You guys ever run any series here?

• Thread starter Davey
  • 47 comments
well i felt like doing the Stock Supra on TM and i came up with

1:33.411

bah took me a while to find a good line to take.. i love little challenges like this.. :)

i did 1:33.731 but the deadline for the challenge was over so it wasnt eligible for it.

give your sectors time please, I wont post mine right now...if you know what I mean :rolleyes:

bah.. ill have to run it again, and see if i can come up with a relatively close time.. cuz i ran it in Sim Mode.. ill do it in TT later on tonight if i remember..

Okay, so who's going to organize a series, or even a challenge? Lately, all I see are challenges that go nowhere (other than the GT40 at Grindelwald.) Here's some ideas:

Choose a car, and track combo. Give points to the top laps, and whomever has the second-worst time (yes, you read that right), gets to pick the next track/car combo.

Why 2nd-worst? They will have almost no advantage in choosing the best car/track combo, becaus ethe best will always pick combos to thier liking to cement their lead. The worst driver will sandbag, just so he/she can run an Escudo at some easy track. If the best driver is really the best, he/she will not need to be preparing for the next event that will just make the championship a leader's paradise.

Other ideas would be to run a race series that involves the best 5 laps; running an event using the GT-All Stars, Gt500 series, etc. to show who can consistently race fast times and make racing manuevers that are legit against other cars (even if they are AI cars). Thnk of it as lapped traffic. The best start-to-finish time (total time) of 5 laps will be the winner. This way nobody pulls a one-time corker of a lap to be champion. After all racing is about who's quickest in the end, not in the middle!

Just some ideas.

Originally posted by pupik
Other ideas would be to run a race series that involves the best 5 laps; running an event using the GT-All Stars, Gt500 series, etc. to show who can consistently race fast times and make racing manuevers that are legit against other cars (even if they are AI cars). Thnk of it as lapped traffic. The best start-to-finish time (total time) of 5 laps will be the winner. This way nobody pulls a one-time corker of a lap to be champion. After all racing is about who's quickest in the end, not in the middle!

Just some ideas.

well thats most of all the same as my series regulation, I think its better to run on a 5 laps system then only on a 1 fast lap system.

Haha, good ole GameFAQs. There aren't any morons there at GT2 anymore though, cept for one dink who got me banned named Bassman.

Originally posted by Davey
Haha, good ole GameFAQs. There aren't any morons there at GT2 anymore though, cept for one dink who got me banned named Bassman.

At GameFAQs "The Great One" threatened to ban me for spamming. Here's what happened:

I wrote a post (no idea what about anymore) and hit submit. It didn't seem to work so I did it again. Later I saw that my post appeared twice in a row. So this a** hole emails me and threatens to ban me for spamming. It was like my 3rd post to top it off. I thought the fact that they were practically identical made it pretty obvious what happened. But "The Great One" ( :lol: ) had to be a little Hitler and threaten to "ban" me. Oooohhh...

GTP is way better.

HI everyone. First time poster here.

A few of my good mates in my car club and a couple from another car club have been running a season series here in New Zealand. We are nearly finished in the first one ever here. There has been a lot of interest and looks like next fall we could have a large amount of competitors.

If you would like to have a look at how we laid it out here is the address.

http://sdugt2.fcpages.com/index.html

Looks like I found a nice place to visit :)

Originally posted by RazorGTR
HI everyone. First time poster here.

A few of my good mates in my car club and a couple from another car club have been running a season series here in New Zealand. We are nearly finished in the first one ever here. There has been a lot of interest and looks like next fall we could have a large amount of competitors.

If you would like to have a look at how we laid it out here is the address.

http://sdugt2.fcpages.com/index.html

Looks like I found a nice place to visit :)

Hey Razor...

Is your season open to people outside of New Zealand?

We never thought about it. It would be difficult to verfy times and such since everyone congrigates at either my house or anothers for the evening of racing.

Something to think about. I suppose if you were to take snap shots of the screen, then you would have to wonder if someone has been editing the image on their times.

Originally posted by RazorGTR
We never thought about it. It would be difficult to verfy times and such since everyone congrigates at either my house or anothers for the evening of racing.

Something to think about. I suppose if you were to take snap shots of the screen, then you would have to wonder if someone has been editing the image on their times.

I see your point.

Well, If you wanna let an American in I'd love it. Your scheme is the only one I've seen that I'd be into.

I guess it'd just have to be the honor system. Besides, cheaters always get busted. Hopefully my history of not being the best would support my claim of honesty. :P

Valid point.

I take it you visited the GT2 Season Series website then. This being the first time for it I was not sure how to lay it out so did in a somewhat skill level fashion. It worked good as most of the races are pretty close considering.
It was a shame Bizkit and GSR32 who are damn good just did not get into it more as I love a good challange and both have beaten me at times. We are normally pretty close.

We have a race this Sat and I will bring it up with the guys. Next season will be layed out differently. The classes we are looking at.

Open or Pro. Basiclly all cars except the Escudo, and Cutlas are available, at least on the versions we have.

LM Class. LM cars only

JGTC 500 class - Cars other than LM over 500 hp

JGTC 300 class - Cars up to 560hp other than LM cars

Expert - Cars up to 705 hp other than LM cars

Beginner - Cars up to 600 hp other than LM cars

The Escudo and Cutlas are not available but you can do up a car and run it. We eliminated it last time and should have allowed it though I honestly think anyone who goes about it that way wouldn't really stand much of a chance against the full race spec'ed cars.

drop me an email some time milefile.

Latest Posts

Back