Xbox Japan: "Forza 6 includes weather, night racing, 450 cars"

• Thread starter G.T.Ace
  • 1,289 comments
So then I'm not exactly sure why you brought up being in Australia is a valid reason for him complaining about the price. If that was the case then it would be all the norm, and that what he bought and the price he paid was because of him wanting extra, not anyone else's fault, game publisher or otherwise.

You're reading way to far into this, and are you looking for an argument or something? I bought up him being in Australia because by your comments you didn't seem to realise that's where he was as you didn't understand why he spent so much, I only said its on possible reason why things are priced different. Most Australians feel that they pay a higher price for things than what people in other countries do, which isn't helped by the fact that products uniqe to australia are cheap by comparison This is a long and complex topic that I'm not going into because I only have a basic understanding of the economic principles being and I really don't care all that much either.

You're reading way to far into this, and are you looking for an argument or something?
No, I'm looking for insight on the subject at hand. What's the problem with that? If you dont want to discuss it and are offended for some odd reason, just don't reply. I'm not sure why you're getting hostile for.

I bought up him being in Australia because by your comments you didn't seem to realise that's where he was as you didn't understand why he spent so much
For which you said, "Because Australia." Which you seemed to retract somewhat when you say that the price from Australia is relevant to the price we pay in America because the value of your dollar is higher then our dollar.

I only said its on possible reason why things are priced different. Most Australians feel that they pay a higher price for things than what people in other countries do, which isn't helped by the fact that products uniqe to australia are cheap by comparison
This is why I'm asking questions, because you said one thing, but ment another. If the prices even out in relevance to the value of our nations dollar, then what you posted:

He's paying that much because he's from Australia, a new game here is $100 ($77 USD). FM5 season pass was $60 AUD iirc.
Is not the reason he's spending so much, but more so that the options he chose.

This is a long and complex topic that I'm not going into because I only have a basic understanding of the economic principles being and I really don't care all that much either.
Fine with me, just a bit confusing really that you replied if you didnt have much of an understanding, and don't feel like discussing it.

Weird, I'm paying $60 for mine, but if I opt for the more expensive bundles, then thats no one's fault other then myself. Still, they are a plenty good deal for what they come with. Why are you paying so much?

You got one free car from each DLC pack, you got the Fast and Furious Add on for free(if you got it within the large window they had), The launch bonus car pack is free. On Forza Motorsport 5, we also got a free car for each and every DLC pack, we got the free Honda Legends pack, We got two free Tracks, free Rolls Royce, the Infiniti Q50 and Eau Rouge for free, the Vauxhaul Astra 1.6 Techline for free, Mustang GT for free, and the Renault E-Tron as well. So I'm not exactly sure where you're coming from with that statement.

Wait, they were free? I thought it was paid DLC for those.

People need to get over the DLC thing. It's here to stay unless enough people stop buying it. If they do there is obviously a demand for it and businesses would be mad not to tap into it. If you don't like it don't buy it. You still have the 50 quid game you paid for, so pretend the DLC doesn't exist and you are no worse off.

I agree... DLC to me, is a good thing. In most cases it has extended my gaming time with the titles I love all the while I financially support those that provide joy to me with the hobby I love. Plus, if there is a DLC that I don't want or feel is worth my money, I move on... simple as that.

As long as there already a lot of new content in the vanilla game then it's fair.
Except it's not. The DLC packs are literally asking for $1 a car; 10 cars, $10.

That's a fair price to ask from the devs than thinking they should start working for free just because they couldn't include all the content initially.

Except it's not. The DLC packs are literally asking for $1 a car; 10 cars, $10.

That's a fair price to ask from the devs than thinking they should start working for free just because they couldn't include all the content initially.
I'm confused. Which bit of my statement did you find unfair?

So you think the developers should just give away 60-100 cars (6-10 months worth of DLC) for free?

As long as there already a lot of new content in the vanilla game then it's fair.
From the quotes, it seems like thats what you implied. It sounds as if your saying that its fair to give away the cars for free as long as there is enough content on Vanilla.

From the quotes, it seems like thats what you implied. It sounds as if your saying that its fair to give away the cars for free as long as there is enough content on Vanilla.
So you think there should be no new content at all from the start?

So you think there should be no new content?
I have no idea how you got that from what I said, really.

Either way, I'll reply to what you just asked. My stance on DLC is that I'm fine with paid dlc, as long as its not Day one DLC.

I have no idea how you got that from what I said, really.
I think I see the confusion

I meant payed DLC is fair as long as there is a fair amount of content in the game from the start that doesn't require additional payment.

But you now see what I meant though?
I see what you're saying, but I dont agree, and still stand by how I feel about DLC. It is always welcome(and fair, but fair is up to the individual to decide, and is a case by case basis.) in any case, as long as its not day one DLC, and that it wasn't held then I'm pretty fine with DLC in general.

Wet driving doesnt appear too difficult in the demo. The spray from the cars is not as intense as in GT6. On the same note, I wonder if the effects will differ at higher speeds with race cars making rooster tails.

I see what you're saying, but I dont agree, and still stand by how I feel about DLC. It is always welcome(and fair, but fair is up to the individual to decide, and is a case by case basis.) in any case, as long as its not day one DLC, and that it wasn't held then I'm pretty fine with DLC in general.
I only find it welcome if the game actually has sufficient new features/ content in the beginning. But thats pretty much all games that release, so no problem.

Wet driving doesnt appear too difficult in the demo. The spray from the cars is not as intense as in GT6. On the same note, I wonder if the effects will differ at higher speeds with race cars making rooster tails.
Any noticeable aids on? I haven't really payed attention.

Any noticeable aids on? I haven't really payed attention.

I haven't noticed. also don't know if the tyres are full wets or radials or intermediates. It is good that the surface differs by going offline. So you pretty much have to stick to the racing line and think about overtaking at the right spots.

Back