You Have to try Motion Control Steering

After using both steering control methods, what will you permanently use in GT Sport?

• Total voters
Wow I've just switched to the motion control and it's a revelation after a couple hours practise, it's night and day better. It actually FEELS like you're driving now especially with the bonnet/hood cam.

I could never go back to the analogue sticks, because I get more pleasure out of feeling like I'm actually driving.

Analogue sticks just feel like a videogame in comparison.

The only "Flaw" is feeling like your steering is floating in space, which can lack grounding if you lose focus but you soon get used to it. You can also rest your elbows on chair rests.

41Mpd5CZPuL._SY400_.jpg
we need something like this

Is it the 4gamerz one? I love mine
Nah it's unbranded lol. It is the same thing though. All it does is add weight and bulk; it doesn't enable you to grip the controller in a different way if you use the triggers to accelerate and brake because you still have to wrap your hands around the controller.

Wow I've just switched to the motion control and it's a revelation after a couple hours practise, it's night and day better. It actually FEELS like you're driving now especially with the bonnet/hood cam.

I could never go back to the analogue sticks, because I get more pleasure out of feeling like I'm actually driving.

Analogue sticks just feel like a videogame in comparison.

The only "Flaw" is feeling like your steering is floating in space, which can lack grounding if you lose focus but you soon get used to it. You can also rest your elbows on chair rests.

I tried it out because I've used the joystick with other versions of GT and hated see the car jerk around corners during replays...and sure enough, after some initial tries with the motion control I was hooked. Combining this with cockpit view and I can now see the driver's hands mimic my own movements, love it.

I tried it out because I've used the joystick with other versions of GT and hated see the car jerk around corners during replays...and sure enough, after some initial tries with the motion control I was hooked. Combining this with cockpit view and I can now see the driver's hands mimic my own movements, love it.
The car jerking had been a pet peeve of mine for a loooooong time

Find a sensitivity you like and let it rip.

The default sensitivity seems to be dialed in really well for me. I increased it and tried a higher setting and the steering was definitely "quicker" but felt more "video gamey", so it stays.

Ugh.. I just tried the motion control steering after the 1.10 update, WTF have they done to it, it's so much worse than before?! You can't seem to turn as much and it feels all wrong now.

Is there a way to change the settings to have it more like it was previously?

Tried motion control after reading this thread.......Never going back to joysticks. Took about 15min to get the hang of it after being an analogue stick user since GT2.

I still use right stick for throttle/brakes and R2/L2 for shifts though, as I found holding onto R2 for throttle to be too fatiguing and not as much modulation.

Tried motion control after reading this thread.......Never going back to joysticks. Took about 15min to get the hang of it after being an analogue stick user since GT2.

I still use right stick for throttle/brakes and R2/L2 for shifts though, as I found holding onto R2 for throttle to be too fatiguing and not as much modulation.
Thanks for the info about R2 L2 for shifts and R stick for throttle. Have been looking for a good permutation that will enable me to go MT.

It was better before the 1.10 update, though :-(
I think we should start a movement. Directed toward pd to change it back. The deadzone feels huge. Do any of you have twitter? I registered yesterday and I'm planning to "contact" the boss guy(forgot his name).

Let's do this and change the world!

I was forced to use the DS4 controller when I found out that my old Logitech GTForce wheel does not work with PS4. I tried the motion control for a couple of days but was wildly spastic with it. So I ghetto taped the controller onto my GTForce steering wheel and was consistent enough that I golded all of the driving tests. Having the steering wheel smooth out the roll motion really helped.

I was forced to use the DS4 controller when I found out that my old Logitech GTForce wheel does not work with PS4. I tried the motion control for a couple of days but was wildly spastic with it. So I ghetto taped the controller onto my GTForce steering wheel and was consistent enough that I golded all of the driving tests. Having the steering wheel smooth out the roll motion really helped.

You should get yourself one of these Drive Hubs for your GTForce wheel.

Mine arrived last weekend, and I can now use my DFGT wheel. The game is now much more enjoyable!

Yeah I tried this yesterday...Didn't worked out so good.

I can see the potential and appeal, but I either play laying or sitting in my bed, with any arm rests, so for me the analog sticks are better.

Sean Renon / Pedinhuh - the thing is, it was much better before the 1.10 patch, they did something horrible to it in this patch :-(

Sean Renon / Pedinhuh - the thing is, it was much better before the 1.10 patch, they did something horrible to it in this patch :-(
I tried it before the patch, I wasn't annoyed with how it controlled the car, just that I could never "rest".
I had to constantly hold my hands perfectly straight and upright - even with a steering wheel you get to rest.

I tried it before the patch, I wasn't annoyed with how it controlled the car, just that I could never "rest".
I had to constantly hold my hands perfectly straight and upright - even with a steering wheel you get to rest.

I wouldn't want to do a long endurance race with the motion control, but most the races in GT Sport are pretty short

Most people using the motion controller find it easier to hold the controller flat and lift up the edges when cornering rather than holding it up like a wheel.

This then means your arms are rested on straights.

Feels a little confusing at first but with a little practice it becomes second nature

Most people using the motion controller find it easier to hold the controller flat and lift up the edges when cornering rather than holding it up like a wheel.

This then means your arms are rested on straights.

Feels a little confusing at first but with a little practice it becomes second nature

I did try that, it felt very unorthodox made my wrists bend at an awkward angle.
Altogether I was super surprised with how well it controlled the car - but it was definitely tiring.

I did try that, it felt very unorthodox made my wrists bend at an awkward angle.
Altogether I was super surprised with how well it controlled the car - but it was definitely tiring.
Steer with the controller flat and rest your arms on a chair. i do all my racing from a desk chair with my elbows planted on the arm rest. I race for hours at a time without the slightest bit of discomfort

Steer with the controller flat and rest your arms on a chair. i do all my racing from a desk chair with my elbows planted on the arm rest. I race for hours at a time without the slightest bit of discomfort

Pretty much the same here.

Aside from finding my arms would ache holding it like a wheel i would find that my arms/wrists got all crossed up on tight hairpins.

I dont get this when holding the controller flat especially when you then alter the steering sensitivity to suit your style too.

Back