You'll Be Able to Buy Houses and Businesses in Forza Horizon 4

VXR
They have added an off road experience park, so fingers crossed mud actually effects speed. Spintires Horizon.

There’s a screenshot of a couple of trucks going through some thick mud. Seems very similar to the thick snow in the Blizzard Mountain expansion which didn’t really affect speed. Hopefully it is different though.

"The 10 houses act as mini-Festival sites where you can customize and tune cars, cost IN-GAME credits to buy & the front driveway of your houses works as a Forzavista site"

source

I knew it was nothing like in TDU...

I wouldn’t expect it to be anyway. Just a way to unlock special perks just as the “businesses” seem to unlock a new challenge related to it. At least it confirms 10 new Forzavista “scenes”.

Plus it be a waste of resoure if it was anything like TDU. So it's good PG made the house simply a place to tune and customize your cars, as well as unlocking new perks, etc. rather than something "spectacular".

Kinda defeats the purpose, don't you think? To me they look like glorified FH Hubs, except that there are more of them and you apparently have to buy them with you own Cr. Yay.

As once who played TDU2 i'm all up for this. On Horizon 3 i've picked a house to call home as i missed it on TDU2.

Kinda defeats the purpose, don't you think? To me they look like glorified FH Hubs, except that there are more of them and you apparently have to buy them with you own Cr. Yay.
Honestly I’d rather have the house surroundings than the festival, it’s a way more personal experience. Also, don’t forget we had to work to unlock all the festival sites in 3 so I don’t see paying CR as much different, depending on how much the houses will actually cost of course.

Plus it be a waste of resoure if it was anything like TDU. So it's good PG made the house simply a place to tune and customize your cars, as well as unlocking new perks, etc. rather than something "spectacular".

To be fair, in TDU there were, what, four or five interior house models they kept rotating, and the only thing they did differently is that every house had its own garage (a hassle I would rather not have to suffer again)? Dunno if TDU2 was any different.

Back