Yet Another Race Story! A Story in 30 Parts

• Thread starter Rykon Zero
  • 271 comments
Whoa, that was awesome man! 👍
This story is definitely one of the best on here!
Shame it ended, but it's for the best.

You 🤬 scared me, Stig! David dieing... that would not be a nice GTP anniversary for me :nervous:.

Nah, he's not dead. He just had his leg blown off by artillery class weaponry, and he is bleeding rather badly, but his friends are already on the way. He's more or less fine, but the epilogue will fill in the interesting information.

This story was definately in the top 3 at GTP, and hopefully you'll be writing more, especially when GT5 comes out. 👍 The ending was oddly similar to COD4's though. :odd:

I'm in the same boat, Stig.

This story was a joy to read, and I might just read it again after the epilogue is finished.👍

This story wasn't just epic. This was "Moon Over The Castle" epic. There's no way in hell I can match that standard.

Yet Another Race Story: Epilogue​

Aaaaaand, I'm awake. I seem to be in a hospital for some reason. Oh, yeah, crazed psychopath. Well, he managed to shoot off my leg, and I assume what ever surgery they've done is done. Moment of truth is... Now!

"Eeeeh..."

I looked down at my legs, and saw one was quite shorter than the other. I tried to move my left foot, but there was nothing to move.

"Damn. Well, at least it was my left foot."

"Ah, you're up."

"Doc, your text is surprisingly hard to read."

"Can be. So, your leg. I assume that's what's on your mind?"

"Yep. More or less. Why isn't it there, to be precise."

"The three bullets absolutely tore your leg to pieces. It would have needed miracles to put it back on, so we didn't. It was disconnected two thirds the way down your calf, so I figured that a simple prosthetic should still work fine with racing in your mind. Worst case scenario, strap your foot to the clutch."

"Ah, I see. Thank you."

Huh. That actually went a lot better than I hoped. He's right, I can just tape the foot to the clutch. I think this could still work.

"David! I'm so sorry, they couldn't save your leg..."

Kyoko ran up from nowhere and started crying in my lap.

"Don't worry, Kyoko. They said I'd still be fine racing. You did your best, just calm down."

Kyoko stopped crying, and appeared to have fallen asleep on my lap. Whatever.

"Well, now that you've got the 'black knight' thing going on there, now what are you going to do? I heard the Solar Flares are dissolving now they have no ace. A ton of the racing members actually applied with the Black Suns, I thought we should accept them."

"Very well, I can't see any problem with that. We need to hire a training instructor, though."

"I'll do that, thank you very much."

Andrea walked into the room.

"Are you sure?"

"I've got nothing left to give, yeah, I'm sure. I hope you can accept an old man like me into the Black Suns."

"You aren't old, man. You're welcome."

"And me?"

"Dude, you don't have to ask. You're in."

"Sweet!"

"So, what's on your agenda?"

"After I get all healed up, I was thinking I'd do a few races here and there, make some money, do more races. Any other questions?"

"No, not really."

"Good."

"Well, I hope we succeed in our endeavors, then."

"I'm there. Of course we'll succeed."

======

After David was discharged, and he got a new, mechanical leg, he went back to the racing world. His fake leg was no problem. He worked his way up the ranks, and in just a year, he had beaten all of the touring car races around the world. He managed to buy a black Mazda 787B off a shady guy on the black market, and using that, he won the 24 hours of LeMans. As soon as he stepped off the podium, he proposed to Kyoko. They got married in a month. David filled out all of the races in the GT association's agenda, and after having a child with Kyoko, named Daniel, David dominated the Formula GT. David had the second highest win to loss record of any driver in the GT association. Second only to an L. Tracer.

Kyoko managed to juggle a married life with David, and taking care of Daniel. After winning the Formula GT, David unofficially retired, and spent his time helping Kyoko, because it's not like they couldn't live a fair amount of their lives with the sheer amount of money they earned. David, still with the racing bug, led the Black Suns, and helped train many members personally. Kyoko also did many, many races, and was the second fastest in the Black Suns. The Black Suns were known the world over as the fastest racing team in the world.

Jason joined the Black Suns, and upon entry, was immediately given control of the endurance race teams. Jason spent a large amount of time doing endurance races, training other members, and crashing into a wall on the Mulsanne straight like an idiot. He got married to the as of yet unnamed girl from a few chapters ago, and you aren't going to get a name either.

