Your G29 Settings and Q/about the clutch

• Thread starter Dunphy
  • 68 comments
I think it does apply to wheels also as I changed my from 7 to 0 for the go karts which seemed to have crazy sensitivity on 7...

Believe you’re right. I was playing around with it and there seems to be a difference. I didn’t try it on the karts though, sounds like it’s more pronounced on them.

Thanks for your reply!

Maybe, but if you stand hovering the Sensivity option, there's a marquee message at the bottom that talks about the DS4 nor any wheel. I'll try to check that out then. As I just received my playseat challenge... I'm gonna spend the weekend testing :D

Maybe, but if you stand hovering the Sensivity option, there's a marquee message at the bottom that talks about the DS4 nor any wheel. I'll try to check that out then. As I just received my playseat challenge... I'm gonna spend the weekend testing :D

I've been thinking about getting a playseat challenge myself. I'm curious how sturdy it is and how easy it is to fold and store in a closet. It's annoying trying to play with a small table, it allows my wheel to move too much.

My fiance got me the Evolution, I ****ing love it.

I was under the impression that only the in game settings matter in GTS. Has changing the the other settings made a difference for you?

I've tested changing wheel rotation from 900 degrees at various points all the way down to 90, it does nothing in GTS - the settings are saved on the PC and not to the wheel. Feel free to try it, you have nothing to lose but I don't think it does anything.

What's even sillier is that people change Controller Sensitivity as if that will affect their wheel in any way.

I’m interested to try the Thrustmaster or Fanatecs out. I got the g29 on that Best Buy deal too. It was a good deal for a first wheel. Eventually, one day, i’ll upgrade to the higher tiers.
Absolutely. At 199 I think it's the better deal of the T15O, if only for the peace of mind and better pedals.

Last edited:

Well my recent experience suggests that the FFB for G29 Wheel sensitivity not controller sensitivity needs to be set low at 2 rather than 7 as I had it.

Thats what a number of the WRS people run it at. Torque can of course be what works for you.

Thanks @MadMax and @GTP_randy for that.
I'll bring it down to 2 then sensitivity wise - torque will be variable depending on the arms !

Edit - just tested it on Village with the Mustang and definitely some benefit as can feel car better through the banked sweeper and other fast approaches/exits; resulting in a faster lap time yay ! Will be sticking with this setting so thanks again to @MadMax and @GTP_randy.

@Turbo Racer 48 I use 7/2. Anything higher than 2 on sensitivity and you'll lose feel of the bumps and rumbles of the tracks. As for the torque,well,that's up to you and your arms. I like stronger FFB.

I use a G29, and played the entire beta. I just got the full game, but I'm pretty certain from my experience that wheel sensitivity works- I tend to run it very low- -1, -2 in some cases. Still playing with the other settings. Everyone's observations on detail feedback are spot-on, though. My g29 is flat freaking brilliant in pCars1, and more of a twistable DS4 in GTS. Really hoping for some improvement.

If the controller sensitivity setting change has no real effect and is just placebo, it sure is a strong one.

I had been struggling with handling of some cars with the G29 and found that changing the settings for each car individually made a big difference. What works for road cars does not feel right for GR3. What works for the Porsche does not feel right in my 4C, especially when trying to correct snap oversteer.

In previous versions of GT, I mostly left things alone from car to car, that doesn't work now. It's not a bad thing, actually, each car has it's own feel. Since the FFB settings are not saved as part of the car setup, it is tedious changing them every time I switch cars.

Controller sen. 7
Max torque 5
FFB sen. 8

In my opinion this gives every car a realistic feel. (I wasn't able to find settings for FF cars that felt realistic, because apparently GT Sport's FFB doesn't know what understeer is.)

Controller sen. 7
Max torque 5
FFB sen. 8

In my opinion this gives every car a realistic feel. (I wasn't able to find settings for FF cars that felt realistic, because apparently GT Sport's FFB doesn't know what understeer is.)
It does , but you don't feel it with torque that high, unfortunately with g29 you have no choice but to run torque higher than optimal .

Ran the GR3 event a few times today. REALLY enjoyed the 10 lap format! For the Mustang, I used WHL SEN 0, FFB STR 2, FFB TOR 4. I also notice the G29 favors more front brake bias- the G29 brake pedal is really "hard". My best Q lap was just under 2:02, and I ran OK in the races. SR up to S, DR still D. (Yellow Pennzoil livery was me if anyone was running today.)

