Xenn's GT Concept Research Topic

• Thread starter Xenn
  • 174 comments
Alright.

To start off this is a Track I found called 'Motegi South'. It is based on the real life Gymkhana/testing course located in the Motegi tracks. This track is also where PD tested there cars for the games. It can be seen in making video of the games.

I believe the course was scrapped for later games as it may have been replaced by the Driving Park Gymkhana Courses.

However, here's a little extra.

The TVR can be found on the track.

34pflg8.jpg

e0he35.jpg

@ToyGTone

I'll try making codes but I don't really know how to.

Last edited:
Interesting find Castrol96. Also do you use the korean version or the japan one? Because i tried to do Motegi South in the european but the game crash.

I use a NTSC-J copy.

This is a Rally, Tsukuba shaped track I found. Very hard to control on.

I have also found 'Tahiti Road' but the game crashes when it loads. This might remain somewhere, chances are the GT Concept demo discs?

-> ...

^ A breakdown and details of the that particular circuit. Theres a total lack of info about the pod Circuit.
Is posting some images and doing a video would be okay (is that what you want exactly?)

The Pod Race unlocks once you have completed all the licence tests.
Beta Tommy Screenshot 2016-02-19 22-05-44.png

You access the race from the Game Status
Beta Tommy Screenshot 2016-02-19 22-06-02.png

You have ether 1 Player against 5 A.I or 2 Player Split Screen.
Beta Tommy Screenshot 2016-02-19 22-06-08.png

Single Player
Beta Tommy Screenshot 2016-02-19 22-06-19.png

2 Player
Beta Tommy Screenshot 2016-02-19 22-06-33.png

Race Menu

Beta Tommy Screenshot 2016-02-19 22-06-58.png

Race Start

Beta Tommy Screenshot 2016-02-19 22-07-02.png

Beta Tommy Screenshot 2016-02-19 22-07-14.png

Beta Tommy Screenshot 2016-02-19 22-11-08.png

Beta Tommy Screenshot 2016-02-19 22-08-10.png
Beta Tommy Screenshot 2016-02-19 22-08-11.png

Beta Tommy Screenshot 2016-02-19 22-07-36.png
Beta Tommy Screenshot 2016-02-19 22-07-49.png

This is what happens if i didn't stop...
Beta Tommy Screenshot 2016-02-19 22-11-28.png

Beta Tommy Screenshot 2016-02-19 22-11-33.png

Beta Tommy Screenshot 2016-02-19 22-10-20.png

Beta Tommy Screenshot 2016-02-19 22-10-27.png
Beta Tommy Screenshot 2016-02-19 22-10-35.png

(Captured using Elgato Game Capture HD on a Real PS2. Yeah blame the resolution but i noticed that it looks better on the TV screen itself)

Actually i should just upload a video instead.

Last edited:
-> ...
Is posting some images and doing a video would be okay (is that what you want exactly?)

-----

Actually i should just upload a video instead.
^ There are couple of (racing) videos already uploaded in YT.

-> If you can do a slow drive around (on a time trial mode) for 2 laps, if thats possible. I'm not asking too much, I can't even upload a direct feed from my TV to YT. :indiff:

-> ...

^ There are couple of (racing) videos already uploaded in YT.

-> If you can do a slow drive around (on a time trial mode) for 2 laps, if thats possible. I'm not asking too much, I can't even upload a direct feed from my TV to YT. :indiff:
Unless i modded the game codes to have a time trial on this track, i can't do time trials with this track. I should have a go with the normal race and see if the A.I won't annoy me...

Motegi kinda gives off the Eifel vibe. I wonder if it's the missing scenery that does this, but it seems to me that the elevations on the track aren't like the final.

Motegi kinda gives off the Eifel vibe. I wonder if it's the missing scenery that does this, but it seems to me that the elevations on the track aren't like the final.

True, the elevations of the unfinished tracks are different to the finals. The same applies for Tsukuba and Suzuka which I'll upload soon.

Trying to make Suzuka and Motegi work but there's a glitch where no Hud is shown and some fuzzy colours. I'm running it on a 🤬 btw.

Oh, neat!

I didn't realise that there were a research thread for Gran Turismo Concept aswell.

Great finds @Castrol96. The dirt layout that is reminiscent of Tsukuba Circuit is rather questionable indeed. Its plausible that Polyphony Digital created the circuit using the original model of Tsukuba Circuit, before editing it accordingly. Given the name and the exceptional amount of elevation alterations and jumps, it appears to be, as the name somewhat implies, a track used for testing purposes.

The early build of Twin Ring Motegi is rather reminiscent of the early Nurburgring build in the Prius Trial Version, as both highlight the early modelling processes of the circuits of Gran Turismo. This, as we've seen, typically involves creating a floating layout before adding anything that could be regarded as the surrounding environment.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Speaking of Gran Turismo Concept. I recently acquired this:

95ad6999f1.jpg

Came with free complimentary considerably scrunched Japanese newspaper packaging.

Oh, neat!

I didn't realise that there were a research thread for Gran Turismo Concept aswell.

Great finds @Castrol96. The dirt layout that is reminiscent of Tsukuba Circuit is rather questionable indeed. Its plausible that Polyphony Digital created the circuit using the original model of Tsukuba Circuit, before editing it accordingly. Given the name and the exceptional amount of elevation alterations and jumps, it appears to be, as the name somewhat implies, a track used for testing purposes.

The early build of Twin Ring Motegi is rather reminiscent of the early Nurburgring build in the Prius Trial Version, as both highlight the early modelling processes of the circuits of Gran Turismo. This, as we've seen, typically involves creating a floating layout before adding anything that could be regarded as the surrounding environment.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Speaking of Gran Turismo Concept. I recently acquired this:

95ad6999f1.jpg

Came with free complimentary considerably scrunched Japanese newspaper packaging.

Thanks man 👍 I'm curious to know what's hiding in the copen disc. :D

What tracks would been in there? The tracks you already shown with the tracks we haven't seen yet?

Yeah, on spot. I made a half and hour video with all the hidden tracks exclusive to GT Concept. I think I'll now make it into a two part video now, theres also a ton of GT3 tracks I might make a video of later.

Just glad I have all the parts left over from the video :)

Yeah, on spot. I made a half and hour video with all the hidden tracks exclusive to GT Concept. I think I'll now make it into a two part video now, theres also a ton of GT3 tracks I might make a video of later.

Just glad I have all the parts left over from the video :)

Cool, I'm waiting for it :)

Liked your new video on YouTube, keep up the good work and bring us more GT Concept and GT4 Prologue hidden stuff! :D

View attachment 577334

Cheers! It means a lot :cheers:

Great job Castrol! Do you have a GT: Concept Beta cars video in mind aswell?

Yes I do, but I need some help. I used to know how to access hidden cars with there chassis back in 2013. I want show the hidden cars with all there data not only the body.

Thanks. 👍

Yes I do, but I need some help. I used to know how to access hidden cars with there chassis back in 2013. I want show the hidden cars with all there data not only the body.

Thanks. 👍
I can help you with that, if you want it. But i only have the PAL version of the game.

Back