Yet Another Race Story! A Story in 30 Parts

• Thread starter Rykon Zero
  • 271 comments
No, because that wouldn't even be a contest. The van would be back at the start line before the GT rounded the first left-hander... :D

DANIEL'S CAR WAS BURNED TO A CRISP ON A BACK ROAD IT DOES NOT EXIST AS A RUF ANY LONGER.

It is an ex-Porsche! It is no more!
Two things:
Is it a coincedence that the race against Kurt is being held where the RUF was crashed, burned, and destroyed?💡
The second thing (and the reasoning for the above) is that the photo where the RUF is losing it is at Nurburgring, right?
I recognize the part of the track from the license test there.:):sly:

Yeah, it's a coincidence. I wanted a leafy back road, and there's a remarkable lack of them in GT. It was either Deep Forest or Nurburgring, and I figured I'd find a better spot at the 'ring.

And another thing. The final stand is not at the 'Ring.

I'm pretty sure you guys could have figured out what the "secret weapon" was the moment you knew it existed.

Ah, you'll see in two chapters.

EDIT: Actually, I might not be able to get a clean ending like I was hoping, I'll have to go work tomorrow and I'll be unable to write because I'll be off at my great grandmother's house.

"Kyoko, I love you."

"Wah! That came out of nowhere!"

Just noticed this, is the colour coding wrong or is Kyoko just declaring love for herself in the third person due to fear or something? :P

And now I'm going back and re-reading all the older chapters to figure out what the secret weapon is >_>

T-T-T-TYPO

When writing a novel without an editor, you have a tendency to get typos and incorrect information.

EDIT: So, yeah. I won't be able to have this story done within the week, I'll be roofing.

Last edited:
Damn, just when I thought this story couldn't get any crazier, you bring in a tranny. Nice.

T-T-T-TYPO

When writing a novel without an editor, you have a tendency to get typos and incorrect information.

EDIT: So, yeah. I won't be able to have this story done within the week, I'll be roofing.

Speaking of typos, did you notice the thread title says it's a 2nd chapter 27? :sly: Hehe, won't matter much once the next chapter is out though. :D

Hey guys, did you know that it takes four days to re-roof a house? And also, when it's only you and your brother taking it off, it sucks in 100 degree weather? And that when you not only have no access to internet, but to no GT for a five day period, your nerves start to fray?

The point is, I'm back, I'll be finishing the next chapter, and I hope to have it up by tomorrow. Sorry about the delay, look forward to David and Kurt battling it out on the Green Hell!

Hey guys, did you know that it takes four days to re-roof a house?

Just be glad is wasn't Polyphony Digital Roofers with foreman Kazunori Yamauchi doing the work. It would have been the greatest roof work ever done, but it would have taken 5 years.

Hey guys, did you know that it takes four days to re-roof a house?
I found out last month that it takes two days to strip all the wallpaper in a small bathroom with dimensions of 6ft-by-5ft. Somehow I'm traumatised by it.

Chapter 29: They Called The Wind Rinehart​

"13 miles long, 154 turns, elevation changes up the yin-yang and claiming more racer's lives than an F1 race on the moon. The Nurburgring Nordschleife. The masters of this track remain in danger to this day. If you're not a master of this track, you can't hope to win."

Jason was reading off the manual for drivers.

"Rather pessimistic, isn't it?"

"You're up against the fastest man in history, I'd be pessimistic too."

We found our way to the Nurburgring. I took a few laps around in the Life Step van. This course is not a race course, it's a glorified driving road. It's simply too huge to consider a track, yet back in the day, this was home to F1. Even now, the Formula GT has stations everywhere in case a crash happens. the course is so vast, that even after tracing it around using the unbreakable will mode, I can't remember all of it. And that's even with driving around it several times in video games. After I finished my last lap, I pulled out to a diner in Nurburg.

"He's chosen a very, very bad track for you. you're able to adjust to a track a lap after completing it the first time, but not this one. This track is far too huge for you to possibly memorize it."

"Yeah, I know. And he's not going to be lenient on his car choice either. I'm going to have to give this my all if I even want to see him at the end. I'll need miracles to make this work."

"No, I think you'll be able to do it."

"What? Really?"

"It's a two lap race, but it's a two lap race around a really big track. If you find yourself behind, all you have to do is just learn Kurt's line along the way!"

