Xenn's GT3 Research Topic (Might not be 56k friendly)

• Thread starter Xenn
  • 1,506 comments
If you can get that sample car with the spheres, that would be awesome! :dopey:

I have a feeling that is Sample 006. Somehow being able to get into a race.

I've had no success in doing so, so i'm curious how it was loaded...

i'll find my post about 411. it's two spheres. i think the vid said sample 006 but the vid thumbnail appeared to say 411.

I did an image search and found this:
smile

it said sample 006. the writing in the pic says something else but i can't read it.

here's the page http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm6114446

it seems there are even more sample cars

(use google chrome's translate feature or another translator to read the page) iirc it said i couldn't watch the vid unless i was logged in. i didn't want to create an account because i have no idea what this site is. if you do a google search by image i think it predicted the image title to be gt3 death car or something. i'll do more google searching for more samples and other things.

probably should be in glitch thread, but licence s-7 second line of info,
Licence S-7
TVR Griffiths 500.

Last edited:
I found a folder named bike on the GT 2002 Tokyo Geneva Concept, which is almost like GT3. I am not sure where to post, so I post it here. In case someone wants to have a look at it, it was extracted from the GT3.vol file from the 2002 concept.

Attachments

• bike.rar
    749.1 KB · Views: 66
Please be patient. We can't figure things out instantly like that.

It takes time investigating them. I'm looking into it as I speak, and i'll provide info soon.

Also, I think that should go into the GT Concept Sub Forum.

Turns out you have, my bad.

Last edited:
according to 7z the bike folder contains:
bikeman_e3.bin
bike_test0.mdl
cbr600f4i_01_pdiver.mdl
front_tire.mdl
man.mdl
man1.mdl
man2.mdl
man3.mdl
man4.mdl
man_shadow.mdl
rear_tire.mdl
yzr500_99_antena3.mdl

it's a Yamaha YZR500 1999 Antena 3!
DSCF0373.JPG

also can i use 7z to view the "s4_00" etc. in gt3?

Last edited:
I think there's lack of motorcycle physics, like leaning the bike while going through the curve, so it would look like just bike chassis, with automobile wheels floating around it. And it's probably not a model, only a scratch file.

.mdl is very likely to be the raw model format the game uses.

If I can find something that opens it, i'll show what it looks like.

So no way of making it playable, even with four wheels? Also, how can I open the .mdl files

You'll find that with PS2 files, even if one format is the same, it may not be identical to others like it.

But doesn't hurt to try modeling programs and see what happens.

Sure, one of the mdl file says a 1999 Yamaha YZR500 Antena 3 (Team d'Antin) MotoGP, but the other mdl file says a 2001 Honda CBR600F4i, which returns:

2001-Honda-CBR600F4Ik.jpg

Confusing. :eek: :confused:

has anyone noticed that if you press start at the right moment just as you leave the track in a licence test that the fail music plays but you have the pause menu? the cool part is you get to hear the whole song, and twice! (it's about 1 and a half times as long as what you hear when you fail) the bit at the end sounds cool i wish they used it.

i think it also happens if you pause just as a race starts then you get to hear the bgm.

Speaking of license test, there's a hidden jingle in the music files that might possibly be an early version of the License Test start theme.

Back