Your G29 Settings and Q/about the clutch

• Thread starter Dunphy
  • 68 comments
United States
United States
Hey Everyone!

I’m new to the wheel life (had it about a month), and I love it, but I’m unsure of the best settings, or how to find what best works for me. I’ve seen a few threads about wheels, but mostly, I’ll randomly find someone posting their settings in some thread off-topic, so I thought I’d start one.

What settings do you use on your G29?

I read a lot of people put the steering sensitivity all the way up to 7, because they say it has no latency or the least amount. Then there seems to be less concensus on the FFB Torque and Sensitivity.

—————————

My clutch question is, since it doesn’t use the pedal clutch on the Gr.3 & Gr.4s, am I better of just holding the accelerator while shifting?

I use the drive force shifter most of the time, but notice that I will lose some hundredths worth of a second shifting up. I try to shift faster, and am sure I can get a little faster, but it’s not like I’m going slow (although it must be hundredths of a second slow).

Thank you for all your posts in this thread and others! I’ve learned a lot from so many by just reading through the comments. Some of the best information I’ve found is in threads that aren’t asking about that information at all haha.

Controller Sen: 7
Max Torque: 5
FFB Sen: 3
Throttle Sen: 25%
Brake Sen: 20%
Wheel Rotation: 360"

Thanks for your settings GTFraker!

I was under the same impression as Woodybobs, but i’ll try the pedals adjusts. Maybe the pedals settings save from PC. Thanks again!

Last edited:
Where can you changed the throttle and brake sensitivity?
I can only see the option for the force feedback setting.

I haven't tried it yet, considering I got my G29 yesterday... but, from my understanding you adjust those on the PC. Seems to be debatable on if any of it saves tho.

My settings so far are 7,5,4. I can feel the road surface and the ripple strips very well.

Thanks for your settings GTFraker!

I was under the same impression as Woodybobs, but i’ll try the pedals adjusts. Maybe the pedals settings save from PC. Thanks again!

I haven't tried it yet, considering I got my G29 yesterday... but, from my understanding you adjust those on the PC. Seems to be debatable on if any of it saves tho.

My settings so far are 7,5,4. I can feel the road surface and the ripple strips very well.
I’m fairly sure and it was mentioned in another thread not long ago by somebody (I’ll see if I can find it if wanted), but adjustments made in the Logitech Gaming Software on PC do not carry over to the consoles.

I’m fairly sure and it was mentioned in another thread not long ago by somebody (I’ll see if I can find it if wanted), but adjustments made in the Logitech Gaming Software on PC do not carry over to the consoles.

Yeah I read it in another thread too. Yet, some people still seem to claim it does?? I haven't tried it tho. I've just learned to work with what I have. Sometimes I take tight turns almost one handed. The pedals feel fine to me. Just had to learn to truly stab the brakes.

Yeah I read it in another thread too. Yet, some people still seem to claim it does?? I haven't tried it tho. I've just learned to work with what I have. Sometimes I take tight turns almost one handed. The pedals feel fine to me. Just had to learn to truly stab the brakes.
Probably placebo, I found this

Having your wheel for a day you’ve got a lot of feel to still experience, I kinda miss that when I first had my wheel out of the box few years ago now lol. Brakes for me also I found one of the biggest things to adjust to, but it makes it a lot of fun. Enjoy it mate ;).

Hey Everyone!

I’m new to the wheel life (had it about a month), and I love it, but I’m unsure of the best settings, or how to find what best works for me. I’ve seen a few threads about wheels, but mostly, I’ll randomly find someone posting their settings in some thread off-topic, so I thought I’d start one.

What settings do you use on your G29?

I read a lot of people put the steering sensitivity all the way up to 7, because they say it has no latency or the least amount. Then there seems to be less concensus on the FFB Torque and Sensitivity.

—————————

My clutch question is, since it doesn’t use the pedal clutch on the Gr.3 & Gr.4s, am I better of just holding the accelerator while shifting?

I use the drive force shifter most of the time, but notice that I will lose some hundredths worth of a second shifting up. I try to shift faster, and am sure I can get a little faster, but it’s not like I’m going slow (although it must be hundredths of a second slow).

Thank you for all your posts in this thread and others! I’ve learned a lot from so many by just reading through the comments. Some of the best information I’ve found is in threads that aren’t asking about that information at all haha.
I seem to have to adjusted to;
Steering Sensitivity: 7
FFB Torque: 4
FFB Sensitivity: 6
But haven’t really had a huge play with it other than lowering from max settings which I use to use on GT6.

In terms of the clutch, what I do is simulate whatever the car uses. So if it’s a Gr.3/4 car and uses paddles there’s no need for clutch or lifting off the throttle when shifting ;).
Have fun with your wheel dude, welcome :).

Thanks for your settings! I like the torqu at 5 so far. I’m about a month in and my wheel skills are almost to my DS4 skills. I got to a DR-B on the DS4 and am in DR-C on the wheel. I went all the way to the lowest D when I started using the wheel haha.

I seem to have to adjusted to;
Steering Sensitivity: 7
FFB Torque: 4
FFB Sensitivity: 6
But haven’t really had a huge play with it other than lowering from max settings which I use to use on GT6.

In terms of the clutch, what I do is simulate whatever the car uses. So if it’s a Gr.3/4 car and uses paddles there’s no need for clutch or lifting off the throttle when shifting ;).
Have fun with your wheel dude, welcome :).