"It's actually not that easy. More often than not, I need to have a clear mind in order to absorb a racing line and style, so I can't do it on the road. If I've acquired the skills I need to win, then that's it."

"Right now, you're seriously right on par with Kurt. You might win, but you might not. These are better odds than with your race against the Skyline at Tsukuba at least."

"But we don't know that. I don't know what kind of car he's going to choose. Mine might not be a challenge."

"What car are you choosing?"

"The MR2."

"What?!"

"The MR2 for a race against the fastest? Are you crazy?"

"You don't think I've left it stock, do you?"

"You've modified it?"

"Ooh yeah. There's a reason I haven't used it until now, it wasn't ready. It is now."

"What have you done to it?"

"Tons of stuff. Racing muffler, racing suspension, NA tune up, serious weight reduction, a huge rear wing to add downforce, and the gem in the crown, a brand new set of racing tires."

"But that stuff's expensive! How could you have gotten that much money?!"

"I... Sold the RSC. I got the 250 thousand dollars or so from it, and used that on the MR2."

"Didn't you want to save up for that race car?"

"Andrea said I can always go race for another one."

I made a little wink.

"Well, it was your car. Even still, is it fast enough to actually compete?"

"Oh yeah, it's able to compete. It's faster than almost anything else in my inventory."

"What's faster?"

"The secret weapon. By far."

"How much money do you have left over?"

"About 100,000."

"Can I have it?"

"No.

I took a sip of coffee. This coffee is pretty good.

"So, when was Kurt supposed to meet up with us?"

"At one. In the last week, think you got enough practice?"

"Yeah. I just need a prayer right now."

The clock showed 12:45. I wonder how he's going to show up.

"How fast, exactly, is your weapon?"

"My lap time around Grand Valley short, while I was basically screwing around, was 1:11. That's faster than every other record short of race cars other than my secret weapon. It's fast."

"But it still has a fatal flaw..."

At that moment, we were interrupted by a tremendous noise. It sounded like a four cylinder engine with a turbo. The sound stopped, and so did our conversation. What walked in was the man I was expecting the whole time.

"Hello, David. Glad to see you didn't wimp out."

"I never wimp out. Are you ready for our battle?"

"I assume you'll be driving that MR2 outside? It looks different from the last time I saw it, did you modify it?"

"Yes, that is the car I'll be driving, and yes, I've modified it. I assume you saw it when you sent it to be crushed a few weeks ago, right?"

"Crushed? I'd never do such a thing. I saw it had a wing and some racing slicks on it, I assume it's also pumping out about 200 hp and it's been hollowed out, right?"

Kurt really is a monster, damn.

"Yep, 211 hp, and about 900 KG."

"Good. I think my Evo VI T.M.E should work fine."

Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI Tommi Makinen Edition. The Evo is very often considered the better of the rally twins, and for good reason. The Evo has always been the technological of the bunch. But the T.M.E is also considered one of the best of the Evos. Tuned to near perfection, the T.M.E is easily in the legendary category, with the Nissan Skyline V-Spec. It has very little flaws, and my MR2 is going to get a work out here.

"I think it'll be fine too. When do you want to race?"

"Well, we just need to have the GT Association fill out the paperwork, close off the 'Ring, and enter the four other racers."

All GT association races have six racers on a normal track, or two on rally and road rally courses. The Nurburgring counts as a normal track, so it absolutely needs six racers. It seems Kurt's brought out some EX class racers today.

"Want some coffee?"

"Sure."

It was no more than five minutes before a race admin came out and told us to get on the track. That's fine.

"David."

"Yes?"

"Good luck."

Kyoko kissed me.

"Thank you, I'll need it."

I walked out to the MR2, and drove on to the track.

FINALE1-1.jpg

The Nurburgring is a fairly high speed track, punctuated by every single type of corner. You HAVE to know your stuff if you want any hope of getting around this track. I'm all set for this track, but the problem is the car. It's lighter, more powerful, and has a hell of a lot more downforce, plus the sticky as hell tires. This car was reasonably twitchy before, it's turned up to 11 here. I have to stay on the ball to keep the car on the road. Luckily for me, if there's two people in the world who can do that, I'm one of them. Rather unluckily for me, though, I'm racing against the other one. I was shaken from my little monologue by a radio crackle.

"Racers, proceed to start line."

