Your faith in Gran Turismo - has it been permanently damaged?

• Thread starter Razamataz
  • 395 comments
Have you tried putting all the assists on, at maximum where applicable? For the wet races you'll probably need to make sure you have intermediates or wet tyres fitted.
Yes I tried all sorts had all the assists full up and it was slightly better but as soon as I eased the throttle out of a corner it twitches so off with the throttle get straighter and go it still slides everywhere, It slides under braking terrible even when I brake early and gentle and that is with racing disc brakes and pads which if I am honest feel no different to the standard brakes, then I get overtaken by AI who think they are on slicks on a hot dry track in Abu Dhabi and I am crawling as even a four wheel drive car slips and slides.
What was more frustrating is when you enter a championship you have racing softs and a dry track and then half way through it starts to rain heavy, can you pit and swap tyres? no I don't think so, not in 5 lap races etc You have a choice do the whole championship on wets to prepare for that bit when it rains or risk driving in the rain with slicks!
There is quite a lot to sort out for the the updates to come, hence I claimed my cash back and will leave it until all the bugs are fixed and only then will I buy it back and start afresh.
I hope they do sort all the bugs out as I want to play it.

Yes I tried all sorts had all the assists full up and it was slightly better but as soon as I eased the throttle out of a corner it twitches so off with the throttle get straighter and go it still slides everywhere, It slides under braking terrible even when I brake early and gentle and that is with racing disc brakes and pads which if I am honest feel no different to the standard brakes, then I get overtaken by AI who think they are on slicks on a hot dry track in Abu Dhabi and I am crawling as even a four wheel drive car slips and slides.
What was more frustrating is when you enter a championship you have racing softs and a dry track and then half way through it starts to rain heavy, can you pit and swap tyres? no I don't think so, not in 5 lap races etc You have a choice do the whole championship on wets to prepare for that bit when it rains or risk driving in the rain with slicks!
There is quite a lot to sort out for the the updates to come, hence I claimed my cash back and will leave it until all the bugs are fixed and only then will I buy it back and start afresh.
I hope they do sort all the bugs out as I want to play it.
You can actually pit on at least one of the 5 lap races - LeMans. That's the one where it starts raining I think? I managed that by just sticking intermediates on at the start and didn't need to pit. I might be wrong, it's late here, I'm old!

The patch pulled through, some great things, some mediocre things and some still lacking.

Championships have doubled in prize money as promised.

Circuit experience got an even bigger boost, worth pursuing now
(and pays out retro actively, visit the ones you have completed to get the additional rewards)

New 1 hour endurance events have been added with decent payouts, although you will have to deduct the cost of the car and tires to be able to enter. For example the first one is 500K reward, but I had to spend over 200K on the car plus tires. The car for the second one is already 240K, same 500K reward. Nice distraction, but no money maker. (The last two are GR.3, not all require a special car)

1649341820206.png

New events:
Sarthe 8 laps PP 700 550K
Sardegna Road Track 15 laps PP 800 485K
Tokyo East 12 laps PP 600 550K

Some payouts have been adjusted up a bit, Windmills is now 52K instead of 40K. Not the most efficient anymore!

Gonna check if online payouts have been adjusted, waiting for the next race.
25K for 5th place in race C, I guess that's slightly better than it was.
(Yet in the same time you can get 550K on Sarthe)

Legendary car dealership has doubled in size
Good and bad, 22 million more to grind with the same 4 day estimate (but might be longer)

Bad news: No adjustment to custom race amounts. It wasn't promised, but now they are even more inconsequential for credits compared to the rest. But you can race without BoP now.

Some new content at least and circuit experience is a good way to get credits now.
Still no faster races though, max PP 800.

Last edited:
First time poster, short time luker here.

I think GT7 has a brutal, long road ahead of it. I've seen GT games launch in poor states, launch as "bad" games even. The thing that sucks the hardest is that GT7 isn't. It's a great game that's been actively sabotaged. It's amusing, however, that none of the sabotaged elements affect me directly, so I'm able to really look at this from a safer distance than many of those who are both violently outraged and grovelingly defensive.

I'm not convinced by this Microtransaction narrative I see being pushed. When the microtransactions were introduced, I kind of saw them coming. If GT6 and GTSport had them, there was no way in hell 7 wouldn't. They were really expensive with a really poor rate of in-game credits for your buck. Sucks. Predatory? Absolutely, but only in the same way that micros are predatory as a baseline. A ton of hyperfocus was put on the "top up" prompt that appears on the purchase confirmation window in game. Not to give Sony any ideas, but this prompt is remarkably easy to ignore. It's easier to ignore it here than it was on Sport, where upon buying a car, you had the option to purchase it using credits or real money presented side-by-side with the same amount of screen real-estate taken up. Sure, the pricing was FAR more reasonable, but if we're talking about really pushing mtx, Sport was on it much harder.

Of course, that's not to say that reducing race payouts isn't a terrible look - it's by far the most anti-player thing they've done, possibly in the whole franchise. But when it happened, I wasn't going "They're trying to make us pay for microtransactions!". I thought to myself "This seems like it's setting up for Seasonal Events or some high-paying alternative. Why would they nerf payouts before offering these alternatives?" Maybe I'm just not so jaded or cynical, but all of these decisions don't read as "greedy", but as something far simpler: "stupid". Near-sighted, tunnel-visioned decisions that ultimately give me a sense of a lack of critical thinking or understanding of the player-base rather than outright spite and avarice.

Again, this is from the perspective of some guy who's entire gameplay loop for the past month has been buying cheap cars, tuning them, and coming up with cool designs before sending them on the Nordschleife for my two-lap driving marathon after work. If I were more involved or invested in the expensive legendary cars, I'd probably be a bit more upset.

tl;dr - No, because it feels like these missteps, as MASSIVE as they are, are a product of incompetence rather than greed. GT7 has passion project written all over it. They just pulled the trigger on certain things while their guns were stuck in the holster.

Amen!

I do much the same.. only around Tsukuba... nord is reserved for weekends!

Not even GT7 for that matter. In reality PD are always the same inept game developer from long time ago that gets all their questionable crap swept under the rug. They get too much props.

They're put into too much pedestal if not looking at the old games is a criticism for GT7 or more recent GT only, using GT4 if it's seen as the pinnacle of the franchise (and these can apply to all other GT games too), in reality its:
  • UI/UX even more terrible than GT7 (other than next License but that's also a downgrade from before, of course silly PD thinks it's good idea).
  • The tedious, frustrating, and way too much License tests.
  • Duplicate, unnecessary, out of date, cars. GT has always fooled the players into thinking that they have huge car lists.
  • Covering their incompetence of game design with rubberbanding in AI
  • Worse, they neglect it to focus on useless Photo Mode (what inept move)
  • Locking the players of the cars with not for sale cars, prize exclusive cars, or used cars.
  • Even if the events are many, those consist of repetitive events with only difference in cars and laps, or championship format/not.
  • Frustrating mission design with players being forced to wait or unfair penalty.
  • Terrible car sound.
  • Other unexposed issues.
If it's only GT4, then GT3 also had the first braindead move of removing menu shortcuts, and also no next License on the pre-race screen for example. Both being used as GT7 complaints, when it was a product from far long ago.

Back