Your alarm sound/ringtone?

• Thread starter Aggserp4
  • 68 comments
image.png

.... :lol:

Last edited:
I use the eerie pitched ring tone that the police use in Psycho Pass. Haven't thought of something decent for text messages or alarms. I just use the phone's factory options.

I used to use Metal Gear Solid's codec ringer and "!" for texts (though the latter gets extremely annoying when people message you frequently).

As the alarm I use "MC Eiht - Straight up Menace" because it starts with "Wake yo punk a:censored: up" and as the ringtone I use Banana Phone. For obvious reasons.

The old bell telephone sound on iPhones. Freaks me the hell out when I hear it in public. I just freeze and think "WAIT. AM I SUPPOSED TO BE WAKING UP?! Oh. I am awake." Anyone else have this problem?

As the alarm I use "MC Eiht - Straight up Menace" because it starts with "Wake yo punk a:censored: up" and as the ringtone I use Banana Phone. For obvious reasons.
Was that so difficult? ;)

- - - - -

Ringtone - Game of Thrones theme song

Notifications - Back to the Future... chime?

Alarm - Fur Elise Dubstep

Last edited:
My reactions to your post are as follows.
TB
Ringtone - Game of Thrones theme song
Ah, popular show.. makes sense as a ringtone.
TB
Notifications - Back to the Future... chime?
Hmm, alright.
TB
Alarm - Fur Elise
That must be beautiful. I always did like that one in music class.
TB
Waitttt a second. What? :confused: That must be damaging to your brain.

Anyways. My ringtone is Peace of Mind by Boston. But my phone is almost always on vibrate. Sonit doesn't really matter what my ringtone is. :lol:

As cliche as it is, all my ringtones are Gran Turismo menu music songs. Different ones for different people, but the default is:

My notifications are all GT menu sounds, like pressing start or confirming a selection. Like after the memory card loads in this video:

I put an event on my phone calendar to remind me to check oil and coolant in my car, and it's got the GT Auto music from GT4.

The only non GT song I've got is Safari - Steps Ahead, which is too perfect of a ringtone song to skip.

And, I'd be remiss if I didn't mention that for a time I had the Pointer Sisters as my ringtone. It just sounded like a generic ringtone, but better.

This isn't the Sony Dream Machine I have but it has the same silly alarm noises you can choose from.

I use a variety of them, Rain is my favourite but if it's raining outside you might not wake up!

Lots of water based ones... makes you want to pee :lol:

Last edited:
My phone is usually on silent but when I do have the sound on, the ringer is a geeky Person of Interest thing. And the text alert is "Toastie!" :)

We live in the midwest, it's the only thing we have that makes it interesting!

Don't judge us!

No judgment going on here, just have a listen to the records I posted above and imagine what made those even more enjoyable for me BITD. 👍 :lol:

Back