Xbox Japan: "Forza 6 includes weather, night racing, 450 cars"

• Thread starter G.T.Ace
  • 1,289 comments
I don't think gt6 anniversary cars were free.

Oh? It was a free upgrade here, all pre-orders being bumped to the Anniversary Edition by default. So, at least from this perspective, it's no different.

If it cost to get the 15A cars in other parts of the world, then T10 has done one better *

* - I'm not even a fan of the Team Forza / Collectors Edition / what-have-you cars that end up being a paintjob, a slight tune-up, and nothing else. I'll readily admit they just seem like number-padding to me. But I find it funny that people will willingly accept a game with a vast chunk of its car list being duplicates (or very nearly), but balk at a game having a whopping ten, to celebrate their decade mark.

They weren't. And they are duplicates, all 25. Just like the Forza Team Cars.
No they bloomin well aren't. They don't try to boost the car count, or pretend to be a completely new model, they're just special editions of some existing cars created by the developers for the players.

@SlipZtrEm im ok with the cars because they are free for all preorders and they're just something to celebrate 10 years of forza

Duplicates would mean you have multiple to select when buying, which would not be the case here as these are going to be obtained via a free pack. I think they are labeled on the actual list just to show that its going to be a car pack and that they wont be part of the final count. If not, atleast its free.

Duplicate typically means cars counted as different but vary only by trim, year, edition etc. Basically very small changes/differences that don't really matter and perhaps do not suffice to be present as a separate model.

Duplicate typically means cars counted as different but vary only by trim, year, edition etc. Basically very small changes/differences that don't really matter and perhaps do not suffice to be present as a separate model.
Was that to me? I know that, hence "multiple to select."

Yes because a digital pre order bundle means that those who pre order a hard copy or by either edition after release get it.

where did I say anything about getting the game for free

I think you need to head here http://specsavers.com.au
I wouldn't rule out that it's not going to be in shipped copies. T10 havent said no to the fact yet. I'm also confused as to what your problem isw ith it as the non liveried cars are ing ame anyways?

Yes because a digital pre order bundle means that those who pre order a hard copy or by either edition after release get it.

where did I say anything about getting the game for free

I think you need to head here http://specsavers.com.au
Thanks for that, some nice glasses over there :cool:

The pack doesn't add any cost on as it comes with the standard edition of the game anyway btw

The problem for me is that it's ~exclusive~ content that is literally tuned and painted cars, something we can do ourselves in game.

My bad on assuming it was DLC. I saw "car pack" and assumed it was day 1 dlc. I am aware T10 did it with 5, but it wasn't pushed as a pack

The problem for me is that it's ~exclusive~ content that is literally tuned and painted cars, something we can do ourselves in game.

My bad on assuming it was DLC. I saw "car pack" and assumed it was day 1 dlc. I am aware T10 did it with 5, but it wasn't pushed as a pack
best to think of these cars as presets from the devs

I am disappointed about one thing. They went and made some fake Forza Team cars. Someone ate the Polyphony book on adding duplicates now, didn't they...
(I know about the three blatant duplicates in FH2 (the G-Shock 370Z, the FF Supra, the Cheetos F-150) but this is a bit more extreme).
Oh no, 10 of the cars have 1 duplicate that's a different livery & slightly tuned. Where as PD did this:

-Skyline GT-R (R34) '99
-Skyline GT-R (R34) '00
-Skyline GT-R M-Spec (R34) '01
-Skyline GT-R M-Spec Nur (R34) '02
-Skyline GT-R Midnight Purple III (R34) '00
-Skyline GT-R V-Spec (R34) '99
-Skyline GT-R V-Spec II (R34) '00
-Skyline GT-R V-Spec II N1 (R34) '00
-Skyline GT-R V-Spec II Nur (R34) '00
-Skyline GT-R V-Spec N1 (R34) '99

Are there differences between these? Sure.
The M-Spec cars have 'special "Ripple control" dampers, revised suspension set up, stiffer rear sway bar and a leather interior with heated front seats.'
The V-Spec cars have "ATTESA E-TS Pro system and an Active LSD at the rear, firmer suspension and lower ground clearance, thanks to front and side splitters, as well as a rear carbon fiber air diffuser".
The V-Spec II cars have"increased stiffness in the suspension, a carbon fiber hood equipped with a NACA duct, an iridium center console and aluminum pedals, & seats were upholstered with black cloth rather than the gray cloth."
The N1 cars have the N1 engine & delete "without air conditioning, audio equipment, rear wiper, or trunk lining".
The Nur cars have "an improved RB26DETT based on the N1 racing engine" with "the standard turbochargers were upgraded to larger versions with a slight increase in boost and the ceramic blades were replaced with steel versions". There was different interior stitching & gold valve covers instead of red.

Are they significantly different or noticeable in the game? Not even close. The differences are mainly either in the interior, or underneath the car. All of these are Standards, so all the interior differences are irrelevant because they can't be seen. And I doubt PD took the time to simulate how the dampers & revised suspension of the M-Spec, or the N1's different engine, or the Nur's larger turbos affect the cars compared to one another. Meaning, all 10 of these likely offer no real gains over one another on the track in-game.

Actually, 11. Because the V-Spec II Nur R34 needed a Standard & Premium version.

