Xenn's GT3 Research Topic (Might not be 56k friendly)

• Thread starter Xenn
  • 1,506 comments
While testing a ported slalom track, i discovered a weird spawning glitch; the car was stuck into the ground until the race started.

2q99orc.jpg

Just uploaded the video. In the video i also did a high jump where you were able to see the top of the dome(sky borders) of the course. NOW ON YOUTUBE!!

Last edited:
Movie Maker 2.6 is the best for easy video editing, you can download it free directly from MS website :)
on my Windows 7 i use it, Live Movie Maker sucks

MattJ155 has just uploaded some video footage from a rare and early GT3 demo.

Apparently, it still had the GT2 version of Super Speedway.

Last edited:
Very interesting videos. It seems that the Toyota demo was created for a specific dealership...Its cool to know that back in the day Polyphony did a lot of promo work for car companies.

MattJ155 has just uploaded some video footage from a rare and early GT3 demo.

Apparently, it still had the GT2 version of Super Speedway.

Is Netz Toyota a Japanese dealership? Did Polyphony have some sort of partnership with them? Because their logo is on the Vitz one-make race in GT3.

2mg5ume.jpg

Last edited:
During KY's latest interview, he said:

“I don’t know if anybody remembers, but when the PS2 first came out, the first thing I did on that was a demo for the announcement. I showed a demo of GT3 that showed the Seattle course at sunset with the heat rising off the ground and shimmering. You can’t re-create that heat haze effect on the PS3 because the read-modify-write just isn’t as fast as when we were using the PS2. There are things like that. Another reason is because of the transition to full HD.”

Isn't that GT2000? :confused:

Quick query.

How rare is GT2000 in reality. I know it is hard to find, but I've got scope on one in my town and don't know wether to snap it up

Get it! There aren't many of them at all and copies in good condition can fetch pretty decent prices.

Well, I just played GT2000 2 days ago for the first time and I'm a bit amazed at how different the cars handle compared to GT3. The graphics though for some reason remind me of Sega GT.

I discovered that when a course is swapped with one which is used for licence tests, spawns the cars in a odd part of the course, mostly outside the course. With this it is very easy to breakout. Will make videos for this soon

I discovered that when a course is swapped with one which is used for licence tests, spawns the cars in a odd part of the course, mostly outside the course. With this it is very easy to breakout. Will make videos for this soon

Or you can simply make teleporter like I did... [Yep, this is GT4 but who cares :)]

Last edited by a moderator:
We do. If you wish to discuss happenings in GT4, then use the GT4 forums.

This thread is in the GT3 forum for a reason. 💡

What the hell, there was some good work done their :grumpy:. Sorry but Markura, could you upload those code for the tracks, cars again (on the GT4 tread) :).

Back