Xiaomi Reveals its Vision GT Car, Coming to Gran Turismo Soon

  • Thread starter Thread starter Famine
  • 62 comments
  • 10,868 views

Famine

GTP Editor, GTPEDIA Author
Administrator
Messages
92,483
United Kingdom
Rule 12
Messages
GTP_Famine
This is the discussion thread for an article on GTPlanet:

Xiaomi Reveals its Vision GT Car, Coming to Gran Turismo Soon​

Almost nine months on from being teased at the Gran Turismo World Series event in London, Xiaomi has revealed its Vision Gran Turismo car ahead of its arrival in the game at a yet-to-be-announced date...
 
Interesting take on turbofan wheels there. The magnetically stabilized cover sort of makes me think of how some Rolls-Royce center caps are weighted to keep the logo upright at all times when the wheels are moving, but with an actual functional reason instead.
 
Thanks for the article @Famine ! The tech behind this car and how almost every part has a function intrigues me. I am interested in this particular VGT. It seems like this a nice precursor to race car.
 
Cool! Maybe we'll see it in the Februa– oh, man. It's March already?
Yeah, bring on that fourth anniversary update, just please don't set the inevitable Xiaomi VGT time trial on Nürb 24 Reverse!
 
If Frankenstein created an electric car instead of a monster, he would apologise by claiming despite charging it up its still dead, lifeless.
 
And the crowd goes mild.
What crowd ? More like pre-recorded voices the likes of which you get on a sit-com, probably similar to the generated engine sounds a car of this type might make?!
😁
 
Last edited:

HCRJ_BnW0AADNAo
HCRJ-HDXUAAFxgC
HCRJ9X5XcAAvcGm
 
Last edited:
I doubt this will have the same motors from SU7 Ultra, it would be a big, missed opportunity not to go a little crazy with the power output, the upcoming BYD Yangwang U9 Xtreme, a real production EV has around 3,000 HP so this could be at least close to that figure if not more.
They can do more with less on the aero and aesthetics but doesn't mean they can't go crazy with its performance, if a production EV like U9 Xtreme made one aspect of SRT Tomahawk X VGT seemed less impressive then, what's stops Xiaomi from going crazy with their VGT?
And I doubt this will their last VGT as well, might ended up like that Jaguar VGT, at first, we got a road car then they gave us the Type-D inspired variant and finally a race version.
The car atm are quite beautiful, definitely one of the more aesthetically pleasing VGT and it actually has fully modeled cockpit which Aston Martin VGT didn't have.
Still can't wait for more details of the car.
 
Last edited:
If that’s the case would we see the first PP 2000 car in GT7?

Plus, I’m a Billy. The rear looks like the SRT VGT.
Iron Man Eye Roll GIF
 
The interior seems more like XXL F1 cockpit than sofa to me :). But really, chinese companies are something else with their breakneck R&D speed - this VGT was teased just under 8 months ago, while VGTs from Ford or Nike were promised right at the beginning of Vision GT initiative (2013) and still, no word on them.
 
Sculpted by wind? It looks like it's sculpted by a host of other generic electric and vision GT cars. I see no passion in these designs, only an objective to create a product.
 
Another VGT car being highlighted again.

I’m genuinely curious — are there actually many people in the GT7 population who look forward to these and use them by choice? Not because of weekly challenges or events that force you into them, but voluntarily?

When the Ferrari 296 GT3 was announced, the excitement was obvious. Same with the new Porsche 911 GT3. Those are real cars with real racing stories behind them. You can connect to them. You see them in actual series, you understand their context, their development, their performance envelope. There’s something tangible about them.

With VGTs, I honestly struggle to feel that connection. Apart from events where you have to use them, I probably wouldn’t touch them. But maybe I’m in the minority. Maybe a lot of people actually enjoy driving them purely for what they are.

I’m curious what the general feeling is here. Do you actively enjoy VGT cars, or are they mostly something you use when the game requires it?
 
I think this particular VGT is really cool, but I also think it makes a lot more sense being an EV given the similar drivetrain of the SU7 Ultra that we already have in-game. (I'm still hoping for a Pininfarina VGT, though...)
 
Dear PD/sony, stop already with the VGT *****.

They aren’t real cars, stop pretending. I’ve got wipeout here if I want that kind of racing

Another VGT car being highlighted again.

I’m genuinely curious — are there actually many people in the GT7 population who look forward to these and use them by choice? Not because of weekly challenges or events that force you into them, but voluntarily?

When the Ferrari 296 GT3 was announced, the excitement was obvious. Same with the new Porsche 911 GT3. Those are real cars with real racing stories behind them. You can connect to them. You see them in actual series, you understand their context, their development, their performance envelope. There’s something tangible about them.

With VGTs, I honestly struggle to feel that connection. Apart from events where you have to use them, I probably wouldn’t touch them. But maybe I’m in the minority. Maybe a lot of people actually enjoy driving them purely for what they are.

I’m curious what the general feeling is here. Do you actively enjoy VGT cars, or are they mostly something you use when the game requires it?
VGTs are just product placement dressed up as something else 👎
Nobody’s asked for it, no reason for them to add it other than getting paid by manufacturers. Obv that’s just a theory but it fits in the overall picture of GT becoming a more monetized cash cow for Sony than in its earlier iterations, for example Micro transactions, more Brand sdvertising, Fantasy vgt cars, And also recently paid dlc again.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I think there was more interest when the Ford VGT and Bertone VGT were teased. Since we had not seen those cars I say interest had waned.
 
With VGTs, I honestly struggle to feel that connection. Apart from events where you have to use them, I probably wouldn’t touch them. But maybe I’m in the minority. Maybe a lot of people actually enjoy driving them purely for what they are.

I’m curious what the general feeling is here. Do you actively enjoy VGT cars, or are they mostly something you use when the game requires it?
You are mentioning connection. In my view, Vision GTs are maybe not that interesting cars driving-wise, but that is not the point - they are more about the connection of automotive industry and Gran Turismo. The PR machine also play its part of course, but in many cases, these virtual concept cars were not meaningless and really showed some design cues or thoughts that later arrived to actual vehicles.

My favourite project (not just because of nationality) is Škoda VGT. It came to be as a side project of two Škoda designers - young french blokes, both big fans of Gran Turismo. They pitched the project to higher ups, who greenlit it and somehow it turned into nice concept car and also interesting PR opportunity. In the end, the designers have their own creation in their favourite game, fans of the brand and patriots are happy, Polyphony are happy (it was nearly the only VGT for 2024) and Škoda PR team is happy. Not to mention it may have played a big part in Prague getting World Series event. A lot of connection!
 
Last edited:
Back