And then there's gems like these.
-S2000 '99
-S2000 (EU) '99
-S2000 (US) '99

That's 3 versions of the same car that are "different" based on region. The S2000 '01 also has the same 3 "variants". The S2000 '03 only has a 2nd EU model. The S2000 Type-V '00 also has 3 region-specific cars. Annnnd the Type-V '01. There is also a Type-V '03, but I guess it was never sold in EU or US.

But that's literally 8 regular & 7 Type-V's. Of the AP1. In what way is 15 AP1s needed? What the hell happened in 2001 that we need 3 Type-Vs from it & the previous year resulting 6 cars!? :dunce:

Then I would be unhappy. It isn't as good as you think it is, although 450 cars solves the problem a lot better than 320 does.
How can you guys even attempt to comment on how good the list is ?We only barely know just 1/4 of the car list. :odd:

Last edited:
I am disappointed about one thing. They went and made some fake Forza Team cars. Someone ate the Polyphony book on adding duplicates now, didn't they...
(I know about the three blatant duplicates in FH2 (the G-Shock 370Z, the FF Supra, the Cheetos F-150) but this is a bit more extreme).
The only one in your post that makes sense is the Supra. The others being gifted cars with liveries that they gave away, you know, like theyve been doing in special events for years now?

Yeah, it doesn't matter personally to me because I'm not going to pre order FM6, it's just another one of the things that frustrate me about the franchise in general.

Yeah, it doesn't matter personally to me because I'm not going to pre order FM6, it's just another one of the things that frustrate me about the franchise in general.
It doesnt seem like a problem at all though, to me atleast. They are basically giving a little boost to the people who support them. If these cars were restricted from game, you'd have a point.

The G-Shock and Cheetos are actually separate cars according to photo mode. Unlike for example the C63 and Quattro they gave out.

The G-Shock and Cheetos are actually separate cars according to photo mode. Unlike for example the C63 and Quattro they gave out.
Thats the thing though, they aren't. They are a liveried car, that is available in game. Because the Gotta Catch Em All photomode game isolated them for promtional purposes, is irrelevant.

Sigh.... So I take it you retract your earlier statement of...
So here are my points:
1. Despite having deferred rendering PCars has not been able to achieve 1080p/60fps on Xbox One like Forza5/6 have.
2. It's not using PBR which in itself requires significant performance.
3. Track detail in PCars is not what I'd consider up to nextgen standard, they range from awful to decent. Comparison videos reveal that it's not a big departure from Shift 2 and chances are they're ported with minor alterations. The track detail is orders of magnitude higher in FM5/6.
4. Car lods in-game are lower in PCars than in FM5. Whilst in FM5 you can see the differential actually spinning on your cars and even AI cars, PCars reveals that these animations aren't present. They're on PC but not on consoles.

Well, I know that I'm preordering this game; the night courses, peformance games, and new race tracks already had me sold on it. Seriously, this is sort of what I expected from a Forza game once Turn 10 has some time to get some traction on the Xbone.

Though, I really have to say that I'm surprised that there's actually complaints about the pre-order, special edition cars. I mean, I get they are a bit of filler, but c'mon; they're just there for players faithful to the series and I'm not too bothered by it. I mean, after having to deal with 2 GT games with a bunch of R34 Skyline GT-Rs or multi-region miatas with little to no differences between them; a few measly special edition cars just seem like nothing to be bothered about.

Last edited:
If you're an import fan you're in a funny place. GT6 etc. has simplified models for the R34 and Supras and most of the older classics.

I dont know why they dont care but its clear they can because the Mines R34 is perfect.

That said the models for the Forza Japanese imports arent great either. I'm betting they recycle the for F6...

If you're an import fan you're in a funny place. GT6 etc. has simplified models for the R34 and Supras and most of the older classics.
um, what?

If you were referring to my comment; it had nothing to do with wanting more japanese cars in Forza. I was commenting about being surprised at people complaining about a few "special edition" cars being included in the car list shown. I was using the duplicate cars from GT6 to help make my point that they should be nothing to sweat about.

Last edited:
The R34 is premium. The Supra RZ isn't however the '88 is. There are three premium RX-7's, two NSX's, a premium NA miata (and about twenty semi-premiums with some easteregg features). The Civic '97 and Integra '04 (and the racing versions of every car listed here except the '88 Supra has a premium racing version of some description).

Wait, so we are complaining about a free car pack, that comes with all versions of the game, cause it's apparently boosting the car number count? Jesus

Firstly, the game has been advertising 450 cars on disc at launch and as far as I'm aware, this 10 year anniversary pack is not on disc as its a day-one free dlc for everybody who pre-orders phyiscally or digitally. So these 10 cars that are "boosting the car count" are not even affecting the advertised 450 cars at launch. Even if they are apart of the 450, I don't see what is there to complain about. They are their to celebrate 10 years of Forza!

Also, from what it sounds like, this game will have a very diverse car list, and have plenty of surprises left to come. We've only got 100ish cars out of 450+. Lets wait and see before we judge "boosting the car count" on Turn 10 of all people.

True. Also I think that the person doing the TTS is different (and far superior) to the guy in the Ford GT. The guy in the GT can't catch a 1.7 tonne car around corners.

Back