It does , but you don't feel it with torque that high, unfortunately with g29 you have no choice but to run torque higher than optimal .
Exactly, if you want more road feel, you lose a lot of center spring strenght, since this is what replicates "self steer" (i.e. the way the wheel acts when let it loose) it's very important to get right if you want a realistic behavior of your FFB.

PD should hire the guys that did the FFB for DIRT Rally, DIRT Rally's road feel and FFB in general makes my G29 come alive compared to GT Sport.

Exactly, if you want more road feel, you lose a lot of center spring strenght, since this is what replicates "self steer" (i.e. the way the wheel acts when let it loose) it's very important to get right if you want a realistic behavior of your FFB.
What do you suggest for GTSport?

Hey g29 fellas, ive bought one and started to run it today ... Never had a wheel before, so wanna know if my feelings are right or there is something wrong with the wheel.
It feels very hard, Im not a weak guy and my first 1-2 hour session made me tired. Changed the configs in game to 2 and 3 ,but I was already tired and couldnt feel much difference

After buying and using the Fanatec CSL Elite pedals, the out of the box G29 pedals are junk. Load cell brake pedal is a night and day difference. While I have not tried it yet on GTS, I made the switch in Iracing and it is a massive upgrade.

For those that don't know or understand (the best way I can describe it), the stock G29 pedals are based on motion. The further you push the pedal down, the more brake that is applied. Load cell pedal is done by pressure, like a real brake pedal. The harder you push down, the more brake that is applied. It is literally a night and day difference. Well worth the $200 upgrade, especially if you're serious or want to get serious.

I'm very serious, but $200 for a single pedal upgrade is out of the budget. The high end sim racing community certainly helps the economy, no denying that.

I think I'm somewhere around 2 torque and 4 sensitivity, or 2 and 5. I used to run the torque a lot higher but it legitimately ended up tweaking my wrist after too many endurance races. The controller setting doesn't do anything, I think i have it at -2? The karts are undriveable at any setting.

I'm very serious, but $200 for a single pedal upgrade is out of the budget. The high end sim racing community certainly helps the economy, no denying that.

Scary part is, the Fanatec is not considered "High End"

http://www.hppsimulation.com/hpp-3-pedal/24-phtv2p.html About $1000 USD

https://heusinkveld.com/products/sim-pedals/sim-pedals-pro/?v=7516fd43adaa Around $700 USD

Save the money, get the Fanatec pedals, you won't be disappointed and it is well worth it.

You can take this to its logical conclusion and just invest in a race car bhaha

While I've joked about it, all the money for sim racing is paid up front and there is very little to no perishable parts that need to be replaced regularly. For a good set of race tires, gas and entry fees for one race day, you can buy a gaming rig. Spend the money up front and get a decent wheel and pedal combo along with a race seat and you're pretty much done. Cost per lap on a simulator is substantially cheaper than track days or racing (duh). While nothing will replace doing the real deal, I Racing is about as close as you can get. Go bat-ish crazy and you can pick up a full motion simulator with everything included for around $5,000 USD.

I've been thinking about getting a playseat challenge myself. I'm curious how sturdy it is and how easy it is to fold and store in a closet. It's annoying trying to play with a small table, it allows my wheel to move too much.

I bought the challenge and its quite good. Such a good purchase.

When folded it is quite bulking and stands quite high and with everything still attached it is quite heavy. I cant quite fit it into a wardrobe.

Folding is a breeze. Unplug cords, dumped them in the seat. Lift and fold seat section. Pull up pedals. I can pack it and store within a minute.
Its secures with velcro. The pedals will eventually become unsecured with folding and will need to be redone every few uses.

I only have a few issues with it which are;

Steering wheel mount is not really adjustable in relation to you. You can only adjust how much lower and laid back into the seat you are.
Steering wheel mount portion doesn't seem straight with the seat.
Steering wheel mount portion isn't the most stable by design of the chair. Since it is on a movable piece that locks in which allows you to enter / exit.
The brace / attachments for the pedal bracket move around and its really hard to adjust. My pedals are now left from centre. It's not a big deal but visually looks bad.
The seat material doesn't breathe well. My back ends up very sweaty in the chair after extended play.

I'm really nit picking but for a fold up chair its really good.

Back