Your alarm sound/ringtone?

• Thread starter Aggserp4
  • 68 comments
Apparently I can't change my notification sound to anything other than the defaults and 90% of them are water splash sounds...

Apparently I can't change my notification sound to anything other than the defaults and 90% of them are water splash sounds...
If you're using an Android device, you might need to use a file explorer and move the notification sounds that you've downloaded into the 'Notifications' folder, then try changing the sounds.

I used to use the first few notes of this song on repeat as my alarm.

But I soon replaced it with this. I haven't missed an alarm since.

Alright, DO NOT change to the Metar Gear Solid 4 alert sound if you value your life. I nearly have a heart attack every time it plays! Ugh!

I would often use the theme song for One missed call for the alarm ringtone, but as it sounded rather too sinister I changed to one of the theme songs of a Japanese musical group "Exile". :D

So far nothing inauspicious has happened to me though.

Ringtone is Sony's Xperia on a nexus 5x
Notification (Depends on app)
Main is icq's uh oh.
Then got weatherbug for weatherbug and EAS for another weather app.

Ringtone: Battle of the Planets/G-force (Science Ninja Team Gatchaman) theme song (edited).

Message alert: Kim Jong Il singing 'Ronery' from Team America.

Ringtone: The tune that plays when you picked up 3 Aku Aku masks in Crash Bandicoot.
Text Message: The sound when you picked up an extra life.
Alarm: The TNT countdown.

My alarm is the radio and the time I wake up is the news portion of it.

So everyday I wake up knowing that someone has died, gotten injured or a celebrity is in a scandal :/.

Use this as my alarm when I wanna annoy my gf :D

My ringtone is the theme from The Office (US)
Unless it's my parents calling, then it's the theme from Allo Allo

Just the simple 60's Star Trek communicator chirp. Wife hates it. Works very well though.

IMG_0160.PNG

I find I wake up much easier with a slow gentle tune so my wake up alarm used to one of the standard iPhone jingles that was light and mellow.

Then after Inception was released I changed it to Non, Je Regrette Ne Rien because screwing with my brain first thing in the morning reminds me life shouldn't be taken too seriously.

The rest of the time my phone is on silent so I don't really have a tone for calls and alerts.

My ringtone was Never Gonna Give You Up by Rick Astley for months, but once my girlfriend found out, she was not pleased. I love Rick Astley's music, but she can't stand it, so it's to 409 by the Beach Boys... for now...

Don't know what my alarm tone sounds like, too busy trying to remain asleep :dopey:. Last couple of years had it on BlackBerry default tones. Only this week I changed my ringtone to something different. First to someone playing a violin. However found myself delaying answering calls due to listening to the composition. So I ended up changing ringtone to a middle eastern sounding tune from an upcoming single, sounds pretty badass.

I've had Moby - My Weakness as my alarm for close to a year now probably. Waking up to a calm noise is rather nice, and somehow I still don't hate that song. Must be a sign that it was a good choice.

Every other tone is some generic dingaloo from the collection of whatever came with the phone. Only if people could actually reach me to make it ring. The damn thing loses connection every other day until I restart it.

Alarm and ringing are sort of opposites: some calmly starting music for the first, some annoying waveform for the latter. Because when I need the alarm I'm in a quiet environment.

For texts, notifications and calls I just like to have my phone on vibrate.

For my my alarm I use Open Your Eyes by Disturbed.

Just call me and this will sound :D. Honestly, didn't expect it would work so well as a ringtone :embarrassed:
My alarm, technically, it is and it isn't, thing is I remembered an online game who had a BGM using just the intro beat and dude, what a beat, I even made it into a rap beat for a friend ;)

Back