You Have to try Motion Control Steering

After using both steering control methods, what will you permanently use in GT Sport?

• Total voters
I won a Sport mode race today using MC. And was also able to control cars in faster GR's. Yeah it is useful (and fun) but you need to have at least a basic understanding of how to quickly counter steer if needed. Takes a couple of races to get used to but i liked it.

Last edited:
I won a Sport mode race today using MC. And was also able to control cars in faster GR's. Yeah it is useful (and fun) but you need to have at least a basic understanding of how to quickly counter steer if needed. Takes a couple of races to get used to but i liked it.

Yeah, it absolutely takes some getting used to.

Are you telling me you get those fast times I see online with a DS4? I saw you at the top of the kart list last night.

Nah, I use a T300RS. Had to change the steering lock from 270 to 1080. For some reason, PD defaults the wheel to 270 every time you start driving (even from a pause). Luckily the wheel let's you do this on the fly with a combination of hitting the mode button and hitting right or left on the d-pad on the wheel.

I tried it for the first time on the 30 lap enduro race ... struggled bad for the first 10 laps then started figuring it out. By the second half of the race I was killing it, and took gold. I am hooked, way better than the stick. :)

I am using motion control with sensitivity at 7 and using the right stick for brake and throttle.

Nah, I use a T300RS. Had to change the steering lock from 270 to 1080. For some reason, PD defaults the wheel to 270 every time you start driving (even from a pause). Luckily the wheel let's you do this on the fly with a combination of hitting the mode button and hitting right or left on the d-pad on the wheel.

No way! How is it I didn't know this? :lol: I can't wait to try it with that shifter kart. It felt like I had 20 degrees of movement and once I hit 15 degrees it was all over :lol:

Jerome

Wow!! We must spread the word ;) @doblocruiser đź‘Ť I only tried this a few years ago on one racing game but couldn't get round the track!..

After trying this all last night I am also now sold. On GTS the action is so smooth I forgot I was on a DS4! I also use manual buttons X and Square to change gear. This is great and I used it comfortably sitting or relaxing with it, it works so well after a lap or two.

My sensitivity is right down on 2 and this works great and suits my driving.

I like it so much I will have to get one of these! :cheers::gtpflag:

:bowdown:

71B61eKgXRL._SL1500_.jpg
710HKgDrapL._SL1500_.jpg

My local Store sells them for ÂŁ15-ÂŁ20 GBP I will definitely pick one of these up as a compromise between DS4 and Full Rig as it will save me setting up the Rig (bit of hassle for me with limited space) and it is compatible with VR so I think this will be my go to for VR races.

Once I selected “sticks” in the very beginning, I don’t see where there is an option to change to motion control, in the “controller” section of the Home/Options menu.

May have to give motion controls a try. Then drive a kart and pretend I'm playing Mario Kart when I could just play Mario Kart.

Once I selected “sticks” in the very beginning, I don’t see where there is an option to change to motion control, in the “controller” section of the Home/Options menu.

Remember you may have to press R1 or R2 for further screens. There are 3 Blue pictures of controllers I think it is the 3rd picture (on the right) just press it and it will default to motion. đź‘Ť

Wow!! We must spread the word ;) @doblocruiser đź‘Ť I only tried this a few years ago on one racing game but couldn't get round the track!..

After trying this all last night I am also now sold. On GTS the action is so smooth I forgot I was on a DS4! I also use manual buttons X and Square to change gear. This is great and I used it comfortably sitting or relaxing with it, it works so well after a lap or two.

My sensitivity is right down on 2 and this works great and suits my driving.

I like it so much I will have to get one of these! :cheers::gtpflag:

:bowdown:

I only tried it because OP mentioning it. I even didn't know it was there and it has been a real revelation. Glad to see you are liking it as well :D

After reading the positive comments I'm eager to give this a try... but! Will this mess with my brain? Because I also play other games (also on XBox One) that don't support it. :P

I gotta go to work now but the demo lasts until 23h CET tonight right? I read that on the Dutch GT:Sport website but wonder if they didn't translate a timezone properly.

I'm in agreement with quite a few in this thread. The motion steering is fantastic, it takes a bit of getting used to but I feel much smoother and quicker than using sticks or buttons.

how does it work? brake/throttle with L2-R2 and steering only by motion? Is it more precise than with the stick?

You can choose what buttons you want the throttle and brake to be and steering can be used with either buttons, stick or motion sensor.

how does it work? brake/throttle with L2-R2 and steering only by motion? Is it more precise than with the stick?

Exactly, you can assign any button to your preference but the steering is done with motionsteering. I use R2, R1 (accelerate /brake) and X,[] (to shift.

It is more precise than the stick because it allows you to steer very smoothly.

ok, I have to try this....cant imagine that it will be better, really :) because i'm also faster with pad than with a wheel...but I want to try it....

I was faster with it and I love the sticks pad for years. Look at it like it was a little Amg GT3 or F1 wheel. Hold and turn it like it was a wheel. It soon comes natural even on tight courses and rally and the drifts! đź‘Ť

I'm in agreement with quite a few in this thread. The motion steering is fantastic, it takes a bit of getting used to but I feel much smoother and quicker than using sticks or buttons.

I was actually able to catch a huge slide which is sheer impossible with sticks atm. It works precise, it gives good control over the car and it really smoothens out the steering on the DS4. For me it is a winner!

it let's you catch a skid better but I found it impossible to do faster laps than with sticks...
I think it comes down to personal preference. What works for one person won't work for another. For me it works and I am really happy that @Blindside92 brought this to my attention.

Any suggestions for the free analogue stick? I am positive I want to keep throttle/brakes on R2/L2.

I don’t have the demo open now but was there in-car seat adjustement like in Project CARS 2? That could be nice to put on that stick.

Latest Posts

Back