your best overtakes

Poland
Poland
overtakes - essence of racing
do you pay attention how good your overtaking/battle maneuver is and do you save replays of best ones?
y'all talk all the time about dirty drivers and worst moves on track, but maybe you would like to share your best actions?

"daily race" video from few months ago

action from my beginnings in GT Sport, lobby race

There 's nothing better in racing than a great overtake.
I have two videos of me driving at Le Mans, the first one, I know, I'm off track, but it felt fantastic, Benoit Treluyer did something similar in 2011.

The second one, the same track. Had a bad start, but I could overtake some guys, move one into the dunlop chicane starts at 0:30, move two in mulsanne at 1:15. Both moves were pretty risky, but I had nothing to lose, I really wanted that position. A big thanks for the guys I overtook, that could have gone wrong 👍

giphy.gif

This is why I don't qualify, so many great overtake opportunities in every single race :)

It's much easier to find the dirty ones though as I simply scan for the penalty showing up in the replay. I guess I could hit the screenshot button to mark particularly good overtakes. It's always the best when two or more cars are battling in front of you and you squeeze through when they're too busy trying to block each other :lol:

The SRT Tomahawk makes the best overtakes in the Porsche curves, zoom by on the outside as if the car on the inside is hardly moving. That thing tears up the Porsche curves like no other.

I've posted this before, but will add here as a TTT.
1st segment is from my car.
2nd segment is the from car I passed.
3rd segment was from the car following.
Reason it is one of my favorites is because I very rarely make passes under braking, and, had to add a mid corner block to protect the over/under.

Yeah, in before someone says the beginning was disgusting. Why should I yield? I was in front. I gave the guy enough space to back out before the bus stop, but he didn't. Oh, it was planned of course, otherwise I couldn't show you the following overtake(s). :P

Started a race at Brands in 3rd place. First lap the clown in second place brake checks me while accelerating after Graham Hill. Luckily I reacted quickly & came off the power & avoided a penalty but almost got swallowed up by the pack.

Second lap the prize plumb deliberately shunts 1st place into the kitty litter at Druids. Bollards to this I thought to myself, this little four letter expletive aint winning this race if I've got anything to do about it. So I sit behind him for a few laps, just enough so he can't brake check me again & on lap 5 he makes his mistake.

Go to 4:15. Start of lap 5.

He goes too fast through Paddock, goes a bit wide, I go for the inside heading up to druids but so does he in a panic to stop me so I just quickly switch back to the racing line, brake & turn in normally & thoroughly enjoy watching him out break himself. Most enjoyable pass.
I almost lost it at the bottom of Hill as I was too busy shouting "Get it right up yi ya cheatin' wee.......Jeez Brake!" :lol:

Dragon Trail race in Gr.4 cars with fellow Belgian drivers. Made this fantastic overtake similar to Hakkinen-Schumacher at Spa 2000

POV car in front:

Full lap POV of the battle:

Had this one in my final Sport race for the night, channeling my inner Daniel Ricciardo :lol: The move definitely started as a “full panic stations, there’s going to be an impact!!” but quickly changed to, “well, while we’re here, we might as well overtake the SOB.”

I was a little choked about losing SR for this overtake, especially because this same guy had already hit me from behind multiple times in the same race, costing me even more SR, and leading me to wind up with a negative rating for the race, and ending my streak of clean races. If he would have finishe ahead of me I’d have been really choked, but the overtake made everything better :D

This was, by total accident. I didn't expect the BMW to brake so early (compared to me) and so I was mostly just trying to get out of the way and leave him space to avoid me. Luckily he reacted and it turned into a mega accidental dive bomb;

Also have this sweet double overtake;

Here's one, FFWD to the last lap.

Was a messy race and I knew I had the pace so by lap 3 i buckled down and ran a 1.40.2. I thought I was too far back but I knew the second half of the lap the Bugatti must be a pig as it's all corners. Then he started taking defensive lines early which helped me and i planned for the last corner wide entry move :)

I just did two " Ricciardo" style super late brake in last night's FIA Nations Cup with Mercedes W08 at Suzuka, at the same fianl chicane.
With the help of TCS though but I think it's still impressive enough, haha.

:gtpflag:

Not extremely spectacular, but still a pretty fun moment that reminded me of the Häkkinen/Schumacher/Zonta moment at Spa. Only I didn’t manage to overtake the car I was battling with.

Back