Xbox Japan: "Forza 6 includes weather, night racing, 450 cars"

• Thread starter G.T.Ace
  • 1,289 comments
So? They have both.

Wow, two pages since this morning.

My point is, pit interaction would be data well used as opposed to animating inanimate objects such as tyre barriers. I reposted that GT5 video of the Super GT cars pit stops in a demo. Watching the pit crew full animation and the business in pit lane is what F6 seems capable of. I'll take that over crashing into tyres.

Wow, two pages since this morning.

My point is, pit interaction would be data well used as opposed to animating inanimate objects such as tyre barriers. I reposted that GT5 video of the Super GT cars pit stops in a demo. Watching the pit crew full animation and the business in pit lane is what F6 seems capable of. I'll take that over crashing into tyres.
And I'll take stuff that really affects racing, like dynamic track conditions over both those 'gimmicks' every day of the week :D

Not if you at release day can find the game for 10 bucks cheaper but already have the preorder.
Personally I'm preordering for the early access which no amount of release day discounting can buy.

Because we all know money in = quality out :P
So less money = higher quality? SMS do some things better than T10 (eg implementation of race rules and tougher AI difficulty) but consistency of frame rate and overall reliability don't seem to be amongst them. Different companies, different priorities and there's room for both.

Last edited:
That's a great question. On top of that, I see a car traveling at over 100 MPH smack into a wall as if it was nothing. But hey, the tires along the barricade flew in the air, right? :rolleyes:

Now while I fully expect someone to chime in with "but simulation damage was off", let me stop you right now. I fully believe that if the crash physics were all that, T10 would be showing it off in sublime manner.
I would just about guarantee the simulation damage was indeed off. If you do that in ANY Forza game with FULL simulation and visual damage, your game is instantly over. If you are lucky enough to maybe be able to back up, you will have a SEVERELY damaged car with many broken components. Making it a very long painful race at about 20mph. That's if you are lucky. If you are using a manual with clutch, you are very unlikely to successfully move fast enough to shift to 2nd gear since the transmission, engine, and clutch will be broken along with all the suspension components and steering components.

If you actually think the simulation damage was on in that video then you have NEVER played a Forza game. That video did not even have cosmetic turned damage on.

Here is an example of F5 simulation damage enabled and cosmetic damage since you have not played the Forza series yet. Yes visually the damage could look better, but you cant deny that when you crash at 100mph, you are done in Forza with simulation damage on.

Last edited:
Driving on teflon you would lose grip instantly but that's nothing like aquaplaning either ;)
Aquaplaning is given by a liquid that forms a space between the tire and asphalt regardless of whether it is water or oil i think

Aquaplaning is given by a liquid that forms a space between the tire and asphalt regardless of whether it is water or oil i think
So any time there is any water on a road surface aquaplaning happens? ;)

No it doesn't, it only happens if there is enough liquid to create that layer on top of the asphalt. Wet, oily, teflon surfaces can still cause a huge loss of grip without aquaplaning occurring by changing the coefficient of friction of the surface being driven on. So modelling how much grip a surface has because it is wet or oily is completely different to modelling aquaplaning.

Yeah, it doesn't matter personally to me because I'm not going to pre order FM6, it's just another one of the things that frustrate me about the franchise in general.
Odds are the Team Forza liveries will be recreated in the game and on whatever form the marketplace comes in within a week. If you're really this upset about not being able to get a certain vinyl and slight tune(because that's all the Team Forza cars seem to be) in a game with such a heavy focus on vinyls and tuning, I don't know what else I can say.

In oil you loose the grip instantly and aquaplaning it's the same

Nope.

Aquaplaining isn't just riding on top the water, but pushing through it. Just because the tires aren't displacing water quickly enough to maintain contact with the ground doesn't mean the car just slides across the surface. A not insignificant amount of the tire is still beneath the waters surface, and depending on your tread and weight balance of your car, you tires can come to act as rudders. And there's a reason you never see boats with rudders at the front.

At lower speeds hydroplaning is scary, but if you're careful and you have decent tires it's easy to recover from. I've experienced it at highway speeds and it's one of those things that leaves you shaking for a few hours. But when you're moving 120mph the physics of cars become much different, and the physics of water even more so. At those speeds, unless your quick to react - lightening up on the throttle but not releasing it(your tires are effectively pumps, so stopping them entirely will make things worse), staying off the brakes(your front brakes will usually lock first, and the back end of your car may disagree with the whole "stopping" thing and decide to take the lead), and focus your steering efforts on keeping the car pointed the way it's moving - you're gonna end up sideways beside the track, or burried in the runoff outside the corner.

Last edited:

That is a great video! The water driving reminds me SOOOO much of PGR4 in a good way. Especially when they hydroplaned through the water puddles. Clearly effecting the physics. Its about dang time. Very happy to see that. ANd Rio is beautiful! :drool:

I will be pre-ordering this over the weekend.

Can't decide between deluxe and ultimate. Ultimate may work out cheaper but might not overall. And the box is (even) uglier than the Deluxe box... (I like the standard box).

Can't decide between deluxe and ultimate. Ultimate may work out cheaper but might not overall. And the box is (even) uglier than the Deluxe box... (I like the standard box).
I am trying to decide the same thing and from what I have heard, some people are having a hard time finding the Ultimate edition for pre-order.

Well, it's to be expected with its early access perk. :lol:
Yeah no kidding. Unfortunately that is ONLY for digital download. I want the disc.

If you pre-order from Gamestop you get the 2015 Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat! :D

Australia doesn't have Gamestop :(
Also something I don't get. Most of the cars on FM6 (like the Hellcat) would be more fun on FH2. So why don't they put them on then?

Australia doesn't have Gamestop :(
Also something I don't get. Most of the cars on FM6 (like the Hellcat) would be more fun on FH2. So why don't they put them on then?
You never know. They could add them later. Playground Games has been doing an amazing job supporting FH2. Way better than T10 ever has with their Forza games.

Back