Xbox Japan: "Forza 6 includes weather, night racing, 450 cars"

• Thread starter G.T.Ace
  • 1,289 comments
I'd still argue that a car reacting wildly shouldn't look like it floats on the ground, which is something I think characterizes the FM5 gameplay videos I have watched.
I can't say that I've noticed this, to be honest. I'll have a look at some videos and try to see.

Looking through one video I think I can pinpoint what you may be talking about. As I was noticing when a car would oversteer, it would look very odd because of the lack of smoke effects in FM5. Other then that I'm not exactly sure what else you can be talking about.

Last edited:
I'd still argue that a car reacting wildly shouldn't look like it floats on the ground, which is something I think characterizes the FM5 gameplay videos I have watched.
Any floating cars you see online in Forza is 99.9% someone with a bad connection. Especially since this series has been running on dedicated servers for a very long time.

Last edited:
Any floating cars you see in Forza is 99.9% someone with a bad connection.
I think you may be thinking too literal, as most gameplay videos shown are usually offline.

You're right that first-hand experiences is a precondition for accurate judgement, but is there no truth to what I said FM6 looking / being more grippy than FM5? By comparing gameplay videos between the two games, I just get the impression that FM6 has improved grip in the same way GT6 improved it from GT5. Movement looks realistically glued to the surface in FM6.
It would be hard to say if grip has improved as we wouldn't be able to tell from the new Ford GT as it isn't in game. We would have to use to exact cars to see if anything has changed. Grip levels will vary from car to car, so it can very well just be a car's characteristics that are different, rather then the game.

I think you may be thinking too literal, as most gameplay videos shown are usually offline.
Oh well maybe? I guess it depends on what he meant. We just had a discussion similar to this the other day when someone mentioned floating or hovering cars that shot up to the sky. That is for sure some one with a poor connection.

Maybe this is something different. Just sounded like the same complaint. A posted video would clear up the confusion.

Oh well maybe? I guess it depends on what he meant. We just had a discussion similar to this the other day when someone mentioned floating or hovering cars that shot up to the sky. That is for sure some one with a poor connection.

Maybe this is something different. Just sounded like the same complaint. A posted video would clear up the confusion.
Oh yeah, that would most definitely be a connection issue.

I'm thinking what he's saying is that the cars look "light" on the road and don't really have a connection between tires and the floor. In some instances it can look like that in replays because of the lack of tire smoke emitting form the tires as the car goes sliding.

I can't say that I've noticed this, to be honest. I'll have a look at some videos and try to see.

Looking through one video I think I can pinpoint what you may be talking about. As I was noticing when a car would oversteer, it would look very odd because of the lack of smoke effects in FM5. Other then that I'm not exactly sure what else you can be talking about.

It would be hard to say if grip has improved as we wouldn't be able to tell from the new Ford GT as it isn't in game. We would have to use to exact cars to see if anything has changed. Grip levels will vary from car to car, so it can very well just be a car's characteristics that are different, rather then the game.

I should probably add that I'm comparing videos where interior view is being used. For example, take a look at how this Ferrari 250 GTO looks naturally tied to its path, also when weight transfers and traction loosens.

Now watch the same car in FM5 (also the part where interior view is being used). The car seems more floaty in the way it moves around on the track.

Maybe it's partly due to improved interior effects in FM6, but Turn 10 did say they have improved physics for the new game. I think it's noticeable simply by looking at it.

Any floating cars you see online in Forza is 99.9% someone with a bad connection. Especially since this series has been running on dedicated servers for a very long time.

I think that's a different issue.

I should probably add that I'm comparing videos where interior view is being used. For example, take a look at how this Ferrari 250 GTO looks naturally tied to its path, also when weight transfers and traction loosens.

Now watch the same car in FM5 (also the part where interior view is being used). The car seems more floaty in the way it moves around on the track.

Maybe it's partly due to improved interior effects in FM6, but Turn 10 did say they have improved physics for the new game. I think it's noticeable simply by looking at it.

I think that's a different issue.

You could be right to an extent, It seems like body roll isn't as severe in FM6. I'm wondering if that is what is causing it to look less floaty to you. I'm also wondering if that effects physics or if that is just toned down visuals.

It will be a bit of a shame if physics haven't changed. It's just one of the things you expect to improve in the next game in the series.

You could be right to an extent, It seems like body roll isn't as severe in FM6. I'm wondering if that is what is causing it to look less floaty to you. I'm also wondering if that effects physics or if that is just toned down visuals.

It's hard to say but I doubt it. Well, I'm only glad that FM6 looks like a much improved experience. I suppose that's a good start before trying the physics hands on. :)

I'm not talking about snap-overcorrection this time, but the way RWD cars in FM4 and FM5 appear to "pull" themselves by the front wheels almost as if there are little electric motors on the front axles (in both steering modes). It allows RWD cars to move in unnatural ways (evidenced in this FM6 video), particularly at lower speeds. In instances when the car should pivot upon the front axle while the tail swings wide, any input to the steering effectively "pulls" the front end in that direction, resulting in a strafing-like motion. It's not easy to convey what I mean; it's just weird.

It's pretty much unrelated to how sensitive the countersteer is or how easy it is to find the right amount of opposite lock. FM6 could be more or less difficult than FM4/FM5, and I agree with @SlipZtrEm that FM5 is a bit more difficult than FM4. This quirk just bugs me, and T10 could do better with low speed physics.

