Xbox Japan: "Forza 6 includes weather, night racing, 450 cars"

• Thread starter G.T.Ace
  • 1,289 comments
PD leaves out fast. (although they are only a year slower than Turn 10). EA leaves out good.
They're not a year slower on average when you count the five year gap between 4 and 5 but I appreciate they're trying to get things back on track to only releasing games every three years. Like their frame rates though this keeps slipping and the latest estimate for GT7 puts it four years behind GT6.

http://www.realtytoday.com/articles...ay-release-date-former-microsoft-employee.htm

Virtually or practically?

PD might have a big enough budget, but that doesn't mean they have enough man power to get the games finished fast.
With a big enough budget you can hire more people if you want. That'd be the practical solution I would've thought.

Last edited:
I would just about guarantee the simulation damage was indeed off. If you do that in ANY Forza game with FULL simulation and visual damage, your game is instantly over. If you are lucky enough to maybe be able to back up, you will have a SEVERELY damaged car with many broken components. Making it a very long painful race at about 20mph. That's if you are lucky. If you are using a manual with clutch, you are very unlikely to successfully move fast enough to shift to 2nd gear since the transmission, engine, and clutch will be broken along with all the suspension components and steering components.

If you actually think the simulation damage was on in that video then you have NEVER played a Forza game. That video did not even have cosmetic turned damage on.

Here is an example of F5 simulation damage enabled and cosmetic damage since you have not played the Forza series yet. Yes visually the damage could look better, but you cant deny that when you crash at 100mph, you are done in Forza with simulation damage on.

I should have clarified how I was still displeased with the visual damage, so my apologies. With that said, I didn't find it necessary for you to state that I haven't played a FM game before. That was quite an assumption on your part, especially when you do not know who I am. Need I remind you about what happens when you assume?

The only FM6 video I have seen where that GT takes damage is in the windows. If there is something out there that shows things turned on, please, by all means link it.

I have played all of the Forza games, and yes, I am aware what simulation damage does to car from not only a mechanical standpoint but a visual one as well. Just because T10 has a representation of it, am I just supposed to be content? No. That video you posted of the Nissan slamming into a barricade at 115 +/- MPH only to see it limp off is something I am supposed to be happy with? Not hardly. The car's body is still in remarkable shape for what just happens.

I completely understand that game development represents a series of tradeoffs and as I mentioned in a prior post in this thread, I just haven't been pleased with console developed racing game. Project Cars comes close, but I am not a fan of several things there!

So here are my points:
1. Despite having deferred rendering PCars has not been able to achieve 1080p/60fps on Xbox One like Forza5/6 have.
One game has a 24 hour time progression and variable weather whilst the other is static. Forza also skips the z-prepass so it does not have to render the scene twice (information from a guy who worked with forward+ on a big exclusive title called The Order 1886) and gets away with this by clustering the lights. Something which is not gonna cut it if you make that sun go across the sky, 100's of dynamic lights switch on and so on. I could go on but I sense you're being intentionally ignorant to try and save face.

2. It's not using PBR which in itself requires significant performance.
Nice buzz word. More bull **** though. There is no significant impact on performance at all, It's just computing light in a different way using equations that are more accurate. That information comes from a guy working on the CryEngine.

3. Track detail in PCars is not what I'd consider up to nextgen standard, they range from awful to decent. Comparison videos reveal that it's not a big departure from Shift 2 and chances are they're ported with minor alterations. The track detail is orders of magnitude higher in FM5/6.
Irrelevant to the discussion.

4. Car lods in-game are lower in PCars than in FM5. Whilst in FM5 you can see the differential actually spinning on your cars and even AI cars, PCars reveals that these animations aren't present. They're on PC but not on consoles.
Irrelevant to the discussion.

Actually, none of your points were relevant to the point I was making when I look back. Well done! :lol:

I have played all of the Forza games, and yes, I am aware what simulation damage does to car from not only a mechanical standpoint but a visual one as well. Just because T10 has a representation of it, am I just supposed to be content? No. That video you posted of the Nissan slamming into a barricade at 115 +/- MPH only to see it limp off is something I am supposed to be happy with? Not hardly. The car's body is still in remarkable shape for what just happens.
What were you expecting then? It to crumple?

Good luck finding a racing game that'll go that far on any platform with licensed cars.

Has anything been said about sound improvements?

Coming from R3E and such, Forza (although better than GT) still sounds quite sterile and synthetic. Externals (replay) often sounds like an exhaust on wheels in and empty barrel.

Quick comparison from me.
getphotocosdk.jpg

ford_mustang-gtbbrwq.jpg

Seems like the lighting and some tracks assets are a bit improved.

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting vid comparing the two new features in FM6 to PCars.

My immediate impressions are headlights on the track look excellent in FM6 better than PCars, raindrops on the windscreen in FM6 look better. The spray in FM6 is a bit lame but the spray in PCars is absolutely fantastic. FM6 still seems to be lacking in the sound department. However, all in all what a fantastic time to be a gamer.

Menus look sleek as hell. Looking great. BADNED said not to look into the images as they're placeholders, but the structure/names will remain the same.

Yay Volvo! I'm gonna have to get myself an Xbone now...

And also, this might have been covered but I haven't seen it in the last few pages, the "demo" that's been shown at E3 has daytime rain and night-time driving in the dry, I am assuming it will have both day and night time wet conditions?

I do believe FH2 does so, correct?

http://www.kotaku.com.au/2015/06/forza-6-test-driven-by-a-total-driving-noob/

According to this the triple screen setup at E3 was running on 3 "hacked" xbones. I wonder if they plan to release this option in the future.
I think either FM4 or FM5 was shown at E3 on 3 hacked Xboxes as well, but I'm not sure if it ever made it to public release as I remember quite a few folks asking what was required.
Menus look sleek as hell. Looking great. BADNED said not to look into the images as they're placeholders, but the structure/names will remain the same.
Yeah, I remember him saying this for FM5 as well. Otherwise, looks like the LP640 Coupe returns alongside the LP670-4 SV. I'm wondering if that answers some folks' concern (@SlipZtrEm's maybe?) about T10 including both the latest versions & "base" versions.

Back