You learn something new... - Cars you didn't know existed, until now!

• Thread starter Rue
  • 6,192 comments
I kinda like the coupe but the shape of the roof from top to A pillars looks like crap. That's always the bad thing about convertibles; the glass is positioned in such a way that adding a roof of any kind looks like utter *****.

Eh to each their own, I personally think cars pretty much always look better as coupes. I've always liked the way Miatas looked with hard tops.

I'm no stranger to the aircooled FWD Brazilian Volkswagen Gol, with what amounts to a Beetle engine facing the front, but it turns out there was a pickup variant called the Saveiro.

535888_2796198082495_1784780416_1673556_549751520_n.jpg

I'm given to understand it was made long after on more contemporary watercooled platforms. And let me tell you, it's really difficult finding a picture of the whole vehicle with its engine visible and not nearly so difficult finding one that's been molested with tacky modifications (most of which seem to be stereo-themed).

They did make a very small number of NB coupes, I think only 25 were built but don't quote me on that number.
I'm quoting you on it but only to correct you :lol: The real number was somewhere between 500 and 1000.

I'd absolutely love one. Wish they'd done a proper NA version as I'm less keen on the NB, but I reckon the NB could look fantastic with the right treatment.

Incidentally, even Mazda USA's M Coupe wasn't quite as elegant as the styling mule mocked up by the factory in Japan (and now resides at Mazda's home in Hiroshima, I believe):

p2.jpg

From images, it looks like it has a hatchback rather than a trunk. Window wraps around less than it does on the M Coupe, and the rear quarter windows are larger for slimmer rear pillars.

Unfortunately a few other photos dotted around online show it's pretty rough inside, so I suspect that unlike the M Coupe it may not be driveable. I think it has a metal roof though, like the NB coupe - whereas the M Coupe is a (heavy) fibreglass job.

Melkus RS 2000

melkus-rs2000-black-_800x0w.jpg

According to Wikipedia...

Melkus was a marque of single seat race cars and sports cars founded by the race driver Heinz Melkus in Dresden in East Germany.

Looking at other pictures of it, it looks like a cross between the Ford GT and Lotus Elise.

1988-1990 Pontiac 6000 AWD
00101_j5a0a7e5tr2_600x450.jpg
7025571819_6d2a2d595d_b.jpg

Initially only available with the STE package in 88 and 89 (then for the SE sedan in 1990), you could order all wheel drive for the 6000. It included 4 wheel disc brakes and ABS, although the system was deactivated when it was putting power to all four wheels. This option was exclusive to Pontiac, and not much is known as to why they designed it or the intricacies of the system's operation, but it did end up getting applied to roughly 2,000 units over the 3 years it was available.

Well, a couple years ago; I learned about a few foxbody Mustangs being used in DTM. Now, I learned that there were even pre-facelift Foxbodies also used in DTM.
480_start_groep_a.jpg

391781.jpg

okd6p2.jpg

391779.jpg
Well, Dick Johnson brought some over to race in the ATCC, one in the memorable "Greens Tuff" paint. It still runs today, and I've seen it.

SPEC'S RS660

AZ-1 essentially made to look like an RS200. If you need it that bad, I guess...

6557bc65db.jpg

7992cdb8bc.jpg

9b3dcc1c64.jpg

From Minkara:

How about you? It is an elegant design that makes you feel the facade of Ford RS 200.

The rear bonnet is an integrated design of wing and air outlet. The rear fender has become a blister type wide fender of 3 cm on one side, and the aero cap is producing a lacy atmosphere! Body side air intake also has a powerful design abolishing the slit. "Sibier mini oscar" is attached to the front bumper, it is exactly reminiscent of rally weapons! And in the picture it is hard to understand but the bonnet is like the Mazda speed bonnet and the rear end of the light is exciting! This bonnet is an original design announced before MSV release! (※ Note, however, this hood was not released) roof spoiler also is a design for rectifying the air along the rear window. It's quite unique design! And, surprisingly, it is the fact that these parts were sold in some Autosum shops! Aichi Prefecture seemed to have been sold in Nakauchi-san, Autosam name in Nagoya-shi. And there is still SPEC`S in this address! Although it is not an autosam, it seems to be operating properly as a car shop (saying something like a tuning shop). The shop → here by now, but I would like tuning shop of the Porsche, AZ-1 It is also something interesting to a rear engine ♬ but is SPEC`S modified AZ-1 RS660 of this lovely design, most of the surprise is how It is the fact that it was sold as a complete car based on the new car AZ - 1 in Autazum! Its price whopping ....... Korezo exactly "Complete Car". I was surprised when I saw this advertisement 21 years ago from now! And I wonder where this car actually was sold, now where I thought ... · · · When I was in A10 I found a car like this one!

T-HOUSE AZ-R

edb0a97a67.jpg

5d2e725308.jpg

Info

The Infiniti FX50

Infiniti-FX50-2009-1024-01.jpg

I've never really taken a look at the FX until recently when doing some research on Infiniti for a review. That's when I found out that they stuffed a monster 5.0L V8 under the hood of one of these. Nearly 400 horsepower in a crossover not from M or AMG...that's maddening!

infiniti-fx50-engine-1.jpg

-> ...
The Infiniti FX50
^ Just wait til you dig up the 2013 Vettel Edition.

-> That one is by far the most expensive Infiniti yet and only available in EU. It's like the current Q50 Red Sport 400 on stilts w/ AWD.

Latest Posts

Back