This meant the race was on. We go about 40 MPH until we hit the start line, then we're free to do whatever. And we hit the line, now.

FINALE1-2.jpg

The Lotus Carlton evidently only had an EX class racer, I passed him on the first corner, partly in thanks to the awesome handling of the MR2.

FINALE1-3.jpg

The Audi posed a slightly higher challenge. Slightly. Like, difference between Eggshell and Cream Supreme slightly.

FINALE1-4.jpg

The Corvette and Merc were battling each other, and got in my way. Kind of irritating, considering neither of them can compete with me.

FINALE1-5.jpg

Still passed them with relative ease. I'm pretty sure Kyoko could take these guys on. Wait, that means Kyoko's one of the best in the world. Damn it, what have I created?!

FINALE1-6.jpg

I finally managed to catch up to Kurt. It seems he was almost... Waiting for me. I thought that, mainly because after I caught up, I was completely unable to pass him.

FINALE1-7.jpg

Every time I tried to pass him, he went a little faster to compensate. When I tried to unleash my late braking maneuver, slip into his inside, and take the lead, he'd brake just late enough to block me, and set himself up for the next corner.

FINALE1-8.jpg

I found an opening in his line, pushed through, then realized he didn't make a mistake, he was setting up for the up coming straight, and flew past me.

"Goddamn it all!"

FINALE1-9.jpg

I should be faster on the corners- Much faster. But Kurt, somehow, made up for it by being faster everywhere. He could brake as late as me, and pull out faster than me. We were evenly matched with Kurt having a worse car. I was no longer the underdog.

FINALE1-10.jpg

Our positions never changed. I take an aggressive route, Kurt blocks all of my advances, and smooths out his line at the same time. Be cool and passive, and Kurt drives slightly faster than me. Be a combination, and Kurt unleashes the demon inside himself and pulls away.

FINALE1-11.jpg

A lap goes by, and I realize he's already figured out my weakness- high speed stability, or the lack thereof.

FINALE1-12.jpg

I had no choice now. I was nearing the end of the last lap, and I still hadn't taken the lead. I really had no choice. I brought out Unbreakable Will mode, and using the enhanced perception and clearer thinking, I stole the lead.

FINALE1-13.jpg

Kurt whipped out a quick overtake on the home straight, but that was no problem, I could get it back in the last few corners if I really fight for it. Then I realized a fatal mistake.

FINALE1-14.jpg

I had given my car racing tires, because they're very sticky, and thus I can go very fast. I'd never have competed without them on this race, but it had a fatal flaw. Racing tires are sticky because when they get warm, the molecules literally stick to the ground. The reason for this being a problem, is that racing tires happen to wear out rather fast. I'm racing on a very, very long course, so the tires will wear out after a few laps here. I've done two. The rear tires are worn out now, giving me near zero grip.

Kurt won this one. I almost pulled it off, but he won. Damn it, I was hoping to dethrone him here.

FINALE1-15.jpg

Erm, wall. I'm travelling toward it at roughly 30 mph, so I should be fine, but it'll be a side collision, and I've gotten rid of the safety features, so it's going to be very dangerous. Ah, but I've also put in racing safety fea-

======

"That little bastard almost did it. I think he crashed back there, I hope he's alright."

Because if he dies, I'll have to find another one like him, and that's a lot of people I have to kill. He almost beat me, I think if the tires hadn't given out on him... Nah, he's still too slow. No one is as fast as my beloved Daniel... No one.

======

I think... I think I know how to do it. I need to run a few calculations, emulate Kurt's thinking, I think I know where his flaw is. I can beat him.

======

Three days later

======

"He's waking up now. Thank god he's alright."

"Uh, didn't we do the whole 'waking up out of a coma' thing before?"

"Yeah, and he had a hell of a power-up after that. I wonder what it's like this time?"

Uh, Jason, and Kyoko. That's right. I opened my eyes, and I saw a familiar sight, a hospital. Okay, What happened?

"You crashed, David."

Oh damn. That's why my head hurts.

"How long have I been out?"

"Three days, based on the little section divider thingy up there."

"I lost."

"Yeah, you lost. But you can always do a rematch. I think he'll let you."

Man, I lost again. I hate this, I was also in a better position, my MR2 was fas-

"Crap, how's the MR2?"

