Xbox Japan: "Forza 6 includes weather, night racing, 450 cars"

• Thread starter G.T.Ace
  • 1,289 comments
And while that is good and all, I am weary of buying game "A" for this feature, and game "B" for this component only to be left to crossing my fingers for the solution in the inevitable sequel.

That's a great question. On top of that, I see a car traveling at over 100 MPH smack into a wall as if it was nothing. But hey, the tires along the barricade flew in the air, right? :rolleyes:

Now while I fully expect someone to chime in with "but simulation damage was off", let me stop you right now. I fully believe that if the crash physics were all that, T10 would be showing it off in sublime manner.
Damage was off. You can turn off and on any combination of assists or damage.

I have to say that forza6 looks really good, a realistic wheel animation, the ability to tweak the fov and maybe turn of the wheel and the driver and then I am sold.

Uh, is that Mercedes in the picture one of those V8 Supercar Mercs?

Why yes, yes it is! Dan also confirmed today Mark Skaife will be hosting some of the showcase events, so I assume there will be a good partnership with the Aussie V8s

Thank you, Jesus!!! I need a fainting gif or something! Hallelujah! My prayers have been answered. I dont know how Gran Turismo is going to get my money if they can't do better.

AND as that is the 2013 Maro Engel car, its going to sound like this. :D

Last edited:
large.gif

Why yes, yes it is! Dan also confirmed today Mark Skaife will be hosting some of the showcase events, so I assume there will be a good partnership with the Aussie V8s
Ohhhh, I see. That's cool then! 👍

-----

Anyway; V8 Supercars got me into thinking; I really hope Turn 10 adds more Aussie Muscle cars. I mean, aside from a couple; I haven't seen that many in the recent games. Really, I would love to see more Falcons and Commodores brought to the series along with some Aussie utes.

Oh and Turn 10 really should update their Ruf lineup.

Yay Volvo! I'm gonna have to get myself an Xbone now...

And also, this might have been covered but I haven't seen it in the last few pages, the "demo" that's been shown at E3 has daytime rain and night-time driving in the dry, I am assuming it will have both day and night time wet conditions?

I do believe FH2 does so, correct?
Pretty sure it's been confirmed that it will be wet or night but not both together.

All 450+ cars available on disc.. over 20 race locations.. night and weather at 60 fps...

I think I'm going to faint when I first launch this game. :dopey: :crazy:
The 450 cars thing isn't really that surprising as it mostly consists mostly of all the dlc from 5 and H2. Here's hoping to another fantastic round of DLCs in fm6.

The 450 cars thing isn't really that surprising as it mostly consists mostly of all the dlc from 5 and H2. Here's hoping to another fantastic round of DLCs in fm6.

I'd most definitely cross my fingers for the Lykan Hypersport (seriously, we needed it in Horizon 2!), the Koenigsegg One:1, the Toyota TS040, the Porsche 919, and the BAC Mono.

Actually, here's to NO paid DLC in Forza. System needs to be abolished already. It's silly.

$60 means the entire game. If devs want to release stuff later, why can't we just call it a game update? WHY must we pay for it?

Actually, here's to NO paid DLC in Forza. System needs to be abolished already. It's silly.

$60 means the entire game. If devs want to release stuff later, why can't we just call it a game update? WHY must we pay for it?
Because brand new content not even ready for release. You're saying that 450 cars is not enough to pay $60 in the first place?

People need to get over the DLC thing. It's here to stay unless enough people stop buying it. If they do there is obviously a demand for it and businesses would be mad not to tap into it. If you don't like it don't buy it. You still have the 50 quid game you paid for, so pretend the DLC doesn't exist and you are no worse off.

At $151 for the full game in Australia, I think I have already paid enough. It gave Dad the biggest "wat" moment since he heard how fast the 918 accelerates (2.2 seconds). I do like PD's system of avoiding transactions once you bought the game.

At $151 for the full game in Australia, I think I have already paid enough. It gave Dad the biggest "wat" moment since he heard how fast the 918 accelerates (2.2 seconds). I do like PD's system of avoiding transactions once you bought the game.
What you have to remember is that Forza Motorsport has always gave away so much free DLC through all of their games. I would be willing to say that the amount of free content they give away is as much as what PD does, they just also offer paid DLC as well. They are doing a far better job at supporting their game.

I just never understand why people feel so entitled to get extra content for free. Someone put some hardwork into this, and to expect to get no income from it would be a bit sad for them no?

I got exactly 7 cars from Playground for free.
Also $151 is STUPID for a video game. I can buy an Xbox and PS2 for that money... and still have left over for games. (not saying I would do that, just pointing out the unfairness).