Tatsuya was given control of the rally teams. Under direct guidance of Andrea, they both became of near equal ability. The two of them trained many racers, many who entered the WRC or went on to do the Paris-Dakar or the California Baja. David was still able to beat Tatsuya.

Ken Matsumoto began a racing career anew, with his Nismo 400R. He didn't win many races.

Takeshi Kakujima won many races, until he raced his sister, who utterly dominated him at every track. Takeshi mourned the loss of his precious, cute little sister.

Joseph, Jacob's son, went on to become a great photographer. He was often called in personally to do photoshoots for the Black Suns. Jacob never regretted a minute of Joseph's happiness.

Hiroto Matsuda got shot in the foot like a moron, and good riddance I don't have to cameo his crippled ass. ;)

David's mother got together with Andrea, much to the dismay of David. Mainly because Andrea... Talks about what they do. *shiver*

======

And now: The cars.

Toyota MR2 G-Limited Supercharged "Azzuro Cuneo" -Blue Wedge.

EPILOGUE-1.jpg

Power: 155 hp (finale, 211)

Torque: ~140 ft. lbs (finale, 195)

Weight: 1120 KG (finale, 941)

Notable achievements: Beating Andrea, first car, first attempt at defeating Kurt

Nissan Silvia S15 R-Spec "Turbopimp" (given by Ken Matsumoto)

EPILOGUE-2.jpg

Power: 250 hp (423 by the end)

Torque: 202 ft. lbs (338 by the end)

Weight: 1165 KG

Notable acheivements: Workhorse in Japan, David's first loss

Subaru Impreza 22B STi coupe "Understeering Piece of ****"

EPILOGUE-3.jpg

Power: 350 hp

Torque: ~335 ft. lbs

Weight: 1270 KG

Notable achievements: First 200 A-Spec point race, pissing me off

Mitsubishi Mirage Cyborg ZR "Anomaly"

EPILOGUE-4.jpg

Power: 213 hp

Torque: 150 ft. lbs

Weight: 1000 KG

Notable achievements: Kickstarting David's old memories, being the second best handling car in the line up

Mazda RX-7 Type RS "Rex"

EPILOGUE-5.jpg

Power: 327 hp

Torque: 269 ft. lbs

Weight: 1280 KG

Notable achievements: KYOKO DUN DROVED IT

Toyota MR2 G-Limited Supercharged "Tatsuya's MR2"

EPILOGUE-6.jpg

Power: 175 hp

Torque: 168 ft. lbs

Weight: 1005 KG

Notable achievements: Kick starting the Japan arc

Suzuki Cappuccino "Straight Espresso"

EPILOGUE-13.jpg

Power: 103 hp

Torque: 94 ft. lbs

Weight: 700 KG

Notable achievements: Second car in the series, least amount of screen-time

Nissan Silvia Q's S13 "Nightstalker"

EPILOGUE-7.jpg

Power: 213 hp

Torque: 192 ft. lbs

Weight: 1110 KG

Notable achievements: Winning races off-screen

RUF BTR "Silver Ghost"

EPILOGUE-8.jpg

Power: 493 hp

Torque: 451 ft. lbs

Weight: 1180 KG

Notable achievements: David's father was murdered in it

RUF RGT "Secret Weapon"

EPILOGUE-9.jpg

Power: 558 hp

Torque: 381 ft. lbs

Weight: 1210 KG

Notable achievements: Beating Kurt Rinehart, making readers go insane trying to figure out what it is, despite the fact it's pretty obvious.

Renault 5 Turbo "Key to Valhalla"

EPILOGUE-10.jpg

Power: 281 hp

Torque: 243 ft. lbs

Weight: 940 KG

Notable achievements: David's mother owned it

Audi Quattro "D'Artangnan"

EPILOGUE-11.jpg

Power: 276 hp

Torque: 281 ft. lbs

Weight: 1290

Notable achievements: Not pissing me off like the 22B

Honda Life Step Van "Armageddon Van"

EPILOGUE-12.jpg

Power: Overwhelming

Torque: More than God's fire chariot

Weight: 750 KG

Notable achievements: Took out Japan's land and air defenses, not to mention the police stations, the coal factory, and being in single handedly the most cameos of anything else.

I will be more than glad to PM anyone the upgrades and set-ups for these cars.

