Your 10 best ALBUMS of all time?Music 

  • Thread starter Thread starter Stinky Chicken
  • 42 comments
  • 1,845 views
I've tried not to double up on artists:

  • Led Zeppelin - Zeppelin IV
  • Tool - Lateralus
  • Pink Floyd - Dark Side of The Moon
  • Van Halen - The Best of Both Worlds (So what if it's a 'best of', it owns)
  • Black Sabbath - Masters of Reality
  • Guns N' Roses - Appetite For Destruction
  • Metallica - Master of Puppets
  • A Perfect Circle - Mer de Noms
  • Pantera - Cowboys From Hell
  • In Flames - Clayman

Stinky Chicken
...which is why I named the thread Your best ever album. ;)

Mine:

Tool - Undecided. Any/all.
A Perfect Circle - Undecided. Any/all.
In Flames - Colony
Rammstein - Reise Reise or Mutter
The Butterfly Effect - Begins Hear
Dream Theater - Train Of Thought (Falling Into Infinity is just weird :odd: )
SOiL - Scars
Disturbed - Believe
Soilwork - Natural Born Chaos
Fuel - Natural Selection

And before you mock my tastes in music Mr. Enslashay, note that I don't care, it sounds good to my ears so meh. :p
Well, technically you've listed 17 here. Tool have 5 albums, whilst A Perfect Circle have 3. You've used 8 of your 10 in just 2 bands...
 
Shannon
Well, technically you've listed 17 here. Tool have 5 albums, whilst A Perfect Circle have 3. You've used 8 of your 10 in just 2 bands...

Well, just pick the album you think I should rate as best and slot it in. 👍

You of all people know I rate Tool and APC's albums about on par with each other; it's impossible for me to decide.

Just take an album and whack it in. :cool:
 
Chris Hendriks

I like the older stuff better too, i just put those albums down because I happened to have them in front of me at the time.I don't think they only sing about how old they are, they're a very,very political band now.
I absolutely love their old stuff, I'm listening to Punk In Drublic right now.


okay cool.

Just making sure you aren't missing out on a few good cds.
 
I'm just going to list a few at a time as they come to me, and if that screws up the counting system just tell me 👍.

For now:

Pantera - Vulgar Display of Power
In Flames - Reroute to Remain
Opeth - Blackwater Park
Slayer - Reign in Blood
Sepultura - Roots
 
Stinky Chicken
Well, just pick the album you think I should rate as best and slot it in. 👍

You of all people know I rate Tool and APC's albums about on par with each other; it's impossible for me to decide.

Just take an album and whack it in. :cool:
But then that would be my favourite album, not yours. Which kind of defeats the purpose of the thread. :p
 
Some FANTASTIC albums mentioned, here are my top 10 (though I'm missing loads I'd rank along side these), in no real order here we go

Van Halen - Van Halen
Metallica - And Justice For All
Bob Dylan - The Times They Are A-changin'
Paradise Lost - Draconian Times
Pantera - Vulgar Display of Power
The Smashing Pumpkins - Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness
Steve Vai - Passion and Warfare
Faith no More - anything ;)
Pearl Jam - Ten
Iggy and the Stooges - Raw Power

iceman, you should have a listen to in flames's older stuff if you havn't allready, if ya ask me it's a load better. :)

Oh and Jimmy, some great cds there man.
 
1) Metallica - S&M


...And the rest in no particular order.

Dredg - El Cielo
Lostprophets - Start Something
Flaw - Endangered Species
Dead Poetic - New Medicines
Lostprophets - The Fake Sound of Progress
Metallica - Master of Puppets
Chevelle - Wonder What's Next

That's about it. Ever since I bought S&M I can barely listen to anything else and enjoy it, so most of my old favorite music sounds terrible now. :/
 
1. Slipknot (Slipknot)
2. Pantera (Far Beyond Driven)
3. Pantera (Vulgar Display of Power)
4. Metallica (And Justice For All)
5. Metallica (Ride the Lightning)
6. Metallica (Kill EM All)
7. Metallica (Master Of Puppets)
8. Pantera (Cowboys From Hell)
9. Deicide (Deicide)
10. Hatebreed (Satisfaction Is The Death Of Desire)
 
In no order:

Opeth - Blackwater Park
Tool - Aenima
Tool - Lateralus
The Mars Volta - De-loused in the comatorium
The Smashing Pumpkins - Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness
The Smashing Pumpkins - Machina
System of a Down - System of a Down
Rage Against the Machine - Rage Against the Machine
Radiohead - The Bends
The Offspring - Ixnay on the Hombre
 
In order :
Infected Mushroom - I'm the supervisor
Infected Mushroom - Converting Vegetarians
Infected Mushroom - Classical Mushroom
Infected Mushroom - The Gathering
Trance to Dance VOL.1
Sash - Encore une fois
 
Metallica - Kill 'Em All
AC/DC - Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap
Green Day - American Idiot
Thrice - The Artist In The Ambulence
Sum 41 - Chuck
Metallica - Master Of Puppets
Velvet Revolver - Contraband
Blink-182 - Take Off Your Pants And Jacket
AC/DC - Back In Black
Metallica - And Justice For All
 
Metallica - Master of Puppets
Van Morrison - Moondance
Smashing Pumpkins - Mellon Collie and The Infinite Sadness
Megadeth - Countdown to Extinction
The Doors - Greatest Hits (Yeah I know Greatest hits albums are lame, but this one owns.)
Juda Priest - Painkiller
Nirvana - Never Mind
Kid Rock - Devil Without A Cause
Smashing Pumpkins - Siamese Dream
Bob Marley - Legend (See Doors post about greatest hits albums...)
 
Back