Xbox360 Launch line-up revealed !

• Thread starter Max_DC
  • 68 comments

How many games will you buy at launch ? Post which ones !

• None, because I won't buy a Xbox360, at least not at launch...

Votes: 24 50.0%

Votes: 4 8.3%

Votes: 9 18.8%

Votes: 5 10.4%
  • 4 or more

Votes: 6 12.5%

• Total voters
You can't do a full comparison between them.

GT4 went for the real world look.
PGR3 went for the arcadey racing look where buildings flash by.

The lighting in that screenshot isn't realistic. Even my 10 yo bro can get a better looking screenshot from GT4 photomode
and stop boasting about the 360bug power , you know very well that the PS3 is TWICE as powerful , and when GT5 is out , it'lll be the coffin nail for poor x-bug360

I'm guessing that your 10 year old brother is the older more mature one.
The lighting in the photo is fine, your pathetic company devotion clouds your vision. "OMG ITS NOT ON THE PS3, I HATE IT".
I'm boasting? Okay...well it is pretty powerful, a chip with 3 3.2 ghz cores is ABIT fast, that and a high end radeon card. The PS3 isn't twice as fast, the specs for both machines have been made availible. I honestly don't know which is more powerful, I'm guessing the ps3, but hardly by the 100% fanboy margin you've invented.

And please, the lighting in GT4 is hardly that incredible these days, it's simple at best. TBH Gt4 looks pretty average in general, it looks good because it runs smooth, and uses realistic, if low quality textures. PGR3 just does everything in real time with shed loads more detail. You wouldn't understand.

code_kev
I'm guessing that your 10 year old brother is the older more mature one.
The lighting in the photo is fine, your pathetic company devotion clouds your vision. "OMG ITS NOT ON THE PS3, I HATE IT".
I'm boasting? Okay...well it is pretty powerful, a chip with 3 3.2 ghz cores is ABIT fast, that and a high end radeon card. The PS3 isn't twice as fast, the specs for both machines have been made availible. I honestly don't know which is more powerful, I'm guessing the ps3, but hardly by the 100% fanboy margin you've invented.

And please, the lighting in GT4 is hardly that incredible these days, it's simple at best. TBH Gt4 looks pretty average in general, it looks good because it runs smooth, and uses realistic, if low quality textures. PGR3 just does everything in real time with shed loads more detail. You wouldn't understand.

Couldn't agree more, saying GT4 looks better than PGR3 is foolish IMO.

But...when GT5 comes out...that will be the comparison bench mark...but between different console gens? bleh.

No , GT4 is actually still the only game on earth that you can fool someone with thinking it's the real deal. OK , PGR might be technically more advanced but it will definitely lack that thiny element that's made the GT series the best.

What the crap are you on about? The only people who think GT4 looks real are people who havn't left their darkened rooms for 10 years. Yes Gt4 looks quite realistic at times, down to the use of realistic, if low quality textures, but no, it NEVER looks anything close to the "real deal".

What's this "thiny" element? Is that like the "make the game mind numbingly dull" element? I'm still at 31% on Gt4. Why? Because it's boring. I won't even mention the abortion that is the 2 player mode, talk about thrown together in 5 minutes. If anything, PD need to get off their arses and program a game that is actually EXCITING to play, you know, exciting like driving a real car is.

Ok Code, have you seen the new GT5 trailer ? Completely smokes PGR3 and make PGR3 cars look like plastic pieces of ****. So this , this now is real. And if you ever thought GT4 uses low-res textures , look at that vid and then tell me. Word is , only a completely brain washed idiot will consider buying a X-bug360 if its games are on this very modest caliber.lol

Ok Code, have you seen the new GT5 trailer ? Completely smokes PGR3 and make PGR3 cars look like plastic pieces of ****. So this , this now is real. And if you ever thought GT4 uses low-res textures , look at that vid and then tell me. Word is , only a completely brain washed idiot will consider buying a X-bug360 if its games are on this very modest caliber.lol

What the hell are you on about? X-bug? How old are you? 12? Seriously, stop calling it an xbug, it makes you look retarded. You also have never played an xbox360, so I don't know how your suddenly in the position to call it crap.

http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/driving/granturismo5/screens.html?page=1

That's a vision gran turismo shot, and you SERIOUSLY think that smokes PGR3? I find that laughable. Yes, that shot looks good, but not because of the graphics quality (which is PS2 at best), but for the sheer amount thats happening (which is far beyond anything the PS2 could do). It's intended as a demonstration by PD as to the sort of thing their aiming for in the next GT. It's not GT5.

PGR3 cars look plastic? Nizar, you can't just make things up to back up an argument you've allready lost, same with your "ps3 is 100% more powerful argument".

The games on the 360 look pretty cool, would I buy one? Not yet, when it costs less I will, same with the ps3.

PGR3 looks good.

GT4 looks good, because it trys to convey realism.

PGR3 is graphically better.

That is all.

