Xlink Online Drift Battles

Woah those S2000's in the video sounded like my R/C car. Also those other people were having a hard time staying on the road.

Breaker, while talking to Ryen on MSN, he said the lag was more like a lowered frame rate.

How bad is it?

I'm just thinking.. being a hardcore computer gamer, I don't think I could deal with lag or a low frame rate.

Just curious.

Slurp
Breaker, while talking to Ryen on MSN, he said the lag was more like a lowered frame rate.

How bad is it?

I'm just thinking.. being a hardcore computer gamer, I don't think I could deal with lag or a low frame rate.

Just curious.
the frame rate is like 20fps .... Its pretty bad, I've had one case were my game actually froze at 0 fps then jumped back to 20fps or so like 20 secs later. It was crazy.

Slurp

How bad is it?

Just curious.

I think its just your tolerance for lag. The lag that occurs using xlink is consistent. The Frame rate is consistent enough that I can race and drift as I could with the normal frame rate. I have to adjust my driving a bit but because it is consistent frame rates, driving inputs are predictable if you know what I mean, you will just have to adjust for it. Sounds to me that since you say you are a hardcore gamer, you may not like it. But have you tried it yet? If you have two skilled drivers racing each other, its a lot of fun.

Pretty much all the online games I've played for the PS2 lag the same way. I've gotten used to it because I play a lot of them. (Madden, Nba live, NCAA College Footbal, ESPN Football, etc...) :sly:

Ok, I just thought of this. Let me know if this sounds interesting to anyone or if you are up for a battle. ( you must have xlink of course)

Do a 2 lap drift battle competition. One driver goes first, solo drifting on the track. Then after the first player laps, he stops and lets the second player do a solo drift lap. Then I guess the last lap can just be complete to advance to the replay, where then the person with a video capture card can capture the replay and we uploaded them for judging. This would be more intense in drifting competition because no more will you have all day to make a video, you have to be ready and be able to do right away.

:scared:

:)

BreakerOhio
Ok, I just thought of this. Let me know if this sounds interesting to anyone or if you are up for a battle. ( you must have xlink of course)

Do a 2 lap drift battle competition. One driver goes first, solo drifting on the track. Then after the first player laps, he stops and lets the second player do a solo drift lap. Then I guess the last lap can just be complete to advance to the replay, where then the person with a video capture card can capture the replay and we uploaded them for judging. This would be more intense in drifting competition because no more will you have all day to make a video, you have to be ready and be able to do right away.

:scared:

:)

Once I figure out the setup Breaker, I think that would be a great idea.

BreakerOhio
I think its just your tolerance for lag. The lag that occurs using xlink is consistent. The Frame rate is consistent enough that I can race and drift as I could with the normal frame rate. I have to adjust my driving a bit but because it is consistent frame rates, driving inputs are predictable if you know what I mean, you will just have to adjust for it. Sounds to me that since you say you are a hardcore gamer, you may not like it. But have you tried it yet? If you have two skilled drivers racing each other, its a lot of fun.

Pretty much all the online games I've played for the PS2 lag the same way. I've gotten used to it because I play a lot of them. (Madden, Nba live, NCAA College Footbal, ESPN Football, etc...) :sly:
Its still hard when your wheel's FF cuts out due to the lag but you can always use a controller...

AznInfiltration
Is this really hard to use it looks kinda hard after reading from the websites..btw does a wireless router work?for this instead of an NIC?
yeah ,but its easier to use your pc hooked up to it hardwired.

I just tried Xlink today it worked fine for a few minutes and i got to race some people but now i have a problem..xlink no longer says that my ps2 is hooked up..whats up with this?i didnt touch anything...

Back