Xenn's GT3 Research Topic (Might not be 56k friendly)

• Thread starter Xenn
  • 1,506 comments
Don't know if anyone's recognized this yet, but in the legal credits and under Shelby, it lists GT350, GT500, Cobra Daytona Coupe, Cobra 427 SC (the only one in the game), and the Series One. Secret cars :scared:? If someone hasn't already done so, maybe Xenn-or anyone else with the ability to nose around in the game files-can take a peek and see if there really are any hidden Shelbys. Of course, I could be completely wrong. In the event of, please disregard everything I just said 👍.

Don't know if anyone's recognized this yet, but in the legal credits and under Shelby, it lists GT350, GT500, Cobra Daytona Coupe, Cobra 427 SC (the only one in the game), and the Series One. Secret cars :scared:? If someone hasn't already done so, maybe Xenn-or anyone else with the ability to nose around in the game files-can take a peek and see if there really are any hidden Shelbys. Of course, I could be completely wrong. In the event of, please disregard everything I just said 👍.

I really didn't know that these were written. I will have a look.
EDIT: The only Shelby car file I found was sh0001, which means the only Shelby is the Cobra 427 SC. Unless there's a Shelby hidden in GT3 Demo.

Last edited:
I really didn't know that these were written. I will have a look.
EDIT: The only Shelby car file I found was sh0001, which means the only Shelby is the Cobra 427 SC. Unless there's a Shelby hidden in GT3 Demo.

Maybe their just licences from GT2, but were accidentally written in gt3.

Well, the base model for Escudo, which is first generation of Vitara/Escudo is/was for sale.

Also you can buy rally cars in real life, at least cars like BMW 3 or old supertouring cars series prepped for rally racing.

Well, the base model for Escudo, which is first generation of Vitara/Escudo is/was for sale.

Also you can buy rally cars in real life, at least cars like BMW 3 or old supertouring cars series prepped for rally racing.

I also saw a Castrol toms celica on my road , also the 06 Subaru Impreza rally car in my area, I'm serious.

no, no, i mean (probably for legal reasons) they were saying the escudo pikes peak is not available in real life. no other brand appeared to show this however. i just wondered why only one brand said this and also found it a bit weird. (of course you can't buy a pikes peak car!)

I was walking around in a car museum in Vegas one time and saw both a road and rally version of a Ford RS200. They were both for sale! The road version was $100,000 and the rally version was about $185,000.

I also saw a Jaguar XJ220 that was also for sale for $375,000 :drool:

we're getting off topic, but at least we're not talking about elevator music (see the gt4 research topic)

I know :lol:

Anyway, if you watch mattj155 or never heard of him, he uploaded a video of Gran Turismo 3 Replay theater, a rare disc released in japan.

first video, 0:25, calsonic r32 also at 3:48 is "Weaver" sign at deep forest, weaver, Barrett and progress sponsorship was included in gt1 (gt2 as well?) but noone seems to know what they mean.

Last edited:
Googled "Weaver" and first link is a company that makes optics and scopes for rifles or sells shotguns :D
I dont think thats the right Weaver.

I am curious what is it. (didnt know "progress" - thats new to me)

ssr5 looks like that autumn ring track from gt1 where there was heaps of shine. in ssr11 at least the zonda's brake light lights in the wrong spot. i think the ctr's wheels went through the body last turn of tokyo.

*sneaks in*

*leaves this here*

2000_LIVE_zps4f6fa59b.png

*sneaks back out*

(and no, not much I can do about that graphic glitch, sorry).

Yes, that's an i.Link menu from the GT3 OPS2M demo.

I assume it does work as I can choose the options available, but it stops afterwards, most likely missing i.Link connection.

I accessed it by messing around with the menu values, I came across it after a few minutes of looking around.

Back