Xmas music??? Why PD? WHY!?!?

• Thread starter twitcher
  • 103 comments
Canada
Canada
Just turned on GT6, and the home screen opened up with an ubber cheesy Kenny G style rendition of Jingle Bells :mad: This 🤬 is everywhere...on the radio, in the mall, on TV, and now in GT6 - my escape :lol:

I appreciate the effort on PD's part, but no...please, no more Christmas music!

...I like it...I think is a nice touch by them.

Other games now feel like they "don´t care about you". PD at least put that little touch in the game. (expect a present too)

For the record:

Also in pCARS they released Brands Hatch with a huge Christmas card and Christmas trees at some places.

At Dota 2 the whole map changes and you can see snow and some Christmas decorations as well everywhere.

In Planetside 2 they added some snowball guns (lol) and some snowman at Esamir continent.

Interstellar Marines every year changes the look of their maps with snow, some Christmas trees and presents (well boxes that looks like presents).

(Yup, I play and have all those games)

Then I´m not sure if some more developers do things like these...but it is a nice touch...games feel more "alive".

Just turned on GT6, and the home screen opened up with an ubber cheesy Kenny G style rendition of Jingle Bells :mad: This 🤬 is everywhere...on the radio, in the mall, on TV, and now in GT6 - my escape :lol:

Well thank the maker of all that is holy that there's an option to turn it off in your escape :sly:

This is nothing new, they did it in GT5 as well.

As previously posted, just be happy it's not George Michael. Actually liked the jazzy tunes in GT5 a lot better than the more mainstream stuff provided in the sequel. But then again I'm an old enough fart so I don't have to apologize for good taste any more ;).

Haha I guess I did come across as a Scrooge...I like Christmas and all, but I just get tired of how much the music gets played everywhere for the whole month.

And like I said, I do really appreciate the gesture on PD's part. Only other game I can remember that did that sort of thing around the holidays was WoW.

Back