You'll Be Able to Buy Houses and Businesses in Forza Horizon 4

It was a pretty cool feature in Test Drive Unlimited and TDU2, so yeah, why not? I just hope our garage size isn't limited to what we can store in our collection of houses.

Roleplaying, credits, perks..
Imagine buying a castle with a huge garden and setting up a car meet there. Or buying a house with a garage, displaying 4-5 models there and interacting with them Forzavista style. Just a couple of ideas but I think they could add a bit more "life" to the game..

Okay I had no idea about that. But it's a bit weird for forza imo. But the racing genre does need a bit of an evolution. It seems like that's one step away from GTA though.

Say hello to micro-transaction only ITEEEEMS haha. As for me? I'm staying with Motorsport 7.

So you want to stay with an objectively worse, buggier game then?

It was a pretty cool feature in Test Drive Unlimited and TDU2, so yeah, why not? I just hope our garage size isn't limited to what we can store in our collection of houses.

I have a feeling that it'll be a sort of hyperspace garage sort of thing, where 450+ vehicles can be instantly brought up from one place. Which I'm fine with for gameplay purposes.

34844050_10215624504982671_2701957728275791872_n.jpg

As it says at the end - And for the first time in the Horizon series, players can own property that unlocks new items and gameplay perks.

This has me wondering what the ''new items'' & ''gameplay perks'' are.

So you want to stay with an objectively worse, buggier game then?

I have a feeling that it'll be a sort of hyperspace garage sort of thing, where 450+ vehicles can be instantly brought up from one place. Which I'm fine with for gameplay purposes.

Look... I'll try Horizon 4's demo. I screwed up in judgement. I won't buy any real-money cosmetics though, if there is any.

Also, I'm guessing you'll have to buy more houses for more garage, just like TDU2. (TDU2 was a pile of dookie though...)

Hrm... Buying a house REALLY give you additional perks? Interesting... If there's a "Create your own tracks" perk, then it would be an insta-buy.

Housing and character clothing... it's the new feature in racing games. Just look at The Crew 2, it has both as well. I like it though. :)

Already preordered The Crew 2, will get FH4 for sure as well. But I will probably skip FM8 next year, those FM games aren't nearly as fun as the FH ones.

Housing and character clothing... it's the new feature in racing games. Just look at The Crew 2, it has both as well. I like it though. :)

Already preordered The Crew 2, will get FH4 for sure as well. But I will probably skip FM8 next year, those FM games aren't nearly as fun as the FH ones.

Hopefully they'll allow you to adjust rubber-banding. I would love to have it on at all times so I'm not hot-lapping.

Seems interesting, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's just a "menu-space" you can choose your cars in that has cut-scenes for entering/leaving. Not knocking it, just don't expect a Forza title to really go in-depth with the idea.

I never played TDU2, had hours on TDU1 and loved it, but I think only the 2nd let you walk around and really change up your home? TDU1, tmk, let you move to the next car than "walking". Had some really neat touches to promote "ownership".

I think to this day, the PGR series has still set the bar for me with garage spaces. I think 4 got a bit creative and the garages got more crazy with progression, but 2-4 still had really nice ways to display your cars. I loved the dealership in PGR2 that you walked around and test drove in, and PGR3-4 allowing you different home spaces. I don't think FH has to go as far as BC did, but something similar would be nice to see. The Motorsport series has sort of gotten close; FM5 or 6 had a small, personal garage for your car & FM7 had a teaser of the home space littered with cars. I wonder if the computing power is a factor though at displaying and getting really in-depth.

Back