"Utterly totaled. The chassis was bent in many places, and some sections were clean snapped. the body was crumpled, the interior was caved in, the engine was thrown from the car and caught on fire, and, the gas tank ruptured, spilling fuel all over the track. Without your harness and helmet, you might have died there."

"It was only 30 mph, how could it have been totaled?"

"Uh, the Corvette was right behind you."

FINALE1-16.jpg

"Oh. Whoops."

Damn, not only did I lose, but I lost the car I worked all of this for? This sucks, I loved that car! That car brought me through thick and thin, and through my first race with a true master. That car... It's like part of my family.

"We... Managed to recover your items from the car, but all we could recover from the car itself was the gear knob."

"Thank you guys."

They always think about me. I'll have to return the favor after all this is over.

"Uh, here."

Jason threw a round object at me. I caught it with surprisingly bad reactions, considering I've not moved in a few days, and found it was the gear shifter from the MR2. It was a custom one I had put on, it was mostly round, and it had a huge gash in it, presumably from the crash. I almost feel bad for the Corvette driver, but I don't because he's evil. After thinking all of this, Andrea walked into the room.

"Finally awake I see. So, you lost. Do you still want to beat Kurt?"

"Oh, yeah, of course."

"What?"

"I've had a bit of time to think about his driving, and I've figured out how to beat him. I just need a very fast car."

"How have you figured out how to beat him in such short notice?!"

"I'm a legendary. All I need is a very fast car."

"Well, that's a good thing you've got your secret weapon."

"But what if you crash?"

"I'll race him around a shorter circuit, tire wear won't be an issue. It also doesn't have racing tires, so that's a problem out the window. I just need sharp, angular corners, and sudden elevation changes. Something like a city circuit."

I thought for a moment, then a smile crossed my face.

"Seattle Circuit. My home."

======

End of chapter 29. We're really nearing the end of the story, the secret weapon is revealed next chapter!

Awesome chapter! Can't wait to see what the secret weapon is.

Too bad about the mr2

The MR2 is indeed gone, but at least it got it's super power-up at the end, coupled with being driven on automotive Mecca.

I suppose that's not a bad way to go.

When I die I want to die in a cool way too.
Like a native american shooting me with a bow and arrow perhaps.

:lol: @ Maj.
Love Seattle Circuit. Can't wait for the next chapter (and the secret weap, no doubt).

Yeah, it will be revealed tomorrow. Hopefully, it'll live up to your expectations, because it is currently one of the fastest cars in my current GT save, not counting the race cars.

Excellent chapter, Kurt seems like one hell of a driver. But what happened to his Ford GT from a few chapters ago?

Dang it, I predicted he would lose, and he did! :grumpy: Well I predict he'll win the next one. So there. I'm itching to find out what the secret weapon is, but the Blue Wedge is gone! NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

I have an idea of what the "secret weapon" is.
It's something that Sarah Palin wants to fire at China, i.e. a nuke.

Chapter 30: Finally, the Finale
One Week Later

======

"Sir, I've been given a message from a challenger."

"Send the normal reply, they need to challenge all the captains. Even if they've done it before, they need to do it again."

"Sir, they did. In one day. They beat all the captains."

"What?! Who was it?!"

"Sir... David Johnson, sir."

"He's back, already?"

He went and beat all of my captains again. If he just contacted me, I'd have challenged him simply up front. Was he trying to show off his power? There's only been one person to challenge me twice, Daniel. He succeeded the second time. Could he be...?

"How close were these races?"

"They weren't. Each captain was beaten by several seconds. Each one, even Butch, didn't stand a single chance according to bystanders. But there's more."

"What's this now?"

"He beat your one lap record, right?"

"Yeah, but that was probably a fluke."

"Not this time. He beat all of your records. Each one."

"Even in the GT?"

"Even in the GT."

That... That can't be right. The GT is my fastest car, how could he beat the times? I've got perfect technique and a perfect line, it can't be right.

"Not only that, but he did it with one second to spare."

"No. I won't accept this. I won't accept it!"

*Bang*

"Just a week, how could he have managed that?! Only Daniel did anything near that. No one can beat Daniel, no one!"

"Sir, what was that noise? Oh god!"

"You... I can't remember your name. Get in here. You're being promoted to my secretary. Clean up this mess, dispose of the body somewhere. I don't really care, just don't get caught."

