Your Graphics cards

  • Thread starter Thread starter DARRKCLOUD
  • 247 comments
  • 17,158 views
And I have two 7800GTXs connected up to one mofo of a mobo :) .

Not that I want to turn this thread into a pissing contest;)
 

Attachments

I found out how to get every stat you can think of, if you type in STAT ALL: Look what comes up, lol. You cannot play the game properly, so you have to type STAT NONE to get rid of it.

Somewhere I have some photos of the old PC.
 
CAMAROBOY69
Last christmas. So far I have never had a problem. As long as it plays FEAR next week I will be happy.
Plays Half Life 2, Sims2, Roller coaster 3, Age of EMpires 3, and any other game on it with no problems. All on the highest settings.
It can probably play it on low settings. My 9800Pro was on lowest settings in FEAR, up until the new Catalyst drivers came out. Now on medium-ish. Make sure to upgrade to these new drivers. 👍 They help immensley. 👍
 
CAMAROBOY69
Last christmas. So far I have never had a problem. As long as it plays FEAR next week I will be happy.
Plays Half Life 2, Sims2, Roller coaster 3, Age of EMpires 3, and any other game on it with no problems. All on the highest settings.

Do what im doing, get yourself the ultimate AGP card you can, for this christmas, and you will be happy for a long time. I am getting the ATi X850xt for $299, and it has a $50 mail in rebate. I think thats a steal. Hell, if i had a 9550, i would probably keep it for maybe another year, if not more, im not stupid to change my card every year, since i have my card now over 3 years, i think i might as well get a new one this year. I really want to play BF2, but my card is 64mb, so i want to get the X850xt.
 
Event
It can probably play it on low settings. My 9800Pro was on lowest settings in FEAR, up until the new Catalyst drivers came out. Now on medium-ish. Make sure to upgrade to these new drivers. 👍 They help immensley. 👍
How do I upgrade to the new drivers?? I am not going to buy a video card every year. I only play PC games once in a while. My GF plays them a lot more than I do. However if I am not happy with the results I get when playing FEAR then I may upgrade. We will see. Or I will buy another PC so my GF and I can play PC games together. :)
I will just make sure mine has one bad A$$ video card if I do get another pc. But thats a different topic that will be discussed later when income tax season rolls around. :dopey:
 
i am gonna upgrade my videocard... i think i am gonna go with the x800gto AGP... unless anyone here can think of an AGP videocard of similar price that is better.
 
CAMAROBOY69
How do I upgrade to the new drivers??

Download the newest Catalyst Control Center from www.ati.com
Uninstall your current CCC, if you dont have one, just proceed to install the on you just downloaded. The install will take a few minutes, restart your computer, and your all done. Just incase make sure you make a restore point, cause **** happens. Then you can open up CCC, and play around with its settings. You should get a nice boost in game performance with there drivers.
 
New Features
The Catalyst 5.12 software suite introduces dual core support for CPU bound cases. This feature provides improved graphics performance for DX 9 supported graphics adapters installed in systems running the Windows XP and Windows XP Professional x64 Edition operating systems.

Performance Improvements
Catalyst 5.12 improves a variety of CPU-bound performance cases when an ATI product is installed in conjunction with a dual-core or hyperthreading CPU. Performance gains include:

3DMark05 gains as much as 5.7%
3DMark03 gains as much as 3.3%
3DMark2001 SE gains up to 10%
Aquamark 3 gains up to 16%
Comanche 4 improves as much as 20%
Far Cry gains as much as 25% on some product configurations
Half-Life 2 performance improves as much as 8%
Splinter Cell improves as much as 8% in certain parts of the game
Tomb Raider Angel of Darkness runs as much as 10% faster
Unreal Tournament 2004 framerates improve as much as 10%
 
I noticed that you like HL2, as stated above, 8% increase for HL2 is pretty nice.
 
RobcioPL
I believe its just a 9600 in PCI-E form.
Wouldn't surprise me in the least.

I would learn to use the EDIT button aswell if I was you. 4 posts in a row is a big No-no. You'll no doubt hear form a mod.
 
Some useless intel 128mb one that came with the laptop.

Wahhhh!!! My taskbar disappeared an reloaded when i finished typing that ...

Intel are evil.
 
RobcioPL
T/y. I will try that when I open FEAR on this christmas break (this weekend!!). :dopey:
 
ExigeExcel
Wouldn't surprise me in the least.

I would learn to use the EDIT button aswell if I was you. 4 posts in a row is a big No-no. You'll no doubt hear form a mod.
Yeah, sorry about that, things just kept popping into my mind, so i kept making new posts, instead of editing.
 
RobcioPL
Yeah, sorry about that, things just kept popping into my mind, so i kept making new posts, instead of editing.
You will be ok. All your posts were informative and very helpful. 👍 They just hate when people post 4 times in a row of something usless.
 
CAMAROBOY69
RobcioPL
T/y. I will try that when I open FEAR on this christmas break (this weekend!!). :dopey:

If x-mas goes well I might actually be able to taste FEAR sooner than I ever imagined. :crazy:
 
RobcioPL
Unreal Tournament 2004 framerates improve as much as 10%
I have upgraded the driver, and it is about 10%. It used to be 27FPS on full settings, and now it is 37-40 FPS ;)
 
does anyone know where i can get an unlockable x800gto, or a 6800gs both in agp...? i am trying to get a good agp videocard for under 200 bucks
 
Gabkicks
does anyone know where i can get an unlockable x800gto, or a 6800gs both in agp...? i am trying to get a good agp videocard for under 200 bucks

Well an AGP 6800GS will cost you £200 over here, so if you follow the usual rules you're looking at spending around $350 for one.

Try this for the X800GTO 👍
 
donbenni
That's not 10% you morgan, that's more like 30%.

LOL, but some people may get better results then others, depending on the CPU and graphics card.
 
donbenni
That's not 10% you morgan, that's more like 30%.
But I went from a driver what was over a year old.;)
The driver I used was originaly released at the begining of November 2004. :)
 
DARRKCLOUD
But I went from a driver what was over a year old.;)
The driver I used was originaly released at the begining of November 2004. :)

Some people dont update in ages, i do upadate everytime there is a new one, 5.13 should be here somewhere this month.
 
I haven't updated this computer, yet, because it was new in august. ;)
 
nVidia GeForce 5700 LE...I think. It's a real piece of crap and the only reason I have it is because my 9800 pro sizzled. :(

Next year I'm hoping to get an x1800 xt. :)
 
i'm gonna get the sapphire x800gto 256mb AGP from newegg. there is a chance it could have the 480core.... then i could unlock the 4 extra pipelines making it have 16!! even with 12 its suppost to be an insane overclocker.
 
Back