Yet Another ONLINE UPDATE - New Events

These updates are going the wrong way :ouch:, I mean the right way :).

Daytona road is back, yezzzzzz!
woohoo.gif

Shame I liked driving on the stickies for 600PP, but a standing start is excellent.

This is bull 🤬 I can't believe that 750 PP is now the easiest to drive, and 500 PP the hardest to drive. Tyre restrictions are horse crap.

It just means that you wont be able to race a non-tune car competitively since all those spare tyre points will need to be spent on downforce :grumpy:

And it's also going to be more incentive for noobs to hit the 750pp races, which is pretty much a tard resort as it is. Hint to noobs - if you want to learn how to drive - start in a focus or something, continually flying into the concrete wall on the far side of suzuka T1 gravel trap will NOT improve your skills, regardless of how many times you host quit and try again :mad:

And it's also going to be more incentive for noobs to hit the 750pp races, which is pretty much a tard resort as it is. Hint to noobs - if you want to learn how to drive - start in a focus or something, continually flying into the concrete wall on the far side of suzuka T1 gravel trap will NOT improve your skills, regardless of how many times you host quit and try again :mad:

Which in turn adds more fuel to the online is crap/full of punters etc debate

This is bull 🤬 I can't believe that 750 PP is now the easiest to drive, and 500 PP the hardest to drive. Tyre restrictions are horse crap.

I'm actually enjoying 500PP at Daytona Road and 600PP at Suzuka immensely on S2's...... it's a challenge. I've shelved the NSX, that thing is a nightmare, i'm not willing to send myself insane trying to master that on S2's when i can barely drive the thing on R3's.

The F430 and the F40 on the other hand i'll give them a bash.

We all new stuff was going to change today, for better or worse. I'll give the new restrictions a go and then I'll decide whether they are crap or not.

nobody going crazy about the car damaged which i read about in page 1?
I mean thats a big improvement so far and nobody is really talking about that...

Chris

nobody going crazy about the car damaged which i read about in page 1?
I mean thats a big improvement so far and nobody is really talking about that...

Chris

Because it won't happen until Fall. It's kinda old news...

Is it just me, or has anyone else noticed that the F2007 seems harder to drive on R2 tires in the new time challenge than it is on Free Run with S2's? Seems to want to squirm around in slow corners more... particularly on the Eiger circuit.

Another small moan that will probably be shot down with the "Its a challenge" Gun... What is the point in S1 or worse tyre restrictions for the new events? I thought this was a racing game.. pedal to the metal and all that, not 2 or 3mm of throttle travel in case we start taking ballet lessons again.

Having said that, some realism has been lost with the lower tyres handling particulars. Myself, I've never managed to slide a real car sideways doing only 12 miles an hour but maybe its me. I am only a truck driver after all, not a racing driver.... Although I was White Van Courier once and I'm pretty sure my 1.9 Diesel Renault Extra was quicker and more nimble than the Audi R8. To beat the GT Concept, you'd need an Astramax Van of course... one with the air filter taken out.

I've always been a GT series fan but between the over-emphasis on multiplayer smash-fests, idiotic penalty systems, and curious tyre choices, I think PD are either stoned or are suffering from a bad break-up. I recommend some cake and ice-cream then lets fix this thang.

i just put the game in to see what the updates were and started to get a headache switched the ps3 off now.
i think its going to be much harder now for the idiots to ram you off

Tire restrictions are exactly what I was hoping for!!! :D

R3 tires (and lets face it, everyone used R3 tires in the Suzuka Pro 600pp races) have way, way, way to much grip. You might as well be playing on standard physics. I think we'll see a much bigger variety of cars in the field because whether a car is competitive or not will depend on the driver's skill, rather than just slapping R3 tires on a Clio.

Well, i understand PD is testing things and am surprised seeing many new variations of the events, think they might be good fun! Also the combinations of tyres and pp /hp are wisely chosen matching the cars very well imo.👍

What i really wanna see is an unlimited open class, maybe with tyre restriction nothing else, spreading boys from men! (you know what i mean? lol)
I would really like to specialize on a particular car/class(all tracks), find my limits and preferences ...
Unlimited pp but tyre restrictions think about it!💡

Just had a quick crack at expert 600PP Suzuka. Standing starts are a bit of a step back IMHO, as it's near guaranteed that in a big field there's gonna be carnage. But it is pretty fun launching :) The FR's, MR's and FWD's often get left behind from the hard launching (i.e. easy-to-launch) AWD's/4WD's.

