sublime manner.
Show me a single game that has great crash physics. From my experience they're all mediocre. As long as the performance/handling is affected I don't give a damn about visual side of things, we're never gonna see burnout style damage in these games, so might as well stop hoping.
 
Now while I fully expect someone to chime in with "but simulation damage was off", let me stop you right now. I fully believe that if the crash physics were all that, T10 would be showing it off in sublime manner.
Well, thats because it is quite literally off. No damage occured what so ever, not even the pop up for mechanical damage. The mechanical damage has always been great. The visual damage seems to improve ever iteration though, so I'm also interested to see what comes out of it on the final game.
 
Show me a single game that has great crash physics. From my experience they're all mediocre. As long as the performance/handling is affected I don't give a damn about visual side of things, we're never gonna see burnout style damage in these games, so might as well stop hoping.

Indeed. It's why in 2015, with Turn 10's newest game, I was expecting different.

No. I will not cease with my wishful thinking when it comes to racing games. If we followed the mindset we would still be playing Pole Position instead of F1.

SidebySideF11.png


Well, thats because it is quite literally off. No damage occured what so ever, not even the pop up for mechanical damage. The mechanical damage has always been great. The visual damage seems to improve ever iteration though, so I'm also interested to see what comes out of it on the final game.

That's all I want to see. Why not show it at E3? When certain features are not shown, I am forced to wonder why the developers might be hiding it.
 
I don't see how they're gonna fall into irrelevancy in a genre that is literally 4 games strong on consoles. Aside from GT nobody else challenges them in sales or more importantly amount of content/features in one package. SOME People still want to have lots of cars in one game, PC/AC don't match in that department, customization/tuning/upgrades are again a step above everything else out there. Now that PCars is out you can enjoy the experience of dynamic ToD/Weather there, the two titles can co-exist perfectly, I have enough space on my hard drive to keep both and play whichever game I feel like playing.

That's your opinion and you are totally entitled to that. I don't share it. As I have stated many times in many posts on this board, I'm a racer first and foremost. I judge my games by what happens on track, that's where the joy lies for me in racing games. Not in a menu painting, tuning, customizing or taking pictures and I know from my experiences here, and with the PC community over the years, there are many like me. Over the years I've tried to defend the likes of FM and GT in these circles and state a case for there relevance within the racing genre. Many of these people had the likes of FM or GT on last gen consoles as well and I know they are not returning this gen. So, from first hand experience, there are some of these sales you talk of gone for the foreseeable future. So for me, some people here, and my other circles, It's in danger of falling into irrelevance.

BTW I added some to your statement because you don't speak for everybody.

That is your personal opinion, not a fact. I know that I would straight up refuse to buy a T10 game that has framerate drops, solid 60fps in their games is a legit selling point for me and differentiates them not only from the rest of the genre but the rest of the gaming industry. People like to state 1080p/60fps as the holy grail and then when a dev actually achieves it they say it's not important. I've had nice experience with PCars' dynamic systems and it's a major selling point for the game considering everything else is very barebones in the game, it's a unique feature than nobody else has, but I hope they continue to improve the performance because when it slows down those are the times when I'm not having a great time with the game despite the added visual flare.

What the?.. Of course that's my opinion and not a fact! That is why I said argument.... If it was fact there would be no argument. :lol:

Please provide some sources about F1 using F+?

I'll find the article I read when I get some time later but basically, they dropped the hybrid (Deferred and Forward+) used in Ego 3.0-3.5 for a full forward+ solution for ease of use. Not because it offered a better aesthetic/performance ratio because it simply does not. Like I've stated time and time again and I feel I have to repeat myself because you either don't understand, or just don't want to understand, it's just easier to get from A to B using that solution if your a developer, It's not the best solution for the consumer. In development world, time is money.
 
That's all I want to see. Why not show it at E3? When certain features are not shown, I am forced to wonder why the developers might be hiding it.
At the same time, we know for certain mechanical damage is there, and that it works well, but it's still not shown in the video. However, I also would like to see if there is any change in that department.
 
That's a great question. On top of that, I see a car traveling at over 100 MPH smack into a wall as if it was nothing. But hey, the tires along the barricade flew in the air, right? :rolleyes:
Just about every single racing game ever made is guilty of this. You can only simulate damage so far.
Now while I fully expect someone to chime in with "but simulation damage was off", let me stop you right now. I fully believe that if the crash physics were all that, T10 would be showing it off in sublime manner.
Since when has T10 ever advertised its crash physics as "all that"?

That's all I want to see. Why not show it at E3? When certain features are not shown, I am forced to wonder why the developers might be hiding it.
Maybe because every developer knows better than to show everything at once? Ever heard of building hype?
 
BTW I added some to your statement because you don't speak for everybody.
And neither do you, some people want a hardcore experience and some want a laid back one, so what's the problem with PCars doing the first and Forza doing the second? Don't like it, don't buy, it's pretty simple. Why do you feel the need to **** on the game if you're not gonna play it anyway?
it's just easier to get from A to B using that solution if your a developer, It's not the best solution for the consumer. In development world, time is money.
If the majority of consumers don't care then I don't see the problem. The time saved on migrating to a new engine can lead to better polish, which T10 and Codemasters have shown over the years and SMS hasn't. They've got this deferred rendering and everything dynamic, but the games' performance is uneven to say the least and polish wise it's more akin to an alpha build than a compete polished AAA experience you get in other racers, not to mention that it's not using PBR and is essentially rooted in lastgen tech with the majority of tracks seemingly carried over from Shift 2 with minor improvements.
 
