Xboxen Now $100!

• Thread starter Genocide
  • 39 comments
Well that confirms that there is loads of Microsoft haters out there :lol:bringing out all these emulators and what not to take away income for microsoft..They have enough as it is

Good work guys whoever you are keep it comming:lol:

Originally posted by Genocide
New Xbox Bundle in stores.

-Xbox
-Controller S
-Sega GT 2002
-Jet Set Radio Future
-DVD Remote Voucher (Free DVD Kit)
Total = $199

Hmm.... A winner is you! haha....

So your saying you get all this? hmm Never Heard of it! I knew about the deal, Xbox, JSRF, SGT2002.. Or the Xbox, & Free DVD kit but not all of this!

Originally posted by viper_maniac
This stuff makes me wanna kick myself in the ass for buying one not to long after it came out. :mad:

Yeah, me too I got one for $300 and like 2 weeks later it went to $200 then all these good deals started coming out and now im pissed off! lol :D

Originally posted by Acid Klown X
So your saying you get all this? hmm Never Heard of it! I knew about the deal, Xbox, JSRF, SGT2002.. Or the Xbox, & Free DVD kit but not all of this!

I got for £243.95.....

X-box (with enormous hard drive, must be at least 8 gig) including Controller and the other main bits

Extra Controller

6 games (Halo, SegaGT2003, Splinter Cell, Jet Set Radio Future, Project Gotham Racing, Crash)

BTW - The actually deal was 4 games and one controller for £189.99. I've added what I've bought to the final price. Similar specs as above for PS2 - £349.99 and GameCube - £289.99

Originally posted by TVRKing
I got for £243.95.....

X-box (with enormous hard drive, must be at least 8 gig) including Controller and the other main bits

Extra Controller

6 games (Halo, SegaGT2003, Splinter Cell, Jet Set Radio Future, Project Gotham Racing, Crash)

BTW - The actually deal was 4 games and one controller for £189.99. I've added what I've bought to the final price. Similar specs as above for PS2 - £349.99 and GameCube - £289.99

Yeah, XBox isn't selling well anywhere in the world, so they're having to do some major deals in order to move the product. I'd say waiting is probably a good thing, but don't wait so long that they either give up or move on to something else. The promotions won't last forever.

Sega GT2002 and Jet Set Radio Future aren't really worth buying the bundle for, but $200 isn't a bad price. Now that I've played them both, I probably would have been happier with the DVD Remote voucher.

I would like to put in my two cents on the which system is better, since I am unbiased. Now if we are just talking about the consoles themselves, no games involved, then there is no question. Hands down the XBox is a far better system than the PS2, now if we start to include the games for each system, I will say that the PS2 has many more great games that the XBox does. The reason people buy a console are to play the games on it. If there are not that many games on a console that people want to play, but an inferior console has many games people want to play, they will buy the inferior console. A good example of this is when the Dreamcast came out, I played it for the first two weeks when I had it, but then I quickly went back to playing my PS1, and every once in a while I would play with my DC if I wanted to look at eyecandy. Now the Dreamcast was an extraordinary system when it came down to the hardware, but the games that were available for it were not that good, and that is what caused it's downfall. It's hardware is just as good as the hardware for the PS2, or the Gamecube if not better. As for the XBox having a hard drive, and being able to run linux, and PC software. There is an add-on hard drive that even comes with a Linux package in the works for the PS2, I think it may be out in someplaces already, but I am not too sure. And the arguement about if there is a game that comes out for both systems is looks better on the XBox, all I have to say is look at NFS HP2. It looks much worse on the XBox, and the cars handle much worse on the XBox too. The PS2 version of this game is much better than the XBox version. People should just stop trying to say that one machine is better than the other, they both have there positives, and negatives. If you were smart you would just try to get both machines, and then it wouldn't really matter to you which one was better, and you could play just about any game you wanted without worrying if you had the correct console or not, because I know no matter how much some of you would like to deny it, you really want to have an XBox, just so you CAN play halo.

i am waiting on my x box, should be here tommorow, with it i got the usual bundle of sega gt2002 and jet set radio future

also included were
night caster?
blood wake
munchs odysee (gettin rid soon as)!
amped
and gotham racing

might keep gotham racing, amped and sega gt with jsrf on same disk, but will sell the others and grab a bit of cash back for my ailing credit card, when i saw the deal on the toys r us website:lol: i was a bit shocked cos it only came to 200 pounds but probably tha other games are ones which arent selling well so they are chuckin them in, ive seen most of the games for about 20 pounds on e bay but my local game shop still has sega gt2002 for 45 pounds:confused:

i am well into my favourite gt3 but until gt4 comes out next year some time or xmas for Japanese import, i'll be playing x box for sure, there just aint anything good out for the ps2 at the mo, just completed the getaway and gta vice city, so im well bored, until tommorow!:cool:

Attachments

• my pack.jpg
    my pack.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 27
We got the PS2 and the XBOX. They both have their plus and minus points. My XBOX came with 2 controllers and the SEGA GT game and a speaker set. $199.00. Good deal compaired to what I got with the PS2 for $220.00. I got 1 controller.

Back