Biggest effect is, not surprisingly, the tire change. Makes it much more involved, and requring more skill I reckon. But also not surprisingly, there were quite a fair few Evo's running about :P
I tried both the NSX-R and Evo X (non-tuned) out, and the Evo X was easier to drive, but the NSX-R more engaging.

R3 tires (and lets face it, everyone used R3 tires in the Suzuka Pro 600pp races) have way, way, way to much grip.

I never did, I always used S3 because of detuning/performance points balance.

Perhaps that's where I was going wrong? :lol:

R3 tires (and lets face it, everyone used R3 tires in the Suzuka Pro 600pp races) have way, way, way to much grip. You might as well be playing on standard physics. I think we'll see a much bigger variety of cars in the field because whether a car is competitive or not will depend on the driver's skill, rather than just slapping R3 tires on a Clio.

I couldn't agree more with you!:cheers:

That makes me even more proud of my driving in the suzuka 600pp races:sly: I've always been using a Lexus/Opera 350z/Tuned Skyline Coupe with S3 tyres in this event. This change will only affect people who used any kind of racing tyre.

PD seem to using these tyre restrictions to create a better simulation:idea: The cars that are usually in the 500pp races are cars that you see everyday on the way to work. Driving them using racing tyres does ruin the simulation of driving them so I think this is a move for the better.

Likewise, the cars around 600pp (Audi R8, Viper GTS, DB9,GT-R and the cars above) are cars that are spoilt when driven using these tyres. It takes the fun out of them IMO

Welcome back Daytona RC and Fuji F:):)

I never did, I always used S3 because of detuning/performance points balance. Perhaps that's where I was going wrong? :lol:

That makes me even more proud of my driving in the suzuka 600pp races:sly: I've always been using a Lexus/Opera 350z/Tuned Skyline Coupe with S3 tyres in this event. This change will only affect people who used any kind of racing tyre.

Haha, that's funny. I've also been using the Tuned 350Z on S3 tires, even though I know it can't keep up with a Clio or WRX on R3s. I tried a WRX on R1s, and it was two seconds a lap faster than the 350Z on S3s. Where's the fun in that?

I just found out I'm going out for a meal tonite :banghead: 🤬 🤬 :censored:ing 🤬

Does this require a software update or will it be good to play when I get back from faking food poisoning?

It works right away, no updates. Think of it like a different set of rooms to choose from like the good old days of online gaming.

Yeah I was hoping that would be the case but I figured I'd better check just in case they'd decided to roll out a patch at the same time

Yea i thought it might be the same when i saw the news, evidently not. S2s was a great idea for 600PP Suzuka as is standing starts, my first race had no major contact from any of the 9 drivers in the race.

S2s was a great idea for 600PP Suzuka as is standing starts, my first race had no major contact from any of the 9 drivers in the race.

How did you manage that? I've just come off doing a round of Suzuka 600PP and was bashed off at the first corner in every single race... mostly by Imprezzas and Evos, which seem to have suddenly become very popular since the update. No more Ballistic Cleos...

Actually, since moaning earlier, I have found racing on S2s to be very rewarding. If you get to finish a race that is. Or can manage to stay out of the way until the dodgems have all run themselves off.

And where are all the GTP guys? Haven't seen any at Suzuka today.

tuned cappucino eiger is pretty nice
if all the car specific races had a pro physics room aswell it would be muuuch better
I like having the races when all the cars/setup are identical

I completely agree with you. I tried it last night at Fuji and it was a blast having to actually use partial throttle for extended periods rather than just stomping on it. This will definitely show the skills of the drivers not only to set fast lap times but also to avoid contact.

I always run with 0 traction control because it's a fun challenge but my guess is that, with the tire restrictions, many will become frustrated and crank up the TCS cheat factor. I wish PD would disable TCS for these Pro events, or at least make that an adjustable option if/when private rooms come.

I wish PD would disable TCS for these Pro events, or at least make that an adjustable option if/when private rooms come.

Well when we have private rooms we will probably be able to communicate before hand through PSN to tell people to turn the TCS off.

I completely agree with you. I tried it last night at Fuji and it was a blast having to actually use partial throttle for extended periods rather than just stomping on it. This will definitely show the skills of the drivers not only to set fast lap times but also to avoid contact.

I always run with 0 traction control because it's a fun challenge but my guess is that, with the tire restrictions, many will become frustrated and crank up the TCS cheat factor. I wish PD would disable TCS for these Pro events, or at least make that an adjustable option if/when private rooms come.

TCS only slows you down anyway so its not much of a cheat really.

I'll reserve judgement on the changes until I've played, but the new tyre restrictions don't look promising. Good to see Daytona Road back though.

Back