Xenn's GT3 Research Topic (Might not be 56k friendly)

• Thread starter Xenn
  • 1,506 comments
I just thought, what if the Bugatti models from GT3 beta were used as base models for GT5?

No because the Bugatti veryron was first pre-finally designed in 2000, it had a higher front grill than the lights and a more oval look (like a ugly replica). In 2005 the Bugatti veryron up until today was designed, there could have been a change of it being in GT4, maybe somewhere between GT3 and 4 need to look! :)

Its been a while since I used the e*******!, so I think I must look back, been to busy with GT6.

I found something, actually several things.

While I was searching the forums a while back and I found this. Scroll down to Daan's post near the bottom, could that be Daan's Lupo? That is what I would like to know. It may just be it. ;)

Also, it appears the Sample 006 (The block car Xenn posted earlier) is old news. If you look in the thread, it appears to have already been discovered a long time ago, but has been long forgotten until now. However that is not my reason for posting this though. What I find interesting is that in the thread is that Daan implies that it seems to work normally in the PAL version which that may explain why it works for Xenn when he tried it on the PAL version, but crashed when I tried it on the NTSC version.

Now the next thing I wonder is, what is the name of the car file for the Sample 006 and could porting it from the PAL version to the NTSC version make it work in the NTSC version? :confused: I think it's time we find out. ;)

On another note, I was browsing the internet archives yesterday and viewing a lot of old GTPlanet pages dating as far back as 2003 and I found Famine's old signature and it lead me to this, Famine's old hybriding guide for GT3 which I believe got shut down long ago. Look under "Hybrid Examples", there are some of the GT3gedit car files for the hybrids used in "The Gran Turismo Genome Project". These truly one of a kind cars, especially the gold RX-7, may lead to even more discoveries for us. ;)

Note to Famine: I know you are probably getting tired of me tagging you in these posts a lot but I just wanted to let you know about your old hybrid site and that it is in the archives. :)

Last edited:
Was just looking on google and I found this. Look at the Evo, not sure if that has been mentioned yet. ;)

I did that TCRF page, and I've planning to add the body-only Mustang and 156 TC. :)

(Self-plug: The GTPSP TCRF page is now up, and I've planned for TCRF page on GT4 and GT5).

You made that page? Good job with it! 👍 Definitely add those cars to it and of course don't forget this one ;):

ho0097.png

Speaking of which, do you (or anybody else) have these cars by chance?

On a different note, here is another thread about the Sample 006. I swapped the body of the Sample 006 car with the Daihatsu Cuore in the NTSC version using GT3gedit and then tried racing in simulation mode and it works! :) Now the next thing I would like try is porting the PAL models of the Sample 006 car to the NTSC and see if it works. ;) Can somebody send me the car files to the Sample 006 car from the PAL version please?

weird how in pal almost all hidden cars have deleted bodies but 006 is opposite.

that lancer on tcrf is the one i found in gt3gedit. never got around to testing it to see if it was different. just expected it to be a duplicate. (had "_special" at the end iirc)

The body on the PAL version is more complete than the NTSC vesion surprisingly. I wonder how the japanese is, I would certainly like to know.

Last edited:
there was a video of 006 in the jpn version earlier in this thread i believe. I'll just find it...

couldn't find it. It was the one in gt auto.

I seen it. Frankly I wonder if that person was using an anti crash code, but I doubt it.

Xenn What is the name of the car file for Sample 006 in GT3VOL?

Last edited:
The car file name is pd0006.

There's quite a few pd names in there, but I assume they're all sample cars.

I notice in that last video, where it flashes the names of the tracks, "Seattle Street" repeatedly appears.

A possible name change for Seattle Circuit or a new variation that never was?

Probably just a rename of either Seattle or the Seattle Short circuit (from GT2). Unless someone could search around in a SUPER early version of GT3, no way to tell for sure.

BTW: Hi, Bloody!:cheers:

Looking through this thread is making me want to get back on GT3

As your GT4 thread did with GT4.

Awesome finds guys and its SUCKS that PAL has a lot of cars bodies deleted. Would love those old F1 cars if they didn't look like a mediocre hatchback.

Wooah, didn't realise I've been following this thread for over 2 years!! Anyway this is why I joined gtplanet, excellent work @Xenn :).

Last edited:
***Long post with many images***
Hello,guys!
Remember me?:D
I want to bring yousome awesome stuff-Original Gran Turismo 3 Textures!:lol:
First of all,take a look a background imafes-they're awesome!:drool:
I can export any texture you want,guys,mabye we will find some more secrets;)👍

[URL=https://imageshack.com/i/mkxgdnp]

Then-take a look at some car textures,it could be interesting!
(i've also looked up trough toyota supra,but didn't found any mentions of PolyS)
It's interesting-i can compare them to gt2 textures and they're looking almost the same!
They just have better resolution...

And as a sweet end-textures of our old friends from Trial Mountain: Nessie and a man on the boat!:lol:

[/URL]

From GT2 basically every BG from car makes :D and one make races.

So for GT1 and in gt1 even BGs from championships (GT world Cup and so.)

Back