"Uh, yes sir..."

Let's see that letter, then. Nicely folded, beautiful font. I challenge you, blah blah blah, Seattle Circuit, blah blah, Bring your GT. You'll need it. That's interesting.

======

I pulled into the pit lane after a good track session. My MR2 is gone now, but my new weapon is much more fitting for me.

"David, we got a letter back from Kurt, he accepts all your terms. He's going to be here tomorrow."

"Thank you for that. Did you want a turn in my car?"

"Are you kidding? I'd kill myself in an instant if I drove that thing. I can't believe you drive that thing that fast."

"Well, it can hit 210 no problem, and accelerate 0-60 in 3.5. I guess it's fast."

"Guess? Most supercars can't go that fast."

"Point. So, Kurt's going to be here in a day? I better get the line up sorted."

I lost to Kurt over a week ago. After my loss, and losing the MR2, I figured out a style that might help. I was able to completely copy Kurt's line, and after a bit of practicing, I found a flaw in both it, and his logic. I could probably beat him now, just using knowledge of his line, but he owes me. I'm going to utterly destroy him. Andrea said I probably just have to challenge him, because I'm good enough, but I went and gathered up all the captains in one area, and in one fell swoop, utterly annihilated them all. Even the lap times, I beat. All, except for some of L.Tracer's, my father's. He was still a good quarter second faster than me, but that's all I need.

"Yo, brought the Cola. Wow, I'm never going to get used to seeing that car."

"My mother's a wonderful person. She saved up and bought this for me, and I can tell you it's not cheap, especially with the mods she's put on it."

"Why did she get that one for you?"

"Well, you see, my father had a BTR, why not get me an RGT?"

FINALE2-1.jpg

"There's that irony thing again. You seem to enjoy it."

"Oh, yeah."

======

This is where he lived, eh? Seattle. It's supposedly a rainy place, but today, it's nice and clear. If he didn't run away from me, he'd be able to watch a sunset like this with his family. But he might have done that already... I need to ask him this time, this David.

======

"I got a call from Kurt, he's here, and he wants to start the race as soon as possible."

"Alright, I just got to put on this coat."

"What are you wearing, anyway?"

Since I had one hell of an upgrade while I was asleep, and I ironed out the flaws in this last week, I figured I'd do something a little interesting. I put on a black tuxedo and a black dress shirt, to form something not unlike what Luke Skywalker wore in Episode VI. There's no point to it, other than to look so incredibly awesome, space time warps for me. Which is probably how warp-drives will work in this universe.

"Just a suit portraying how much ass I can kick now."

"YEEAAAHHH!"

"T-T-T-TOTALLY DUDE!"

"Contact the other racers I've called here. The race starts in two minutes."

I walked out to my CTR. My father owned the BTR, and that car was the one I learned on. My mom bought me a RUF RGT in exactly the same color, and modified it to hell and back. It now makes 558 hp, has a snazzy tuned suspension, and new rims. That's really all it needed, but my mom also had it tuned to perfection. It's been slightly softened for road use, but the suspension's been optimized with that in mind, and can now turn a lap faster than anything else I've ever driven. Even the old BTR.

I drove out on to the track, and pulled over to the side to wait for the opponents. I've been destined to take up the rear in a race, and that's absolutely fine with me. I got out of the car to greet Kurt. I also brought my mom to sit in the grandstands, so she can watch what I do. I waved at her, and she waved back, until the GT came up to the line.

FINALE2-2.jpg

"There you are. It was a rather abrupt invitation you sent me."

"I'm glad to see you didn't wimp out."

"Ha. I see you've also decked yourself out for battle this time. I hope you don't fail me this time."

"I'd never fail anyone."

"I also see you've got a RUF here. That's why you told me to bring the GT. Nice car choice."

"I thought so too."

This is a little mental revenge here, and soon, I'll get some physical revenge.

======

Such insolence! Daniel was driving a RUF BTR when I had him killed- Why? What is he trying to prove here? I'm still the better driver, and only Daniel will ever be better!

