Your Assetto Corsa Reviews.

• Thread starter Scaff
  • 309 comments
Assetto Corsa to me is:

"As i approach the tight right hander, the car goes light, the back starts to come around, so i lift off the accelerator Momentarily, expecting the car to swap ends, but it doesn't, and i manage to get away with it, this time.

Then, coming up to the next corner, the Karussell, i grab the wheel tightly, my nails digging into the leather of the wheel, but the fantastic Force Feedback helps me, by giving extra confidence as i start to turn in, the car starts skipping, bucking and weaving on the harsh bumps of the said famous corner........It seems to go on forever, and me waiting, with the worry of losing a filling or two from my teeth, but thankfully the suffering ends, and i power out of the corner as hard as i can, the car wheel spinning as it does so, due to the tyres having already cried enough on this punishing lap...I wipe a bead of sweat away from my brow as i start thinking how to tackle the last few miles of The Green Hell......."

To me, AC isn't perfect, but for sheer driving pleasure, it's the best console sim game ever...... It's like a beautiful woman with lots of bad points, you just keep coming back for more and more anyway.......And with time you learn more about her, all the good points and bad ones....And in the end, you fall in love!

Sorry for being poetic! :lol:

Thank you for your comment, which was made in the most beautifully sarcastic way possible. I will refrain from saying exactly what is on my mind other than I find it a little sad(but not surprising) that you chose to comment on a grammatical aspect of my post rather than the content itself.
Tbf your post was extremely difficult to read with ho paragraphs, and i was reading it on a 40 inch TV so i can only imagine how from past experience on Tablets and Smart Phones that reading your post on those devices would have been tedious.

A good rule of thumb is a paragraph everyone three or four lines.

Assetto Corsa to me is:

"As i approach the tight right hander, the car goes light, the back starts to come around, so i lift off the accelerator Momentarily, expecting the car to swap ends, but it doesn't, and i manage to get away with it, this time.

Then, coming up to the next corner, the Karussell, i grab the wheel tightly, my nails digging into the leather of the wheel, but the fantastic Force Feedback helps me, by giving extra confidence as i start to turn in, the car starts skipping, bucking and weaving on the harsh bumps of the said famous corner........It seems to go on forever, and me waiting, with the worry of losing a filling or two from my teeth, but thankfully the suffering ends, and i power out of the corner as hard as i can, the car wheel spinning as it does so, due to the tyres having already cried enough on this punishing lap...I wipe a bead of sweat away from my brow as i start thinking how to tackle the last few miles of The Green Hell......."

To me, AC isn't perfect, but for sheer driving pleasure, it's the best console sim game ever...... It's like a beautiful woman with lots of bad points, you just keep coming back for more and more anyway.......And with time you learn more about her, all the good points and bad ones....And in the end, you fall in love!

Sorry for being poetic! :lol:
That's how i describe AC to friends, Assetto isn't that hirl you see on a night out and say thwoaar and tap your mates and say look at that dayuum what i wouldn't do to that! ( just me? Surely not lol :lol: ), It's that girl you see who isn't showing any skin but something about her drives you crazy, that girl that can keep you hooked with a good convo, she's a keeper. Oh and cook too, oh and clean. That's assetto for me minus the cleaning.

Tbf your post was extremely difficult to read with ho paragraphs, and i was reading it on a 40 inch TV so i can only imagine how from past experience on Tablets and Smart Phones that reading your post on those devices would have been tedious.

A good rule of thumb is a paragraph everyone three or four lines.

That's how i describe AC to friends, Assetto isn't that hirl you see on a night out and say thwoaar and tap your mates and say look at that dayuum what i wouldn't do to that! ( just me? Surely not lol :lol: ), It's that girl you see who isn't showing any skin but something about her drives you crazy, that girl that can keep you hooked with a good convo, she's a keeper. Oh and cook too, oh and clean. That's Assetto for me minus the cleaning.

Noted, I shall try harder next time.

The last 2-3 weeks I spent a reasonable amount of time on this great Assetto Corsa on PS4. Sometimes difficult but that is the combi of car/track and the driver...Already often mentioned and agreed by many other GTP members. The physics are awesome! I am improving my drive skills bit by bit.

Thanks to the initiative of Guillaume C. who created www.ac-leaderboard.com this simracer adds an extra dimension of (virtual) competition to set new/better times over and over again. As our Max keeps saying "keep pushing", but we have to deal with a couple of real race simmers who are also helpful and unbeatable (for now ;) ).

Now back to the track and set some new times

Except, unless you physically write them down, you have no idea if they are new or not ;-) Just another missing feature from AC :-(

Agree but therefor the helpful 'tool' of Guillaume is worth a try. Yes you have to add your times/screenshots manually but is doable during a break between challenges. And Digital Bro has some work to do about e.g. leaderboards for us console simracers ;)

Except, unless you physically write them down, you have no idea if they are new or not ;-) Just another missing feature from AC :-(
In the first time attack version, the one that doesn't have the time check banners, the game remembers your best time for each car on each track. Otherwise there wouldn't be a ghost.

At least local leaderboards must therefore be possible at some point.

haha that moment when you set a great time but forget to make a screenshot to share with e.g. AC Leaderboard and you never get that time again. You only see your ghost car a car length in front of you. frustrating ;)
Or as I do it in this way on PS4 , make a screen shot and save the replay make a cut off the replay and than take the USB , stick in to the ps4 than doing
something ells for one or another reason coming back erase the clip and screen shot from PS4 , put the USB in my laptop and ...... nothing on the USB :boggled::confused::crazy::irked::odd::yuck:

Latest Posts

Back