• 174 comments

Xenn

NSX
Premium
United Kingdom
The U of K
GTPXenn
Was about time I got around to doing this :P

Not much has been found so far, but couldn't really keep holding this back so I made it now and will add more info later.

(Until I get Concept 2002, this will focus on 2001)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Let's kick this off with an odd discovery...

If you've been watching my videos on youtube, you'll notice in one of the GT3 demo videos is a Ford Mustang SVT Cobra that never made it to the final game. If not, click here to see it.

But bizarrely...

SVT_COBRA1_zpsf018dd1d.png

SVT_COBRA2_zps4e60fd7d.png

It's in GT Concept! The hidden Alfa 156 touring car is in there aswell. Maybe it's possible this game is built off the earlier versions with GT3 assets?

What else is found?

Most of the GT3 tracks not playable in GT Concept still works. Some are more glitchy than others though, like Test Course with extremely bright front lights.

Last edited:
I already had a look through the 2002 version, has got all the cars from gt3 already stored in the disc(some things new), but some of bodies are removed. By the way nice mustang :)

Last edited:
Interesting as always to see PD's "left-behind" secrets. 👍
But everytime I see something like this, it makes me wonder why they weren't included? The model data is there and I'm sure they could've tweaked the SVT Cobra R's physics to match, but then again this was 12 years ago. :lol:

This car was probobaly made for the upcoming gran turismo, as we know it looks unfinished PD maybe had no time to add it to the game, or a failure car from before which was unused as it still remains in the 2001 disc.

I found a folder named bike on the GT 2002 Tokyo Geneva Concept, which is almost like GT3. I am not sure where to post, so I post it here. In case someone wants to have a look at it, it was extracted from the GT3.vol file from the 2002 concept.

Attachments

• bike.rar
    749.1 KB · Views: 67
One of the files says yzr500_99_antena3.mdl which leads to:

Pretty sure this leads to development of Tourist Trophy, eh? 💡
That might explain why Tourist Trophy has an identical engine to GT4.

I also found some tracks like L_circle100_dry1, slalom80r4 etc. Also, adding something that may be related to the beginning of Tourist Trophy, I found two tracks named tt_akasaka and tt_autumn. Could they be TT tracks? And how can I load these?

Last edited:
So, opening them is impossible or there are no track files?
Fun fact: I found the track used in the Pod race. It is listed as route5 though :\ I still wonder why not SSR11...

Last edited:
Oh don't bother, I can send you the iso file that uh, you load it on a PC program. You know, that thing. It begins from uh E, but we can't talk about it here.

Last edited:
What else is found?

Most of the GT3 tracks not playable in GT Concept still works. Some are more glitchy than others though, like Test Course with extremely bright front lights.

This I don't find surprising, considering that GT Concept is basically GT3 but with some unique cars and tracks (Autumn Ring was in GT Concept but not in GT3). Furthermore, the thread tankoruded mentioned shows that many (if not all) of the cars from GT3 are obtainable and drivable in GT Concept

Btw, for comparative measures GT Concept 2002: Tokyo-Geneva has roughly 30 more cars than GT Concept 2001: Tokyo

Few days ago I learned that Gran Turismo 350Z Edition ran on a modified GT Concept engine, despite it wasn't officially released in North America:

(North American version of 350Z game shown - PAL version reportedly exists, too)

:)

Back