======

I got into the RGT and watched the other drivers fill in the remaining area. I made sure the other cars were high class sports cars, or supercars. We had a McLaren SLR, a car I'm very familiar with. Next was a Pagani Zonda, a very cool supercar. The concept Audi R8, or the Le Mans Quattro, was next, befuddling me with why someone brought a very expensive concept car to a crashy race, a Saleen S7, Some of the best America can offer, and Kurt, in the GT, with the sexiest America can offer. Poor car doesn't even realize what a monster is behind the wheel. We did a warm up lap, just to get the tires to operable temperature, and as soon as we swung around the last chicane, all cars were lined up for the start.

FINALE2-11.jpg

As soon as I crossed the line, my unrelenting onslaught began. I passed the McLaren on the first corner.

FINALE2-3.jpg

This car had a nostalgic feeling. Understeer under throttle, oversteer without and under braking. Not to mention god-like corner exit traction, which is exactly what I need in this race. This car mirrored the basic traits of Dad's old BTR, without the really dangerous ones, and that makes this car easily one of the fastest.

"You're doing good David, I hope you like the modifications."

My mom's voice crackled over the radio.

"They're excellent, mom. Thank you so much."

The Zonda was taken on the second corner.

FINALE2-4.jpg

Both the Saleen and the R8 were taken on the fourth corner. I think I may have ascended to god-hood here.

FINALE2-5.jpg

But that left only Kurt. I caught up with him, and he tried the familiar tactics. But this time, they weren't impossible. I knew exactly how he did them, precisely how to execute them, and most importantly, how to defeat them. I just needed the right time.

FINALE2-6.jpg

The GT had more torque, coupled with the same amount of power, the back straight wasn't where I'd get him.

FINALE2-7.jpg

I flipped the switch on the radio.

"Hey, Kurt."

"Yes, what is it? Ready to give up?"

"No, I just wanted to ask you something."

"Well, what is it?"

"Do you know why, despite being worse for dynamics, the RR drive configuration still exists today?"

"Better corner exit grip, no?"

"That is exactly why."

FINALE2-8.jpg

"What?! How di-"

I flipped the switch on the radio. I figured out Kurt's weakness while racing him, but I didn't realize it until later. He has trouble with corner exit speeds. He drives an Evo because the AWD configuration hides the poor throttle control. All I needed to ace him, in addition to knowing his line, was to get him in a car with relatively little rear grip, either a FWD, or a supercar with issues keeping it's rear in check. And, because I've never been a very nice person, I combined that with my secret weapon, the RUF RGT, with it's incredible corner exit grip, to make this not just a battle, but a curbstomp battle against the fastest man in the world. The only thing I needed in addition was elevation changes that make the rear end a little skittish, and a track made of sharp, 90 degree corners.

I began to pull away from Kurt.

FINALE2-9.jpg

Some might say this was me taking advantage of the conditions, if maybe I didn't choose the track, but I of all people knew, even Kurt likely knew, that even if I was somewhere else, on a different track, if we went to the Nurburgring again, I'd still win. I know how the fastest man drives, and I improved on that. I took his ability, fitted it to my own, and improved on it. I am the embodiment of a positive feedback loop, I am the man who could single handedly propel man to the stars. But I am now using it to race. I don't have a problem with that and neither should you.

FINALE2-10.jpg

I had this won on the first lap. There wasn't a damn thing anyone could do about it, and when I crossed the finish line on the second lap, Kurt was nowhere to be seen. I pulled into the pits, and my friends came out to greet me.

"Incredible, David! Molto bene! I can't believe you did that! I thought you'd win, but I thought it would still be a close race!"

"You kidding me? Kurt's line's full of holes, I just had to fill them up, and add a touch of insanity."

"You did it!"

Kyoko ran up and hugged me.

"You wily little ****-face, you really managed it. Great work. I expect a little training from you."

"Why? You won't improve any."

"Screw you man."

Jason gave me a high five and a handshake.

"I knew you could do it."

"I better not be left out of the loop."

"Get over here Tatsuya. you were my encouragement for the first few races. Without you, I'd be floundering around like a sissy. Actually, without all your guys' help, I'd never had made it to begin with, even Andrea's A-hole training regime."

"Hey, aren't you going to introduce me to your friends?"

"Oh, sorry mom."

My mom came walking out of the shadows. She got dressed up nicely, I'm glad.

"Mom, this is Tatsuya. He helped us out when we went to Japan."

"Nice to meet you, ma'am."

"You've already met, Jason, so here's Kyoko."

"Nice to meet you mom- er, I mean ma'am."