Also...PS3 is looking to be quite the power house...since every game shown in the last 3 months has the same calibur as killzone...and they are all realtime...makes you wonder where all those doubters went....because they surely don't post anymore....*whistles*

Well tbh the killzone 2 vid looked better then everything, but that was because it was a 5fps rendering sped up to 60 fps. Looked arse kicking though, and it was on pre alpha kits or something...anyways, we shall see, if the games look like that, they YEY! I also don't think anyone was disputing what the PS3 is capible of (hell we don't really know what it's capible of), but alot of the vids shown weren't exactly game play videos, which leaves alot of people skeptical.

code_kev
Well tbh the killzone 2 vid looked better then everything, but that was because it was a 5fps rendering sped up to 60 fps. Looked arse kicking though, and it was on pre alpha kits or something...anyways, we shall see, if the games look like that, they YEY! I also don't think anyone was disputing what the PS3 is capible of (hell we don't really know what it's capible of), but alot of the vids shown weren't exactly game play videos, which leaves alot of people skeptical.

Great, we'll take this debate elsewhere tho! I don't want to clutter up these pretty Xbox threads!! lol.

I'm making a new thread as we speak!

And I think MGS4 looks on par, or better, than killzone. All the troops+particle effects+animation+sound etc, IMO, was all better than the killzone trailer. of course this could be because it was done much more cinematically than killzone. But I still think it looked better, or at LEAST on par.

Nizar, lets be honest, PD could release a rendered turd on a stick, and you would still proclaim it to be "the BEST THING EV0R" simple because it was on a sony machine and PD made it. Vision GT, compared to the other 360 and PS3 stuff looks dated allready, your just too blinded by retarded brand loyalty to realise this. "ZOMG PD MADE IT"

code_kev
Trust me, Nizar won't see the irony in what he's saying.
:lol:👍:lol:👍
image1047.gif
image1047.gif
image1047.gif

I'm one of the "not buying, at least at launch." I'd be more inclined if there's an X Box emulation mode, which I'll need to research. Otherwise there are two older games I do want a lot: Panzer Dragoon and Shenmue II. Other than that, I really don't see anything I'm in dire need of from X Box or Next Box.

I do see a bright future for the 360, like I knew there would be for the original X Box. I'm hopeful that a lot of the enthusiast versions with hard drive get sold, the one I'll buy when I do break down and get one. It's a fantastic system. I really hope that the Nintendo Revolution doesn't get left in the dust though, it's a great system too, and the games will rock.

If only Sega had the superpower status to field a console too, but Sony would just declare war again. They can only stand so much competition, the tyrant. :(

As for the Gran Turismo footage looking dated... since when did realism look dated? :sly:

Oh well, I'm back to my home in GT land.

As for the Gran Turismo footage looking dated... since when did realism look dated?

Which looks more realistic, Ninja Gaiden or Gran Turismo 2? Which looks more dated? Making a car shaped blob look realistic is easy, give it some flat lighting, some photo style textures, and traa darrr, it looks realistic, even with low quality graphics. GT Visions simply does not look like a PS3 game, except for the track side detail. Just look at the lighting, the lack of shadows off track side objects, you have walls that seemingly don't cast a shadow on to the ground, textures which seem like the shadows have been drawn in, as opposed to rendered in real time etc. Now compare GT vision s to the MGS4 stuff...

VGT sure doesn't look like a PS3 game because it's not. If GT5 will look like that , I'm not buying it. But the GT series has never deceived me and I know very well what to expect from PD.
code_kev
Trust me, Nizar won't see the irony in what he's saying.
Real irony can be seen in the way X company hopelessly tries to gain customers at any cost even if they had to sell consoles for free :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Real irony can be seen in the way X company hopelessly tries to gain customers at any cost even if they had to sell consoles for free

?

Not only do you not know what irony is, you annoyingly add 50 smileys to the end of everything for no reason.

tha_con
Great, we'll take this debate elsewhere tho! I don't want to clutter up these pretty Xbox threads!! lol.

I'm making a new thread as we speak!

And I think MGS4 looks on par, or better, than killzone. All the troops+particle effects+animation+sound etc, IMO, was all better than the killzone trailer. of course this could be because it was done much more cinematically than killzone. But I still think it looked better, or at LEAST on par.

hrmm.

MGS4 looks delicious and I'm definitely buying a PS3 eventually for that game.

but

the killzone trailer was ridiculously detailed. I still don't think the gameplay will look nearly that good...

MGS4 looks almost as good because the filters and lighting are kick arse. and the fact that shinkawa's designs are untouchable. :)

I be getting 2 for Christmas 1 from my bro and 1 from my sister. And I be buying 2 for myself.

code_kev
Well tbh the killzone 2 vid looked better then everything, but that was because it was a 5fps rendering sped up to 60 fps.

That same article said that it was now running at 30fps in real time. Not bad in terms of progress. MGS4 looked better though, imho. The nice thing about Killzone was the immersion. MGS4 didn't go into that so much, but from the looks of it (or rather the description of the gameplay), it will probably be similar.

Anyway, back to the Xbox360. I'll consider one IF my Driving Force Pro works with it. If not, then I consider it very likely I won't own one during it's first year, even though I'd normally get both consoles.

this is the most retarded argument ever.

Seriously...shut up, Nizar. Shut up, Code. Talk about launch titles, not Vision GT or sony.

Latest Posts

Back