Last edited:
And neither do you, some people want a hardcore experience and some want a laid back one, so what's the problem with PCars doing the first and Forza doing the second? Don't like it, don't buy, it's pretty simple. Why do you feel the need to **** on the game if you're not gonna play it anyway?

I know I don't speak for everybody, that's why I use words like some. I used first hand past experiences, you generalised. A few points....

1. Stop taking everything so personal and getting all emotional because I do not share your views.
2. It does not matter if I buy the game or not in regards to my opinion. I shared mine and respected others, your'e basically becoming aggressive every time I don't share yours. What's with that?
3. I'm not ******** on the game I'm voicing my opinion, last time I checked this is the place to do it. So I have full right to do so whether it offends you is not my problem, It's yours.
4. I'd like to know where I stated in that post I am not going to buy the game? Where?


If the majority of consumers don't care then I don't see the problem. The time saved on migrating to a new engine can lead to better polish, which T10 and Codemasters have shown over the years and SMS hasn't. They've got this deferred rendering and everything dynamic, but the games' performance is uneven to say the least and polish wise it's more akin to an alpha build than a compete polished AAA experience you get in other racers, not to mention that it's not using PBR and is essentially rooted in lastgen tech with the majority of tracks seemingly carried over from Shift 2 with minor improvements.

:banghead:

Sigh.... So I take it you retract your earlier statement of...

You're absolutely insane if you think deferred would give them a lot more performance to achieve ToD.

Because you have offered me nothing, NOTHING to suggest this is true in any sense of the word and now all you are doing is shifting from the facts to an argument. An argument that, to be honest, is arguing with itself. :lol:

Making excuses for the product, being almost apologetic for the developer and using deflection to other developers and products is basically what you've been doing lately to every post you respond to on this section. Not just to me but everybody who has a problem with it. I think that kind of behaviour is weird to say the least, we are all fans of the series or we would not be wasting our time here (well except maybe for Zero but he's gone now, RIP)

I don't like the direction it's heading and I'm sharing my concerns with like minded people. It is not a crime and you should respect that. You look like you're on voluntary damage control for some strange reason and everyone who does not say the game is glorious must be a hater or have there views vilified in a passive aggressive nature.
 
I've played GT5/6 quite a bit, it doesn't have aquaplaning, simple as that.
I don't know how you haven't notice the aquaplaning effect in gran turismo, and in fact it is very easy to loose the grip when is raining.
Sure you have played Gt
 
Its funny seeing people saying that t10 is lazy, because they had to sacrifice the dynamic elements of night or weather for rock solid 60fps, but at the same time ignoring the fact, that SMS had to sacrifice a rock solid framerate and 1080p resolution to do those dynamic effects on xbox one. Game development is about sacrifice.
I don't think it is about sacrifice cause we can look at PD, they have added dynamic wether day/night cycle ,rally and all this stuff in 1440x1080p on a 2006 console
 
I am disappointed about one thing. They went and made some fake Forza Team cars. Someone ate the Polyphony book on adding duplicates now, didn't they...
(I know about the three blatant duplicates in FH2 (the G-Shock 370Z, the FF Supra, the Cheetos F-150) but this is a bit more extreme).
 
Imagine if GT had this car list...
 
Then I would be unhappy. It isn't as good as you think it is, although 450 cars solves the problem a lot better than 320 does.
 
Forza 6's car list is better than GT6's in some ways, but not all.
 
Then I would be unhappy. It isn't as good as you think it is, although 450 cars solves the problem a lot better than 320 does.

I don't think it matters how many cars there are in a racing game (unless there are only a few). All it matters is that the cars are good.
 
I am disappointed about one thing. They went and made some fake Forza Team cars. Someone ate the Polyphony book on adding duplicates now, didn't they...

Man, a whole one duplicate of 15 different cars.

What would really make it compete is 22 Miatas, 53 Skylines, 18 Silvias, 29 Imprezas, 27 S2000s, and 31 RX-7s.


Beneath all the dupes GT has a great car list, it just bothers me that they bury it under so many of the same for the sake of numbers.

Comments on the overall quality of the list should probably wait until we've actually seen the whole thing.
 
I am disappointed about one thing. They went and made some fake Forza Team cars. Someone ate the Polyphony book on adding duplicates now, didn't they...
(I know about the three blatant duplicates in FH2 (the G-Shock 370Z, the FF Supra, the Cheetos F-150) but this is a bit more extreme).
Oh for god's sake, how are they duplicates? They are special editions of cars with special paint jobs that clearly aren't there to boost car count as not everyone will even have them.
 
Oh for god's sake, how are they duplicates? They are special editions of cars with special paint jobs that clearly aren't there to boost car count as not everyone will even have them.

If anything thats worse, a car pack of 10 tuned and painted cars that they are flogging as DLC
 
If anything thats worse, a car pack of 10 tuned and painted cars that they are flogging as DLC
You're thinking of this as x number of cars but some of them are just the same car with another paint job. Instead, you really should be thinking of this as y number of cars with some additional special Liveries for some cars on top of that.
 
If anything thats worse, a car pack of 10 tuned and painted cars that they are flogging as DLC

It is literally the exact same situation for FM6's Team Forza cars as it was for GT6's Anniversary cars. Free to all.

Say it with me people: "reading".
 
Back