Because it takes work? You know they have to pay these people, right? What if somebody gave away something that you've worked on for 6 months and gave you the middle finger in return? I look at DLC as an early access to what's gonna be in the next game by default.

I got exactly 7 cars from Playground for free.
Also $151 is STUPID for a video game. I can buy an Xbox and PS2 for that money... and still have left over for games. (not saying I would do that, just pointing out the unfairness).
Weird, I'm paying $60 for mine, but if I opt for the more expensive bundles, then thats no one's fault other then myself. Still, they are a plenty good deal for what they come with. Why are you paying so much?

You got one free car from each DLC pack, you got the Fast and Furious Add on for free(if you got it within the large window they had), The launch bonus car pack is free. On Forza Motorsport 5, we also got a free car for each and every DLC pack, we got the free Honda Legends pack, We got two free Tracks, free Rolls Royce, the Infiniti Q50 and Eau Rouge for free, the Vauxhaul Astra 1.6 Techline for free, Mustang GT for free, and the Renault E-Tron as well. So I'm not exactly sure where you're coming from with that statement.

Last edited:
Weird, I'm paying $60 for mine, but if I opt for the more expensive bundles, then thats no one's fault other then myself. Still, they are a plenty good deal for what they come with. Why are you paying so much?

You got one free car from each DLC pack, you got the Fast and Furious Add on for free(if you got it within the large window they had), The launch bonus car pack is free. On Forza Motorsport 5, we also got a free car for each and every DLC pack, we got the free Honda Legends pack, We got two free Tracks, free Rolls Royce, the Infiniti Q50 and Eau Rouge for free, the Vauxhaul Astra 1.6 Techline for free, Mustang GT for free, and the Renault E-Tron as well. So I'm not exactly sure where you're coming from with that statement.

He's paying that much because he's from Australia, a new game here is $100 ($77 USD). FM5 season pass was $60 AUD iirc.

EDIT: On the topic of people getting angry about paying for DLC. It's quite obvious these days that devs hold back content at release to release later as DLC (Destiny anyone). I'm not so conviced that T10 does this for every piece of DLC content, however, as a lot of DLC content is generally new model cars, not always, but theres enough obviously recent content there

Last edited:
I know many people like to pretend that Driveclub somehow doesn't qualify as a racing game but in terms of value nothing has came close to the Season Pass that Evolution came up with and I'd like other developers to try and go down the same route. £20 for an obscene amount of content that is completely new and put in based on customer feedback(Something T10 also partake in, thankfully).

He's paying that much because he's from Australia, a new game here is $100 ($77 USD). FM5 season pass was $60 AUD iirc.

EDIT: On the topic of people getting angry about paying for DLC. It's quite obvious these days that devs hold back content at release to release later as DLC (Destiny anyone). I'm not so conviced that T10 does this for every piece of DLC content, however, as a lot of DLC content is generally new model cars, not always, but theres enough obviously recent content there
Then I suppose he should be upset with Australia, not the publishers.

Technically its the publishers that set the price for Australia, not the country itself. You can usually find games for $80-$90 AUD 2-3 weeks after release though. Especially third party games

Technically its the publishers that set the price for Australia, not the country itself. You can usually find games for $80-$90 AUD 2-3 weeks after release though. Especially third party games
Here's a pretty good article concerning the subject.

Here's a pretty good article concerning the subject.

That article doesn't really explain all that much, or offer up any solid reasons.

One reason that video games are price more in Australia could be purchasing power parity. In Australia wages are quite high, especially compared to the rest of the world (I'm working a supermarket job PPT earning $21.60 an hour, the casual rate at my store is <$25 ph) So essentially when you're living and working in Australia $100 will go the same distance as what $60 in the US would. A very vague example there, so whilst things in Australia may seem expensive compared to the rest of the world (especially when 1 AUD was worth more then 1 USD) things are relative.

That article doesn't really explain all that much, or offer up any solid reasons.

One reason that video games are price more in Australia could be purchasing power parity. In Australia wages are quite high, especially compared to the rest of the world (I'm working a supermarket job PPT earning $21.60 an hour, the casual rate at my store is <$25 ph) So essentially when you're living and working in Australia $100 will go the same distance as what $60 in the US would. A very vague example there, so whilst things in Australia may seem expensive compared to the rest of the world (especially when 1 AUD was worth more then 1 USD) things are relative.
So then I'm not exactly sure why you brought up being in Australia is a valid reason for him complaining about the price. If that was the case then it would be all the norm, and that what he bought and the price he paid was because of him wanting extra, not anyone else's fault, game publisher or otherwise.

So you think the developers should just give away 60-100 cars (6-10 months worth of DLC) for free?

Back