You learn something new... - Cars you didn't know existed, until now!

• Thread starter Rue
  • 6,192 comments
3237326795_372c3cac19_z.jpg

The Yugo GTV Convertible.

By chopping that roof off, they turned a metaphorical **** bucket of a car into a literal one. I wonder if it had one of those huge roll bars that were so popular in compact convertibles in the 80s? It'd make for a great handle!

By chopping that roof off, they turned a metaphorical **** bucket of a car into a literal one. I wonder if it had one of those huge roll bars that were so popular in compact convertibles in the 80s? It'd make for a great handle!

Actually, and this answer may surprise you, but it didn't have an obvious stiffness-assisting roll bar!
yugo+cabrio+2.jpg

So no, it didn't have the ugly roll bar some of the worst convertibles (cough PT Cruiser cough) ever made had, but it wasn't exempt from bad decisions either. I forgot to mention that while the USDM 1989/1990 Yugos had electronical injection in their engines, the Convertible still had carburetors. Serbian logic!

Since the Pontiac Le Mans was an imported Korean clone (albeit a licenced one) of the Opel Kadett built by Daewoo, comparing it to a Yugo is a race to the bottom.

1974 Dale
View attachment 605943View attachment 605944

The Dale, created by Twentieth Century Motor Car Corporation in Burbank, California, was intended to enter production in America as " the car of the future". However, zero Dales were ever produced.​

Oh, I can clearly see it has the door fitting of the future. As in, "heh, we'll bother fixing it some time in the future".

ButI guess the car was even too good, since the operation behind it was actually an inelaborate scam.

1974 Dale
View attachment 605943View attachment 605944

The Dale, created by Twentieth Century Motor Car Corporation in Burbank, California, was intended to enter production in America as " the car of the future". However, zero Dales were ever produced.​
:lol:

Is that the "just the car, leaving the can of worms closed" approach, or are you unaware of the rest of the story?

Drat! I just noticed @ClydeYellow beat me to the punch. :P

Speaking of Saab:

IMG_0298.JPG

The 9-7X. I always wondered why people blame GM for ruining the image the company was trying to portray but I think I'm starting to see why now.

Cadillac BLS
1280px-Cadillac_BLS_front.JPG

1280px-Cadillac_BLS_rear.JPG

Basically a Saab 9-3 with Cadillac styling, which costed $140,000,000 to design, and was meant to serve as Cadillac's entry level model. It was only sold in Europe for 3 years, selling around 3,000 cars per year, and was available with Fiat Turbodiesel I4's, Ecotec Turbo I4's and a Cadillac "HFV6" turbo V6. The car was discontinued in 2009 due to poor sales.

While browsing the interwebs, I stumbled upon a limited edition Camry. Apparently, they made a Toyota Camry Collector Edition, and it's slightly, I mean slightly less mundane than the regular trims. This trim was only offered on the XV10 and XV20 generation, and a V6 engine was standard.

[URL='http://www.cardomain.com/ride/423988/1996-toyota-camry/page-2/'][/URL]
eminembeastfan, I wish you were here to see this.

And to make matters even funnier, "Domingo" is Portuguese for Sunday. Trust me, I know all about that... ;) :lol:

Also, those rims are so 1980's Japanese tokusatsu main character, it hurts. But they're so unique!

They did make a very small number of NB coupes, I think only 25 were built but don't quote me on that number.
I kinda like the coupe but the shape of the roof from top to A pillars looks like crap. That's always the bad thing about convertibles; the glass is positioned in such a way that adding a roof of any kind looks like utter *****.

Back