Thanks for the settings! Going with the paddle shifters on the Gr.3 & 4s is probably my best bet. I had to wait a few weeks on getting the shifter, as they didn’t have any in the store, or within 250 miles of that Best Buy, so I’ve been pretty pumped to use it haha. But I need to either shift faster, or just use the paddles as you said.

Thanks again!

I recently started using a G29 too and a great piece of advice I was given was to set everything to max and then start adjusting them down.

Good idea about setting them to max and working down. Seems the most logical approach.

I recently started using a G29 too and a great piece of advice I was given was to set everything to max and then start adjusting them down.

So which settings did you end up with. Pre 1.06 I was using 7-2-7. Does anyone think the FFB changed in 1.06 ?

I'm using 0-7-7, as the controller sensivity does not apply to G29 at all. It is just for the DS4 and its motion control. The other two options worked really well for me, as now I can feel a bit more of the car's weight, speed, non-traction exits, and so...

Observations on the g29 with gts, having a fanatec csl elite as well.

Firstly I've settled on a recommended of 1/4 /8 and it's the best compromise I've had prior to 1.06 for the g29. I haven't gone back after that update but did note the center spring was unfavourably strong for me on 1.06.

Now then, there is simply no or very mininal detail feedback on the g29. It's in the game , but the g29 doesn't seem dynamic enough to have resistance and detail play fairly nice. You make changes on the slider and the wheel goes from no resistance and dead to high resistance and dead. The only exception being curves. With the settings above I was unable to turn the csl wheel. For the csl I needed to run 1/1/1 and the detail while still maintain resistance is incredible, all while lowering additional force settings on the wheel it self. I'm feeling road imperfections I never knew were there. Tire behaviour in gt is still sub par but the csl really exposed a weakness with either the g29 implementation in gts or it's absolute capabilities. I can feel a discernable difference with every click of the in game ffb slider out side of just resistance.

Last edited:
I'm using 0-7-7, as the controller sensivity does not apply to G29 at all. It is just for the DS4 and its motion control. The other two options worked really well for me, as now I can feel a bit more of the car's weight, speed, non-traction exits, and so...

That would explain why the sensitivity doesn’t seem to do much. I thought it was just really incremental, haha. So basically no matter what it’s set to, it’ll run on one setting.

I’ve been liking the FFB Sensitivity at 7-8, haven’t tried the torque at 7 yet, but will give it a shot. Thanks for your settings and info!

Observations on the g29 with gts, having a fanatec csl elite as well.

Firstly I've settled on a recommended of 1/4 /8 and it's the best compromise I've had prior to 1.06 for the g29. I haven't gone back after that update but did note the center spring was unfavourably strong for me on 1.06.

Now then, there is simply no or very mininal detail feedback on the g29. It's in the game , but the g29 doesn't seem dynamic enough to have resistance and detail play fairly nice. You make changes on the slider and the wheel goes from no resistance and dead to high resistance and dead. The only exception being curves. With the settings above I was unable to turn the csl wheel. For the csl I needed to run 1/1/1 and the detail while still maintain resistance is incredible, all while lowering additional force settings on the wheel it self. I'm feeling road imperfections I never knew were there. Tire behaviour in gt is still sub par but the csl really exposed a weakness with either the g29 implementation in gts or it's absolute capabilities. I can feel a discernable difference with every click of the in game ffb slider out side of just resistance.

Thanks for your settings! I’ve heard that the G29 isn’t as reponsive as the CSL Elite. I’m glad I haven’t tried the CSL, or I would know what I’m missing haha. From what I read, it sounds like the Fanatec stuff is a another level than Logitech.

Thanks for your settings! I’ve heard that the G29 isn’t as reponsive as the CSL Elite. I’m glad I haven’t tried the CSL, or I would know what I’m missing haha. From what I read, it sounds like the Fanatec stuff is a another level than Logitech.
It is on a completely different level. The g29 pedals Are good, which makes the wheel performance so dissapointing. At least by 2017 standards. Logitech literally threw in the towel. I was lucky to grab it on sale for 199 at best buy and quickly noted that it was not at all better than the t150 , I recently got rid of that msrps at 199, except for the pedals.

After a bit time time adjusting it down I ended up back on max everything.
Don't take this the wrong way (nothing good started this way right) but if you have everything maxed out either you've never experienced good force feedback , or dont know what it's supposed to feel. I understand that personal preference plays a part , but I promise you're doing a disservice by maxing out settings.

I was once there which is why I mentioned It, and adding the caveat that ffb in gt isn't great but there is always an optimized point to achieve. Again this is just another point to consider depending on what kind of feel you are after.

Last edited:
I would do it in reverse. You are more likely easier to identify loss in detail and or response , vs a gain in them.

It is on a completely different level. The g29 pedals Are good, which makes the wheel performance so dissapointing. At least by 2017 standards. Logitech literally threw in the towel. I was lucky to grab it on sale for 199 at best buy and quickly noted that it was not at all better than the t150 , I recently got rid of that msrps at 199, except for the pedals.

I’m interested to try the Thrustmaster or Fanatecs out. I got the g29 on that Best Buy deal too. It was a good deal for a first wheel. Eventually, one day, i’ll upgrade to the higher tiers.

That would explain why the sensitivity doesn’t seem to do much. I thought it was just really incremental, haha. So basically no matter what it’s set to, it’ll run on one setting.

I’ve been liking the FFB Sensitivity at 7-8, haven’t tried the torque at 7 yet, but will give it a shot. Thanks for your settings and info!
I think it does apply to wheels also as I changed my from 7 to 0 for the go karts which seemed to have crazy sensitivity on 7...

Back