Hmm, I think you're referring to how the car's sliding, going into oversteer.. while the nose is not gripping properly... and until the car stops sliding you get to turn the wheel more (cockpit view) and then you do get grip. Most noticeable in RWD and AWD.. is that what you're referring to?

I'm sure this doesn't happen on wheels. Fairly certain...

You can bet your gaming pad T10 will fix this at some point. Prolly not in FM6 though if it is indeed carried over as-is from FM5.

On a related note, I much prefer FM5 physics, they feel much more direct and predictable once you learn all the tracks and understand how each car's character responds to oversteer and understeer. Not to mention tuning.

I get what you mean though - T10 do need to improve some aspects.

I'll have to watch the video first.

Forza just needs better grip, even on racing tires the cars are way too loose even at low speeds, I wonder if they changed things up in FM6 and FM5 was a bit retarded because of launch pressure.

I would openly welcome more grip though.. wait for your tires to warm up properly and grip is where it should be. Try different tire pressure settings and suspension set ups.

From playing the show demo, FM6 is quite a lot like FM5, you're correct. I've actually found countersteering harder than in FM4, while it's super-easy in FH2. FM5's feels more realistic to me, getting the right amount of lock on takes time to master.

I drove the 250 GTO a few times because it was the only car I could compare to FM5. It still feels like it has a bus' worth of turning circle, and it responds to smooth inputs far better than jerky, erratic motions. For lack of a better term, it "flows" better.

If you've never played the game, you can't get very much info from a video. The physics are on another level compared to (most) other console games. I'd place them closer to PCARS than GT, though I don't have a serious amount of seat-time with the former, so YMMV. FM4 still does things GT6 doesn't.

They offer a few compounds, generalized ones. Other than a car's stock tires, there are Street, Sport, Race, and Drag. Some cars don't have Street (or even Sport) available to them, because their stock tires are already above those. Dan has already said Rain tires are equipped automatically at wet tracks.

It is more realistic (FM5) and once you get the hang of counter-steering on SIM, it is very VERY rewarding. Almost a nirvana-like experience, especially when you have the sound wayy up in a completely dark room.

Last edited:
forza 5 was a mountain of an achievement, considering it was a day 1 launch xbone game.
and as I perceived it, it much improved feel of cars from forza 4, let alone all other stuff.
so,
for forza 6 they have had pleeenty of time comparing to forza 5, in which they were finalizing game even before OS was finalized lololol

I am very positive, just give me the demo until its the 10th

Last edited:
Could be a good time killer if were still waiting for the demo - IGN's Forza 6 Preview (final build of the game) goes live in about 9-10 hours. Hopefully we see some other websites previews, as well as some new footage!

For anybody hoping to see the lights at Yas Marina, head to about 15:20 in that first video. They don't cast as much light as I'd expect onto the track itself, but they do look impressive.

Now, to teach that player how to drive.

Some FnF cars
And I'm glad to see cars are sorted by manufacturer again, it was such a mess in FM5/H2
OhAnIzV.png

Your wrong.

It was just a long line of cars, you could sort by class or drive type in fm5 and class, drive or category in fh2.

The RB button jumped between manufacturers, so it was probably no different to how the new game does it.

Your wrong.

It was just a long line of cars, you could sort by class or drive type in fm5 and class, drive or category in fh2.
No he's not.

The cars may very well be in a line, but they where still sorted by manufacturer, and even after changing the sort order you can still change to manufacturer.

Your wrong.

I am pretty dang sure you can sort by manufacturer. Might have to hit the start button or Y button, but I know it can be sorted.
No he's not.

The cars may very well be in a line, but they where still sorted by manufacturer, and even after changing the sort order you can still change to manufacturer.
Thank you. Yes I was pretty sure there was a way to do it in both games.
Bit it was a pain in the ass. The point being made was the cars are grouped in a manner that would be easier to navigate. Instead of a endless line of cars.
I agree F5/FH2 defaulted in an annoying way, BUT it could be sorted by Manufacturer along with several other filters. For example: "Cars Owned" "Affordable Cars" and several other options.

According to the F6 video above, the new UI in F6 looks WAY better. Closer to what we had in F4.

Bit it was a pain in the ass. The point being made was the cars are grouped in a manner that would be easier to navigate. Instead of a endless line of cars.
To be fair, it was a mess, but it's not going to be any more of a time savor compared to what it is now anyways. You where always able to skip through the manufacturers by pressing the Right Bumper.

I do like this way much better though as it looks much more neater.

VXR
The RB button jumped between manufacturers, so it was probably no different to how the new game does it.

To be fair, it was a mess, but it's not going to be any more of a time savor compared to what it is now anyways. You where always able to skip through the manufacturers by pressing the Right Bumper.

I do like this way much better though as it looks much more neater.
Correct you could jump between Manufactures with RB. I agree the car navigation UI in F5 FH2 had much to be desired. It only went left to right and was very clunky. F4 UI was much better.

The F6 UI looks like one of the best so far. You scroll left to right in the Manufacturer, then up and down to find the cars in there. Looks a lot better already. Will still be interesting when we have a lot of cars in one Manufacturer or in a specific class.

Hopefully we can also organize the car class a lot better. For example: Can get a bit overwhelming when you have 80-100 B class or A class cars. :embarrassed:

Back