Your GT5P setup

• Thread starter Noah
  • 571 comments

Noah

Premium
Post pictures of your guys setup that you use to play GT5P. I will post my setup probably tomorrow. Sorry if there is another thread for this but I couldn't find one.

My PC and console racing setup...

racing_setup.jpg

The table holding the G25 slides in and out for easy entry/exit, and the keyboard is attached to it via an LCD arm. The seat is an old gaming chair (Rockr brand, I think). I'm a tiny guy (5'10", 140lbs) so the whole package works well for me.

A 24" monitor and surround sound cap off my favorite corner of the house, and I'm rarely playing anything that isn't a racing sim these days. :)

Damn I'm jelous :drool:. All I have is my recliner and my SIXAXIS contoler and my 25'' standard definition TV.

G25 in my main theater. Front projection screen, 80" at 6'. NAD Master series electronics on Dali Euphonia mains and center, with Mentor rears. To 15" DIY subwoofers with some 1200W each.

Yeah, it rocks! :D

Ok, I'm going to show off with my setup :sly:

• Recaro seat
  • Samsung 245B 24" x3
  • Three PS3's 60gb PAL version
  • G25
  • 7.1 surround sound system. T9700 from creative.
The multi monitor setup doesn't work with GT5p. It's for GT4.

Thank you :(

Heh, sorry, LMFAO wasn't directed at your set up (which is clearly VERY impressive), but more at the thought of how quickly ther divorce papers would hit me if she came home and found I'd 're-arranged' the living room!

Just a simple 37" Panasonic plasma, Sony 5.1 surround and SAXIS on the couch for me (and there'll usually be a glass of red at the side of me too).

Heh, sorry, LMFAO wasn't directed at your set up (which is clearly VERY impressive), but more at the thought of how quickly ther divorce papers would hit me if she came home and found I'd 're-arranged' the living room!
Oops :embarrassed:.

Sorry! :guilty:

Luckily I'm not married and I never will be.

:)

:eek:OMFG!!:cheers: I think we have a winner. No way I'm posting pics now, that would just be embarrassing..:indiff:

That's some serious HP, very nice. Do you ever leave that room? :)

I have vertical arrangement envy for sure...

Very, very cool!!

And that car, the 'Yellow Bird', what a motor - one of my all time favorites... just to show off a little, I have a Silver 996 C2 sat outside :)

:eek:OMFG!!:cheers: I think we have a winner. No way I'm posting pics now, that would just be embarrassing..:indiff:

That's some serious HP, very nice. Do you ever leave that room? :)[/I]
I think you should ask if I ever enter the room. I don't play GT4 anymore and GT5p only a few times a week. Sometimes I don't touch it for more than a week. As long as GT5p is not compatible with 3 monitors, I'm not that keen of playing it. Don't get me wrong, I love GT5p but I'm missing something.

Stotty
And that car, the 'Yellow Bird'
Actually it's not the yellow bird. It is the RUF BTR. Look at the front and rear spoiler.

bjmels: I have a thread over at Home Theater Shack. Somewhat old pictures and outdated now, but the speakers and amps are the same.

A thread about the building process of my two Sonotube subwoofers, with pictures near the end.

I also have quite alot more acoustic treatments now, and it sounds a whole lot better now than it did back then!

Some of you may have seen mine already in the Racing Cockpits section. The ECCI pedals get exchanged with the Logitech ones for PS3 racing.

I'm convinced the setup improves my lap times by at least a second.:D

Attachments

• P2110039.JPG
    P2110039.JPG
    83 KB · Views: 813
  • P2110028.JPG
    P2110028.JPG
    80.9 KB · Views: 591
Ok, I'm going to show off with my setup :sly:

• Recaro seat
  • Samsung 245B 24" x3
  • Three PS3's 60gb PAL version
  • G25
  • 7.1 surround sound system. T9700 from creative.
The multi monitor setup doesn't work with GT5p. It's for GT4.

Are you using matrox triple head 2 go and why do you have three ps3's

You need a separate ps3 for each monitor. You also need 3 copies of the game.

thats a nice rig matey..did you put it together..??

bet the steel cost a pretty penny alone..

Thanks. Yes I bent, cut and polished it myself, then hired a welder to put it together. The stainless steel was free. :)

Attachments

• tack1.jpg
    tack1.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 384
How does the 3 monitor setup work?
Link of how the setup works.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showpost.php?p=2787320&postcount=201

Some of you may have seen mine already in the Racing Cockpits section. *snip*
As an1mal_69 already asked, did you made that yourself? :eek: That is an incredible nice and good looking cockpit. I'm jealous now!

EDIT: my question has been answered!

lonestar420
Are you using matrox triple head 2 go and why do you have three ps3's
No, I'm not using the triple head 2 go. It is not compatible with the PS3, I think.

The three ps3's are connected in a network. You need 3 GT4 copies. In GT4 you have to use a left view on the left monitor on 1 ps3, the middle view on middle monitor on another ps3 and the right view on the right monitor on the third ps3, creating a peripheral (180°) view.
Take a look at the above link. It will explain a lot, I hope.

:)

Some of you may have seen mine already in the Racing Cockpits section. The ECCI pedals get exchanged with the Logitech ones for PS3 racing.

I'm convinced the setup improves my lap times by at least a second.:D

DUDE!!! That is utter sex! I've seen a lot of nice setups but yours belongs in an art gallery. :drool:

Custom built by yours truly. I designed this simple frame in 3dsmax after refining a wooden prototype. Thanks to dad for letting me use the welder. This is the 3rd one I built, the other two are at chucks for GT4 LAN. Wheel and pedal box are screwed into place, so there's absolutely no sliding or flex. Adjustable seat bought from JC Whitney. $40 for the steel and $170 for the seat.

Attachments

• jake-brooklyn.jpg
    jake-brooklyn.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 570
Back