You know you're playing GT4 too much when...

• Thread starter Doggie
  • 2,721 comments
In response to this:

When your PS2 will no longer play any GT4 disc! :scared:

That was my problem until some time ago :)

D:

I have the fat one from 2001 I believe, only had a disc read error once.
Dad cleaned it out and it's been running perfect ever since.

Magandang umaga, fool!

(lived in Ayala Alabang for several years when I was growing up)

- When you scour the city, county and surrounding villages searching for a working copy because you melted your old disc running several consecutive 24-hour races.

oh so you're a filipino then or a half-filipino

Bopop4
D:

It's working, ah, decent, right now, but there was a period of about a year where it would not play ANY GT4 disc I could get.. I guess those 24 hour races made it mad at me :lol:

oh so when was the last time when to the Philippines and if you have any commissions to go back, we should meet.

when you think you can go to The Ring IRL for free
when you going to get a driving license IRL, you think you're gonna drive a Bentley Speed 8 around Sarthe.

When you think that Lambos and Ferraris and Porsches and other sports cars are bad because they're not in GT4.

When you cook something, and play GT4 to pass the time, you play so much that the food you're cooking burns.

When you stop doing things like showering and eating, because you want more time on your ps2.

When you draft people in traffic.

When you actually drive over mounds in the ground because you wanna fly.

When you start to fiddle with your car's engine and get in engulfed in flames in the process.

When you ask the tire guy "When do the Racing Softs come in?"

When you spend days trying to complete GT4 and you miss out other games that just got released.

When you think you could change the oil and wash the car in just few seconds.

When you spend more time on playing GT4 alone than playing Fifa & Call of duty with your friends.

When you imagine getting a driving license in real life by completing a fast lap around the Nurburgring.

When you listen to some of Gran Turismo Soundtrack on Spotify while playing GTA V.

When you play GT6 more than some other games.

When you think that cars handling like that in real life.

When you complete the game %100 and Platinum Trophy on 2 different PSN accounts.

When you just realized that everyone moved on to another games and you still playing GT6.

When you trying to find a good wheel to play GT6 with it.

When more than half videos on your channel is GT related.

When you are reading GTPEDIA when you aren't playing GT Games. (I actually plan to buy one :D)

When you flashing lights, honking horns and Turning on the wipers randomly in Real life just for the lolz.

When you buy a new car and the first thing to do is change the oil.

When you spend so much time on GT PLANET.

When you look at other people buying other Racing games with less than 180 cars in the game and you wonder why the hell they buy those games when they could get a racing game with over 1,200 cars.

When you discover new cars from playing GT.

When you want to chat with someone about what you did in GT yesterday.

When you buy a Honda Jazz as your first real life car.

When you spot a nice sport car and then you go home to try the same car in the same paint in GT6.

When you own almost every Toyota, Lexus, Scion and TRD cars in the game.

When you dream about playing GT while sleeping.

When you wish if PD includes your local track just so you try it in GT6 and then try doing the same in real life. (Like what Jeremy Clarkson did with GT4 in top gear).

When you want your real life cars to be added to GT6.

When you spot Different generations of Supra mainly MK4 and you wonder why they aren't in such a standard horrible quality?

When you would imagine GT Academy having the same style as getting the license test in GT Games.

When you spend minutes typing this post...

When you play GT6 more than some other games.

When you complete the game %100 and Platinum Trophy on 2 different PSN accounts.

When you just realized that everyone moved on to another games and you still playing GT6.

When you trying to find a good wheel to play GT6 with it.

When you buy a Honda Jazz as your first real life car.

When you spot a nice sport car and then you go home to try the same car in the same paint in GT6.

When you wish if PD includes your local track just so you try it in GT6 and then try doing the same in real life. (Like what Jeremy Clarkson did with GT4 in top gear).

When you want your real life cars to be added to GT6.

When you spend minutes typing this post...[/b][/b]

And this has what to do with playing GT4 too much?

Tell ya what, if there isn't already a "You know you're playing GT6 too much when..." thread somewhere in the GT6 section, why not start one?

And this has what to do with playing GT4 too much?

Tell ya what, if there isn't already a "You know you're playing GT6 too much when..." thread somewhere in the GT6 section, why not start one?
Ops I posted it here instead of the GT6 thread...

This looked tempting so I'll try for fun

You play GT4 so much you pay the repairman $ 1,000 for taking out the rear seats

When you look at your wife and tell her to get a weight reduction stage III

When you go out of the way to buy a Renault Avantime, Fiat Coupe, buy an Alfa Romeo to become a petrol head and try to beat a lap record @ Laguna Seca in a blue Acura NSX. And you start screaming "POWER" guilty

You buy thousands of wheels to find that perfect set of classic muscle car wheels for your 70's Japanese car such as the Kenmeri Skyline

Guilty

You recite names of chassis codes, even American ones

You start having tears of joy every time you hear "Moon Over The Castle" from the US release
Guilty

You win the super mega lottery twice so you can build and buy the Ford GT LM car and pay Kaz to bring back the Dodge Copperhead in a mega amount of ¥en

You start yelling PANAMA when you start your car and start revving your 93 Prelude

When you get the oil changed on your car, the guy uses his own body to recycle the fuel and inject into the system as Castrol GTX

You only call a "Porsche" a "German, rear engined, air cooled sports car" yet you call a RUF... A RUF!

You start screaming like a wild banshee every time you hear Oh Yeah by Yello- it gives you nightmares of those damn tests!

You buy a Pontiac GTO and a Holden Monaro from 2005- cause you loved comparing them when you were a kid
Guilty

You question the absence of a professional Gran Turismo Review, even Tourist Trophy, or even freaking Motor Toon Racing 2
Guilty as supercharged

You immediately love the fact they added supercharging for the Muscle Cars but hate the fact there are no Saleen, Roush, Callaway, Hennessy, Shelby, Yenko, Lingenfelter or any other American tuner included in the Tuner Village
Guilty, Hi

You pray there will be drag racing in GT5,
wait GT5 came out? On PS2??? AWWWWW I DONT HAVE A PS3

You start playing GTA and you think reverse is the triangle
Button but you jump out of your Cheetah at 200 mph

You start singing that Dashi Kaisho version of Are You Gonna Go My Way, but remembering that it was a GT3 song but you bring out a mix CD and start playing it at full blast anyway

That's it for now

"Insert non-memorable sign-off here"

When you realize the fully customizable transmission is actually buggy.
I installed one on the '70 Charger and it was totally lagging at 120 mph, and the thing was capable of 500 horsepower. I didn't even know how to change the ratios effectively, so that didn't help.

D:

My fat ps2 gets DREs often, and I often fixed it with a bit of percussive maintenance. Now I found more or less the root cause, so now spamming the reset button does the trick.

Back