Xmas music??? Why PD? WHY!?!?

• Thread starter twitcher
  • 103 comments
Just turned on GT6, and the home screen opened up with an ubber cheesy Kenny G style rendition of Jingle Bells :mad: This 🤬 is everywhere...on the radio, in the mall, on TV, and now in GT6 - my escape :lol:

I appreciate the effort on PD's part, but no...please, no more Christmas music!
Remember that you probably have a mute button for your TV. So, feel free to use that if you are unhappy with PD's music choice.

Guess I didn't realize there were so many people out there who have a hard-on for christmas music :lol: "I love christmas music...I shower in that 🤬"

To those who understood the rather poor attempted at social commentary I was making in regards to the over use of christmas music throughout the entire month of December, thank you :)

To those who viewed my comments as simply those of a scrooge who doesn't like christmas, get stuffed!

To the fanboys who viewed my comments as nothing more than "another complaint" about GT6, get off PD's 🤬 already.

And to those who so kindly informed me of music and volume options in the game / on my TV, thank you for saving the day, Captain Obvious.

Differences of opinion aside, I wish nothing but the best to each and every one of you and your families. Merry Decembermas....err, sorry, Christmas...everyone!! :)

i loved it when i heard it along menu yesterday...it was a nice touch that it gave that very special christmas ambiance that mom felt nostalgic while playing it in background. anyone who hated it doesnt have the christmas spirit, or maybe doesnt like the holiday at all :(

btw i liked the ♫Silent Night part there ;)

465834213.png

From Gran Turismo 5, heck... I LOVED that music! In fact, you can look at me funny when I say that I enjoyed listening to the rendition of "Silent Night" even when it wasn't Christmas. I loved both the renditions of "Silent Night" and Yudai Satoh's "Jingle Bells" rendition. Gran Turismo games still have some of the classiest music of almost any game series of any genre. I have truly no problem with these songs or PD including them. Only people who would have a problem would be people who feel like they need to hear hardcore guitar riffs or hardcore screaming (or both) to stay alive.

@Connorman95....Actually, yes I do. And so DID many others during the holiday season:). I was simply stating that it was not necessary to listen to if you didn't like it. Afterall, this is a racing/driving game and you only heard it in the menu screens. If you were racing/driving, you wouldn't have to listen to it;). Shows that PD do try to cater to ALL who play the game, not just a select few.......my opinion of course, I could be wrong. And as a new(er) member, let me just welcome you to:gtplanet: :gtpflag:

I loved it, no complaints here at all. I appreciate the little things that GT offers over other racing games. None is perfect, and I enjoy them all, but this is definitely an aspect where GT stands out.

Kaz, to keep the music, to keep the lights on the trees, to keep the fireworks...To keep the soul and the spirit...

Back