Kyoko blushed very vibrantly.

"She's cute, you should get with her."

"Already on that, mom."

"Good, I'd like to have grand kids."

Kyoko blushed yet more.

"This is Andrea, I presume you've met him before?"

"Andrea... Wait, years ago, didn't you-"

"Buy your Renault 5? Yes."

"Did she get you far? How was she?"

"She got me very far, and she's fine. Still in my care, but with a few hundred more horsepower. I think you'd be proud of her."

Andrea pointed to a parking space with an old blue hatchback.

"My Renault! Can I drive her? Please!?"

"Go right ahead."

Andrea escorted my mom over to the Renault, where she more than gladly hopped in the driver's seat and drove off.

"Well, that's an interesting sight. Never seen her get that excited over anything."

"It's like her child came back to her after 20 years. Or her child beat the man who killed her lover at his own game."

He winked at me. As soon as he did that, a man came walking up to us.

"Was that Karin of Aria? I knew it! I knew that woman had kids. David Johnson, I'd like to speak with you."

"I'd be glad."

I waved over to my friends, then walked away with Kurt to a secluded little alley.

"So, you're Daniel's son, eh?"

"Yep. The one and only."

"I knew you improved way too fast. How come I never knew you existed?"

"My father sent me into the woods after you sent some men to kill him. Your guys didn't expect to find me, so they didn't."

"Damn, there were witnesses. So, what do you want to do with me? Want to turn me in?"

"Only one thing. I want you to stop doing crimes, and turn the Solar Flares into a legitimate operation."

"Th... Thank you, I guess?"

"You are in my debt."

"I... See. May I offer you something, then?"

"What is it?"

Kurt pulled a badge from his pocket.

"I would like to have you join the Solar Flares. You, being the second man to ever beat me, have earned the role of "Ace of the Flares." Your own team, would of course be allowed to join the Solar Flares with similar ranking."

"Hmm, I'd have to think about it..."

I put my hand on my chin.

"...Nah."

"What?!"

"Nah. I like my current team. I want my team and my friends under my protection."

"But... I can hire body guards, free flights, expensive cars! Why?!"

"They're my friends, and I don't think they'd appreciate this."

I started to walk away.

"Nothing?! Not even women? Drugs?!"

"Nope. I'm good, thank you, though."

"...No..."

"Hmm?"

"Why... Why do all you run away from me?!"

Kurt got really, really pissed. If I had to describe him right now, it'd be 'crazy'."

"First you, then your son. Why? Why?! How long must I look for a successor?! I need someone!"

"Uh, I'll just go now."

I got about 20 feet away, when Kurt called to me.

"David."

"Yes?"

"I won't let your ability go to anyone else."

*BANG**BANG**BANG*

======

"Did you hear that?"

"Sounded like gunfire."

"I think it came from where David and Kurt went, we have to go see what happened!"

*POW*

"That was David's gun, we have to hurry!"

======

"AAAGH-!!"

Oh crap. I heard three explosions from behind me, and I knew something was up. I tried to take another step, but I couldn't. My leg collapsed beneath me. The sound I heard was a .45. It fired off three shots at me, and while that may be a very bad thing, I survived. What was bad, though, was that all of the bullets entered my left calf muscle. One bullet pretty much detonated the muscle, another one destroyed the bone, and the last one took out what remained. People say a bullet can feel like a slap, but not this. This hurt like a bitch, because my body knew exactly what was going on, and that it wasn't supposed to happen. I curled up on the ground, grasping at my destroyed leg.

"Looks like I have to kill another champion. It's a shame."

Kurt aimed the gun at my head. It was blatantly obvious he was going to kill me if I didn't do anything.

"I'll- *gasp* tell you what's a shame. *gasp* I couldn't change you."

I pulled my little .22 pistol from my back pocket. It wasn't much, could probably only be used for target practice or bird shooting. But none the less, it's a gun, it fires a piercing projectile, and at point blank, it's a deadly weapon. I aimed the pistol at Kurt's head, and pulled the trigger. I heard a weight hitting the ground before I succumbed to blood loss.

======

End of Yet Another Race Story. That's really only the end of the chapters, there's going to be an epilogue.

So, everyone, post comments and ratings. I had a lot of fun writing this story, and you can pretty much guarantee I'll be working on a sequel to this, maybe with a proper name this time.

Back