Xenn's GT3 Research Topic (Might not be 56k friendly)

• Thread starter Xenn
  • 1,506 comments
In your image, the top car on the 12 0'clock line that's some sort of racer. What is it??

That's a ASL Gariya 2003 JGTC GT300 Racer.
What the heck is that car right above the Alfa 155?
I don't recall seeing it before. :dunce:

I was speechless, I do not believe what I saw, it is impossible to have that game Gran Turismo 3 years and I've never seen anything like it. Really WOOOOW with a pinch of: O____

So Xenn, any word on the SVT Mustang? Does it work like any other car?

It does indeed, although it doesn't have complete rims so it'll always have the placeholder ones. Not certain why it was removed. Maybe PD liked the SVT Cobra R more? Or licensing issues?

Bizarrely, I happened to find it's model in GT Concept 2001 aswell.

Can you assign the car it's own rims from another car or will it always be stuck with the placeholder ones. I don't understand why PD would remove it, it has its own specs right?

Can you assign the car it's own rims from another car or will it always be stuck with the placeholder ones. I don't understand why PD would remove it, it has its own specs right?

That would depend if custom rims can be added to it. I've yet to find out if any rims are in the demo.

I was researching about F090/S when I found this...

arcade.jpg

In the final, it looked very different (in my NTSC-U copy, not sure with NTSC-J) A different arcade mode menu in early builds? :confused:

can someone tell me what car the sample010 is in real life if it is one? that is, the blue and white open wheel car

mclaren mp4/5

correct?

hold it, it's the f090/s. i thought it was new...

Last edited:
GT-R_EMOKID: you told me that sample 007 doesn't load. did you mean 006? that's the only one you didn't post a picture of. I did an image search and found this:
smile

it said sample 006. the writing in the pic says something else but i can't read it.

here's the page http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm6114446

edit: i was 006, xenn corrected you you said it was the silver block on placeholder rims. the pic above is two spheres. it seems there are even more sample cars

Last edited:
^^Sample 411 411? Xenn, can you try to find this? judging by what the 001-010 sample car's file names are, it should be "sample411". There may be hundreds of sample cars.

btw, i'm surprised at that video, GT-R EMOKID or Xenn said 006 only works in arcade mode.

also, by using google search by image there were a lot of instances of that picture on the website it came from and a couple on this other website. it said "Best guess for this image: gt3 没 カー" which translated in google translate to gt3 death car.

also, can someone try these hex codes?

unknown1 / CCAC19BB F3C3B786 or CCAC19BB 73C3B786
unknown2 / CCAC19BE F3C3B786 or CCAC19BE 73C3B786
unknown3 / CCAC19C1 F3C3B786 or CCAC19C1 73C3B786
unknown4 / CCAC19C4 F3C3B786 or CCAC19C4 73C3B786
unknown5 / CCAC19C7 F3C3B786 or CCAC19C7 73C3B786
unknown5 / CCAC19C8 F3C3B786 or CCAC19C8 73C3B786

i formulated them using the hex values of the sample cars xenn found, some values were skipped and i wrote the, there^. but odd numbers have F evens have 7 (except sample010) and i don't know the numbers for these cars so i didn't know which to use. i don't want to try them as i've never done anything like this before and don't want to damage the game. so if anyone has used cheats before they wont care, but beware these code might not be good, anything could happen. just put then in CarBase using gt3gedit HEX view. and remember you have been warned.

Last edited:
I couldn't find the right thread to ask this, so I decided to give it a shot here where GT3 research is constantly in progress (by the way, nice job guys 👍):

1.) In Arcade mode, after unlocking SSR5 Wet I/II, is it possible to pick 10 laps with tire wear mode (on single race event when you use L1 + R1 trick to pick Professional mode), just like you can do on other circuits?

2.) If it is possible, do you really race with 4 opponents ??!!

3.) And finally, in 2P Battle Mode, can you pick SSR5 Wet I/II to race against your friend with tire wear mode and countless laps ?

I could have checked it myself, but I'm still far away from unlocking that track, so I don't want to waste my time if it's not possible to use at least on of ideas mentioned in questions. Drifting in rain is very fun, so I would like to try and learn some tire management techniques since you can't do that in Simulation mode.

If someone can answer those questions accurately I would be very grateful. :)

I'll check. I unlocked it the hard way, but on my second save I worked out a better way. Two words: rally car. It places you to race class a cars so it's a walk in the park. If you win any rally event in sim mode, use that car in arcade to mash the competition.

area F and e in arcade changes depending on what race you choose.
Single race (pro mode doesn't change lineup) has these tracks:
ssr11, deep forest II, ssr5 II, seattle ii, cote d'azur, ssr5 wet, apricot hill ii, ssr11 ii, tahiti maze ii, ssr5 wet ii
free run adds complex string and complex st. ii
2 player locks out cote d'azur but retains complex st and reverse version.

single race dry tarmac races have 5 opponents, wet races have 3 and dirt has 1.

easy level: 2 laps
normal : 3 laps
hard: 5 or 4 for rally
pro: 10 with wear, or 5 no wear for rally

in options you can choose from 1 to 99 laps, toggle tyre damage, adjust handicap, and adjust slow car boost for 2p battles.

hope this info helps!

a lot of this is from GTPedia.

I'll check. I unlocked it the hard way, but on my second save I worked out a better way. Two words: rally car. It places you to race class a cars so it's a walk in the park. If you win any rally event in sim mode, use that car in arcade to mash the competition.

area F and e in arcade changes depending on what race you choose.
Single race (pro mode doesn't change lineup) has these tracks:
ssr11, deep forest II, ssr5 II, seattle ii, cote d'azur, ssr5 wet, apricot hill ii, ssr11 ii, tahiti maze ii, ssr5 wet ii
free run adds complex string and complex st. ii
2 player locks out cote d'azur but retains complex st and reverse version.

single race dry tarmac races have 5 opponents, wet races have 3 and dirt has 1.

easy level: 2 laps
normal : 3 laps
hard: 5 or 4 for rally
pro: 10 with wear, or 5 no wear for rally

in options you can choose from 1 to 99 laps, toggle tyre damage, adjust handicap, and adjust slow car boost for 2p battles.

hope this info helps!

a lot of this is from GTPedia.

Ok, I have just unlocked SSR5 Wet and yes, you can race against 3 cars on 10 laps with tire wear, it's quite fun especially with FR cars. It's also available in 2P Mode. Thanks for your help ! :)

Do you find it easy? I always found the AI there were quite easy compared to others.
Sorry for late respond.

Yep, quite easy. Even if you race against race cars it's not too hard to beat them. They also suck at slow corners where, if you're lucky, you can see some spin-outs due to AI's bad tire management. It's still fun though. :)

Recently I had a battle against my brother on the same track. We picked Impreza 22B/Evolution VI tuned up to 500hp and managed to have a quite close race with lots of drifts and nice powerslides. Next time I will try to upload a replay because such race filled with rain and excitement cannot be seen in AI world very often. 👍

I wish GT4 had put more willingness into making 2P battles as best experience as possible, just like GT1/2/3 did. After all, that's the closest thing to online that you can find on older GT's.

Back