Your GT5P setup

• Thread starter Noah
  • 571 comments
Jαke;3038086
Custom built by yours truly. I designed this simple frame in 3dsmax after refining a wooden prototype. Thanks to dad for letting me use the welder. This is the 3rd one I built, the other two are at chucks for GT4 LAN. Wheel and pedals are screwed into place, so there's absolutely no sliding or flex.

See now that's what I am talking about. Looks simple and cool. Even I can do that and I am really not that great constructing things like that. Jake how much did all that cost you?

Some of you may have seen mine already in the Racing Cockpits section. The ECCI pedals get exchanged with the Logitech ones for PS3 racing.

I'm convinced the setup improves my lap times by at least a second.:D

Wow that looks beautiful man. I only wish I could have something like that in my room.....if you know what I mean. :P

See now that's what I am talking about. Looks simple and cool. Even I can do that and I am really not that great constructing things like that. Jake how much did all that cost you?

Steel and seat = $210

The DFP, Sony XBR6, PS3, and GT5P cost about $1700

Wow not bad at all....I have a Sony Bravia 40"XBR, PS3 60gbs, only missing now is the steering wheel and cockpit. Now question...I don't have the money to get a G25...so which should I go with? I have only like $200 dollars to make the whole project. Suggestions needed please.

Can't afford a good cockpit yet but that works.

dscn1729xm7.jpg

Wow not bad at all....I have a Sony Bravia 40"XBR, PS3 60gbs, only missing now is the steering wheel and cockpit. Now question...I don't have the money to get a G25...so which should I go with? I have only like $200 dollars to make the whole project. Suggestions needed please.

My friend has the G25 and it's great. I just can't bring myself to purchase one since the DFP's are so cheap. If you don't beat the snot out of your equipment the DFP is a great bet. And besides, I don't use the sequential/gated shifter anyway... paddles are the way to go IMO.

very nice set ups guys. hopefully by the end of the summer i will have a g25 and build a cockpit. all these pics will serve as inspiration.

Some of you may have seen mine already in the Racing Cockpits section. The ECCI pedals get exchanged with the Logitech ones for PS3 racing.

Holy crap :crazy: Incredible stuff.

Now do you actually need three PS3 to run three screens like that? I am curious for when I decide to do a setup.

My setup in light...
Setup2.jpg

My setup in dark...
Setup1.jpg

My setup (top view)
Setup4.jpg

By the way I use my TV (Sharp Aquos 32" 1080p) for both my television for ps3 and my computer monitor.

I also plan on getting a cockpit and possibly a G25 once I move, or by the end of summer.

gtg25js8.jpg

heres mine pretty simple samsung s86 22" on the wall 5.1 setup and my g25 on a bedside table :D

*excuse the 6th place thing, It was the first time I used it I think

Nice thread! There are some very impressive cockpits! Lots of $$$ in hardware... 👍

Here's mine (not finished yet):
2962c3b1.jpg

53435a2f.jpg

20349045.jpg

It has a Sanyo 42" 1080p LCD screen, custom made wood structure, Recaro seat, FrexGP wheel adapter, MOMO steering wheel, FrexGP sequential shifter (covered with a VW center and shifter). Dashboard was purchased used (and cheap!).

I still have to cover all that wood with some black fabric, and install my DOLBY DIGITAL AC3 sound system. Also pending is covering the opening over the radio in the central part of the dasboard, and installing a trio of VDO gauges I got some time ago from Ebay (oil press, volts and oil temp). They'll look good at night with their lighting on! Since I'll have to supply 12V for the gauges' lighting, I'll also run 12V through the volt gauge to make it "active". There´ll be some nice toggle switches too, for lighting on/off, master switch on/off, etc, etc.

P/S: The glovebox makes a nice "game and controller holder"! And the central air vents are very usefull "remote control holders"!!!!

My setup is just a 32" 1080P and the logitech Driving Force (yes the old one) with a lap attachment... but hey it's good enough for me and doesn't take up much space.

Here is my second set up,in the spare bedroom. The 32in Samsung has 3 hdmi sockets,PS3, XBOX 360.PC.
Using a ds3 at the moment,G25 coming for my birthday.
2008_0530PS3BEDROOMSETUP0014.jpg

Next up our longe set up, 42in SHARP 1080 LCD,DENON A/V AMP,MORDAUNT SHORT 5.1 SURROUND SPEAKERS. ETC.
2008_0601PS3LIVINGROOMFINAL20001.jpg

Tend to use the gear upstairs more for gaming,can concentrate more without distractions.

is that the logitech keyboard you have there, any good. im thinking of replacing my microsoft wireless desktop with one of them

All i have is this,

DSC06827.jpg

And a comfy sofa and a DS3. :)

But i would love a G25 and playseat. The missus is not so keen. :grumpy:

is that the kdl mate, ive been after the tv they use to display blu rays in hmv, and this tv looks exactly the same

CDN57: I was under the impression, as indicated over on the RSC Forums, that you could use the same pedal cord w/the ECCI pedals as used with the stock G25 pedals?

Though..I could have read that part wrong...seeing as I read about that many many months ago.

SimRaceDriver

Back