======

Credits:

Writer: StigNumbers

Editor: StigNumbers

Creative Team: StigNumbers and his dog

Special thanks to:

driftking18594: You gave me encouragement to keep writing. Though, I'd have done that anyway. ;)

Daniel: Giving me a few cameos, further encouragement. Keep working on your own story, Daniel.

FireEmblem10: Thank you for the encouragement, do your best on your own race story.

peterjford: Sending me ideas for the epilogue. Didn't really work out, but I have to thank you for the effort.

Apokalipse: A constant name I read in my comments. Thank you for following the story.

Further thanks to:

speed157

Nero9

RandomUsername

Driving Park

Rotary Junkie

And all the other readers! Thank you for enjoying all of this, and please wait for the next installment in my story!

Last edited:
Thank you for enjoying all of this, and please wait for the next installment in my story!

I was hoping you would say that! It had better go further! Do you chronicle David's son's saga like Red-Zone did after that was finished, or do you chronicle something else, such as Kurt's story or someone else entirely? :boggled: Presumably it will take place in the wonderful world of GT5, no?

It was my pleasure to read through this wonderful race story. With just the right balance of plot, action, seriousness, humor and absurdity (here's looking at you, Armageddon Van), this has been one of the best race stories I've read. :cheers: And an even 30 chapters to boot! Did you plan that? :D

One minor suggestion I'd make to this story is after all the regulars have read the epilogue, change the thread title to "Yet Another Race Story", without The Epilogue so anyone who comes across it in the future will be able to read it in its entirety without being confused at the title.

Very well done, Stig! 👍

Congratulations on an Armageddon Van-Epic story, mate!
You should be feeling like this now:
king-033.gif

And thanks for me in the creds, now I feel all special inside :lol:

Yep, after about a good week or so, I'll be taking off "The Epilogue" from the thread title.

I only really started to plan at about chapter 25 or so. Part of the reason I had the twins, Hans and Franz.

The sequel will not chronicle David's son, that's too large a time skip, but the leaders of the Black Suns will play a major part. I think during the time before I get a PS3 and GT5, I may chronicle Daniel's history, or maybe I'll do a short story based on someone different entirely.

Thank you for reading!

I never dropped in to post a comment or anything, but this story was one of the most epic I've ever read. And I've read a LOT of stories. 👍 You actually gave me encouragement to try writing a story of my own, and that's the best thanks I can give you.

On that note, since we've seen a upswing in the number of good race stories here, I might just start posting what I have...

That was epic. To be honest this was the first story i ever read on this site. :)
Oh and thanks for me being in the credits! :D

That was epic. To be honest this was the first story i ever read on this site. :)
Oh and thanks for me being in the credits! :D

Thank you! It started out slow, but I picked up the pace after I revived it. I'm glad you bothered to stick around!

I never dropped in to post a comment or anything, but this story was one of the most epic I've ever read. And I've read a LOT of stories. 👍 You actually gave me encouragement to try writing a story of my own, and that's the best thanks I can give you.

On that note, since we've seen a upswing in the number of good race stories here, I might just start posting what I have...

Go right ahead. I rebooted my story with hopes that the race stories would get active again, and it seems I managed to do the trick. I always love to see new ideas and new characters.

Anyway, this story I've heard is really good, but to my eye, I've really missed out on a lot, mainly a huge amount of cliff hangers I've left open. I hope to tie some things up later, when I actually bother to plan my story out.

Awesome story and a very fitting epilogue. Thanks for the mention in the credits. I'll have to try my own story... of course there may be a cameo of a certain van in it.

Heh, there's always a "certain van" in the cameos. ;)

EDIT: Here's a quick question; anyone with skills in Photoshop feel like making a little banner for the thread?

Really cool man!
Reading the notable achievements of the cars was interesting, but by far, the best ever car was the Armageddon van :lol:

I thought the rumour is that if anyone (except Johnson, Kyoko and Jason) walk within a kilometer of it. You get obliterated by the complete awesomeness of it.

Well I heard it was made for Chuck Norris, but nothing can be as awesome as Chuck, so he roundhouse kicked it in the... umm grille? And then it got mad. Rage made it even better

I liked the epilogue, because I like happy endings. BTW, being shot in the foot doesn't make you a moron. It makes you a cripple. ;)

Yeah, I know, but I had to make fun of him, if only a little.

Thank you guys for continuing to talk about this story. It's far from a masterpiece, but it's my creation. I'm proud it turned out any good.

Latest Posts

Back