Your favorite LMP or Group C car?

• Thread starter G36E
  • 53 comments
Canada
Toronto
G-36E
So what's your favorite LMP or Group C car?

It doesn't have to be a current model , it can be any year.

I would say mine is the Sauber C9 as group C and the R15 TDi as a LMP.

They wandered off with the R18 though.

Lancia LC2

bh851.jpg

The 908 Hy also looks pretty awesome.
Looking forward to seeing the R18 and 908 Hy battle it out at circuit de la sarthe.

Favorite Group C? Mazda 787B, simply because of its sound. Favorite LMP? Lola-Aston Martin B09/60, also because of its sound.

God reading that hurt.

Too right!

On topic, my favourite Group C car would be the Jaguar XJR-9 LM. As far as LMP cars go, I would say the Bentley Speed 8 is my favourite. It seems I'm biased towards British manufacturers.

Group C? Mazda 787B
LMP? Audi R8 Champion Racing

787B because of sound. Champion Racing R8 because it was simply dominant.

Favourite Group C? Hmm...It's a toss-up between the Peugot 905:

872040.jpg

And the Allard J2XC:

09092323490bd91eb535401abf.jpg

Favorite LMP? The Panoz Esperante GTR-1:

97.jpg

Is the Panoz Esperante not a GT1? Like the Mercedes CLK LM? I don't think there was an LMP2 class or LMP675 even so I think it's a GT1 class car. Not sure though.

Is the Panoz Esperante not a GT1? Like the Mercedes CLK LM? I don't think there was an LMP2 class or LMP675 even so I think it's a GT1 class car. Not sure though.

The Panoz was a GT1 car, but raced back when GT1's were equivalent to the LMP1's of the day (The Mercedes CLK-LM directly competed against the Panoz in the 97-98' FIA GT series as a comparison).

Everyone loves the 787B :)
Toyota and Mazda should be in the next years Le mans series, anyone know why they dont race anymore?

Tired Tyres
It's the colour of your text that's the issue mate.

I think that he's a Famine wannabe.
Back on topic:
If it counts, Porsche 917K.
If not...
LMP: Porsche RS Spyder (kicked ass even though the regs for LMP2 made it slower than the LMP1 cars)
Group C: Rothmans Porsche 956, just because I personally know some of the drivers/mechanics.

Yes, I'm a Porsche lover.

Everyone loves the 787B :)
Toyota and Mazda should be in the next years Le mans series, anyone know why they dont race anymore?

Mazda does.
dyson-racing-mazda-sebring-image.jpg

As does Toyota.
5535975449_79a7d846ec.jpg

Both are just engine suppliers though.

OFF TOPIC: In the U.S. what channel do they give these races on?

ESPN3.com does the ALMS races, not sure anyone carries the other LMS races though(other than the 24).

Last edited:
👍 I second that! A real hot number, that car! Now all Jaguar has to do is build a modern-day one to take LeMans again.:drool:

The Toyota GT-1 is cool as well.
Technically, the Gt-One never raced as an LMP1 or 2 or LMP any at all. It raced in GTP, same as the Bentley Speed 8, so that wasn´t a LMP car either.
The Panoz was a GT1 car, but raced back when GT1's were equivalent to the LMP1's of the day (The Mercedes CLK-LM directly competed against the Panoz in the 97-98' FIA GT series as a comparison).
The Panoz did race under LMP900 flag in ALMS at some point, as did the Porsche 911 GT1.

My own faves has to be (purely based on looks) The Audi R18 and
Sauber C111.

Back